Sponsored

Mopar 5” and 7” LED Offroad lights

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Anyone find any black Friday or cyber Monday deals on the 7" and 5"?

Thanks
Sponsored

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I agree with you. Here’s what they look like installed and on, bad ass . I tied them into my number 4. Auxiliary switch

21837369-8797-41CF-BB32-8F1F553C6B49.png

336A3AB5-FA08-4F00-9148-48C6D9816795.jpeg

7A1A1E4F-67BA-4B21-BA54-8AC8BE6E2E0D.png

How do you attach the 2 lights to 1 aux switch? I'll be doing this tomorrow.

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
Mopar 7” lights are my favorite for auxiliary lights. However I’m looking for a light to be used mostly on rural roads. I don’t believe the Mopar light is street legal so I guess I’m looking for other options/suggestions. What other suggestions for a good driving lamp. I looked at KC HIlights 6” Pro-Sport Gravity LED lights but haven’t read much in feedback about them. Appreciate any feedback.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Mopar 7” lights are my favorite for auxiliary lights. However I’m looking for a light to be used mostly on rural roads. I don’t believe the Mopar light is street legal so I guess I’m looking for other options/suggestions. What other suggestions for a good driving lamp. I looked at KC HIlights 6” Pro-Sport Gravity LED lights but haven’t read much in feedback about them. Appreciate any feedback.
No off-road light is street legal.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
So the 7'' seem to be established as a good flood/driving light. What is the beam pattern for the 5''?
5" light is a good mid-range light, it won't have the same throw as the LED hi-beams. I got a good price on the 5" Mopar lights and use them in conjunction with the 7" lights however if you have to choose one or the other, get the 7" lights.

If you're really interested I could pull a video from my dash cam.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
How do you attach the 2 lights to 1 aux switch? I'll be doing this tomorrow.
Splice the 2 reds together & connect to your aux (butt connectors & heat shrink are better than sloppy electrical tape)… Attach both grounds to the grounding point in front of the battery; or splice them together for a single ground wire.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Splice the 2 reds together & connect to your aux (butt connectors & heat shrink are better than sloppy electrical tape)… Attach both grounds to the grounding point in front of the battery; or splice them together for a single ground wire.
Yep, I just learned about butt connectors. All good, thanks!!

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
5" light is a good mid-range light, it won't have the same throw as the LED hi-beams. I got a good price on the 5" Mopar lights and use them in conjunction with the 7" lights however if you have to choose one or the other, get the 7" lights.

Where did you pick up your Mopar Lights?

Sponsored

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

I went ahead and got both. Seems like they were meant to be used together anyway and I got a good deal. Did you wire them to the same aux switch or separate? I was trying to find the amperage for the lights but it doesn't seem to be published. Wasn't sure if it would be too much for a single 15 amp switch.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Where did you pick up your Mopar Lights?
I watch eBay and when the time is right + coupons you can purchase both 5" and 7" LEDs for a little more than what Quadratec wants for just the 7" light. As much as I like Quadratec, they're usually waaaayyyyyy overpriced. I paid a little over $800 for 5", 7", and mounting brackets.

I've noticed Amazon usually has a good price on these lights and brackets from time to time as well. I think both eBay and Amazon raises the price on items depending how much traffic it gets. If an item starts loosing traffic, it automatically starts decreasing the price.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Yep, I just learned about butt connectors. All good, thanks!!
Spend an extra 5-10 minutes and solder wires, butt and crimp connectors are horrible for "normal" gauge wires.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I went ahead and got both. Seems like they were meant to be used together anyway and I got a good deal. Did you wire them to the same aux switch or separate? I was trying to find the amperage for the lights but it doesn't seem to be published. Wasn't sure if it would be too much for a single 15 amp switch.
I bet you could run both sets off AUX 1 or AUX 2; those are 40 amp circuits and should be plenty. I have each set of lights on their own AUX switch (personal preference).
Sponsored