Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed a Mopar lift on a 3.0?
Sponsored

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
I'm having it installed on mine at the dealership when my Jeep arrives before driving it off the lot, but it's still a few weeks out in transit unfortunately.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I'm having it installed on mine at the dealership when my Jeep arrives before driving it off the lot, but it's still a few weeks out in transit unfortunately.
I installed gas 2" lift back last year since diesel type was not available. Now I will be swapping it for correct diesel one. It is sitting in my garage just waiting for warmer weather to install it. I will sell the the gas one I remove. I installed first one in front of my garage myself and will to this one as well. Not that big a job if you have all the tools.

Last edited:

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Do you have any concerns of a warranty void by doing it yourself?

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
Do you have any concerns of a warranty void by doing it yourself?
Not at all. Warranty for what? I would be more concern for someone in dealership installing it wrong like it was posted here. I do everything myself because I am a perfection freak.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
What tire size are you running? Did you have to purchase any additional parts like track bar, ect.?

Brofam

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc can Am
I am getting my eco diesel Sahara lifted with Mopar diesel lift kit Thursday and I was wondering about adding the Rock crawler correction pads. 35 tires going on.

WVrubicon

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Johnny,
What tire size are you running? Did you have to purchase any additional parts like track bar, ect.?
Tires - 35x12.5x17"

Short answer - no, the kit doesn't require anything additional.

Long answer - I should start by saying that this is a great kit and is intended to be used alone. Although the lift is advertised as 2", mine ended up being 3". This caused the front axle to shift left (1-1.5") and the rear axle right (.5"). With the stock 33" tires it was very noticeable but when I put 35x12.5" tires on it, the axles not being centered seemed less noticeable and the shop doing the alignment said it was straight and I didn't need adjustable track bars.

I had already purchased teraflex adjustable track bars (I am waiting for them to be delivered) for both the front and rear. I am going to install them because I am OCD and I know they are not straight (whether you can see it or not). For reference: A lot of people on here say that it is not an issue and doesn't have to be corrected which mirrors what the Jeep dealership doing the alignment said.

Besides the track bars, I noticed that the understeer (wandering) has increased with the lift and tires so I also ordered a Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. The understeer was an issue identified with the diesel being heavier and it was exacerbated by the lift and tires.

I haven't put the track bars or steering stabilized on yet but will give feedback when it gets here.

WVrubicon

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting my eco diesel Sahara lifted with Mopar diesel lift kit Thursday and I was wondering about adding the Rock crawler correction pads. 35 tires going on.
Not sure about those, but the lift comes with new lower pads for the front springs...

Sponsored

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
I just installed the MOPAR lift on mine last weekend. Was not too bad of a job. I also got about 3 inches out of mine, and it has not settled anymore as I measured it last night.

OP
OP
Johnny2018

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't install a lift yet, was asking questions about it, don't think I'm going with mopar. Want to keep it at 2" of a lift. On fence between Dynatrac or teraflex st1 1.5. Waiting to see more results of people with the Dynatrac on a 3.0 diesel.
Sponsored