Sponsored

Mopar 2" Lift Part Numbers

GCally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It looks like the Mopar JL 2" Lift has a new part number 77072395AD.
Does anyone know what they changed with the latest revision. The old part number ended in AC. I am getting ready to order a kit but dealers are saying Mopar will not ship the new AD part number until all the AC kits are sold.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
There is now a kit after the AD. Through AD the only change was spring perches. Not sure about the newest revision.

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
You can put this kit together yourself. For cheaper. Right around $1000. If you order the parts separately from one of the online Mopar parts places. Then just add Fox shocks from somewhere like Quadratec. I'd also suggest ordering your own spring perches for the front, like the ones from Rock Krawler.

Even ordering this way, and installing yourself, keeps even the Max Care extended service contract in place, except on the lift parts of course.

For example, I have all the parts listed below for a 4 door 3.6 engine, except for shocks and spring perches.

Springs

LF - 68414065AA - 30

RF - 68414067AA - 30

LR - 68414066AA - 30

RR - 68414068AA - 30

Control Arms

68322798aa - 30x2 60

Front Sway

68306981AA - 22x2 45

Rear Sway

68306982AA - 32x2 63

Front bumpstop

68323933AA - 14x2 28

Rear bumpstop

68316587AA - 17x2 34

***Disclaimer, I went with a full RK lift this timel but did investigate this option.***

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You can put this kit together yourself. For cheaper. Right around $1000. If you order the parts separately from one of the online Mopar parts places. Then just add Fox shocks from somewhere like Quadratec. I'd also suggest ordering your own spring perches for the front, like the ones from Rock Krawler.

Even ordering this way, and installing yourself, keeps even the Max Care extended service contract in place, except on the lift parts of course.

For example, I have all the parts listed below for a 4 door 3.6 engine, except for shocks and spring perches.

Springs

LF - 68414065AA - 30

RF - 68414067AA - 30

LR - 68414066AA - 30

RR - 68414068AA - 30

Control Arms

68322798aa - 30x2 60

Front Sway

68306981AA - 22x2 45

Rear Sway

68306982AA - 32x2 63

Front bumpstop

68323933AA - 14x2 28

Rear bumpstop

68316587AA - 17x2 34

***Disclaimer, I went with a full RK lift this timel but did investigate this option.***
The only problem with buying everything separately is you can’t purchase the fox 2.5 shocks separate from the kit. Unless it’s changed recently, you can only get those shocks with the kits.

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
The only problem with buying everything separately is you can’t purchase the fox 2.5 shocks separate from the kit. Unless it’s changed recently, you can only get those shocks with the kits.
That is correct, you cannot get those specific shocks. I mentioned you could get Fox shocks from Quadratec though. They don't say "Jeep" on them. But will still go with the lift.

On a previous Jeep I did this route, but with a different, cheaper brand of shocks. It still worked out great, and kept cost down.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
That is correct, you cannot get those specific shocks. I mentioned you could get Fox shocks from Quadratec though. They don't say "Jeep" on them. But will still go with the lift.
You can now order the Fox shocks from the kit, however they are expensive. To order them separately costs almost as much as the kit.

Problem with ordering standard Fox shocks is that they are 2.0 not 2.5. Also the Mopar version are tuned specifically to the kit springs.

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
You can now order the Fox shocks from the kit, however they are expensive. To order them separately costs almost as much as the kit.

Problem with ordering standard Fox shocks is that they are 2.0 not 2.5. Also the Mopar version are tuned specifically to the kit springs.

Naturally, you are correct.

My personal opinion on the Mopar lift, at the retail price, not worth it. There are better lifts, with better caster correction at that price point. At a discount price, say $1100-$1200. Sure.

OP
OP

GCally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The main part of the Mopar kit I am after is the 2.5 Fox shocks.
If you compare the Mopar kit to other kits it is a really good deal. You can get the Mopar kit for $1100 shipped

I was also looking at the JKS kit but once you add the 2.0 fox shocks and control arm brackets you are at $1,850. That gives you an extra $750 to buy the extra components that the Mopar kit is lacking. Not to mention the bonus of having the massive Fox 2.5 shocks.

OP
OP

GCally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
There is now a kit after the AD. Through AD the only change was spring perches. Not sure about the newest revision.
When I was talking to one of the places that sells a lot of these kits they said Mopar is only shipping the AC kits. He tried to order a couple AD kits and Mopar would not ship them until all of the AC kits were sold. He did not know what Mopar changed from the AC to AD kit.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
When I was talking to one of the places that sells a lot of these kits they said Mopar is only shipping the AC kits. He tried to order a couple AD kits and Mopar would not ship them until all of the AC kits were sold. He did not know what Mopar changed from the AC to AD kit.

Correct, the AD kit is the latest version and just superseded the AC version...I just received mine (2-door, 77072396AD) today and will post what differences I see when I open the kit tomorrow-however it will not be installed until Monday. No one seems to be sure what the changes are-could be nothing more than a part being supplied by a different vendor. The full part number listed online is 77072396AD_FS, however the Mopar label on the box just reads 77072396AD. I have heard the 'FS' just means free shipping and may be the reason for the higher online retail price...

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Correct, the AD kit is the latest version and just superseded the AC version...I just received mine (2-door, 77072396AD) today and will post what differences I see when I open the kit tomorrow-however it will not be installed until Monday. No one seems to be sure what the changes are-could be nothing more than a part being supplied by a different vendor. The full part number listed online is 77072396AD_FS, however the Mopar label on the box just reads 77072396AD. I have heard the 'FS' just means free shipping and may be the reason for the higher online retail price...
Ah, FS that is where I got that there was one after AD.

OP
OP

GCally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks! I am holding off ordering the AC kit until you report back.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Thanks! I am holding off ordering the AC kit until you report back.
The ac kit is just fine. Just order the rock krawler front spring perches for $30 and you’re good to go. More than likely not worth paying extra for what is probably just different front spring perches you shouldn’t use anyways.
I added adjustable front track bar and rear track bar bracket just for peace of mind. $200 bucks for both.
I didn’t install the lift without the track bar changes so I don’t know how far off the axles would have been.

OP
OP

GCally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The ac kit is just fine. Just order the rock krawler front spring perches for $30 and you’re good to go. More than likely not worth paying extra for what is probably just different front spring perches you shouldn’t use anyways.
I added adjustable front track bar and rear track bar bracket just for peace of mind. $200 bucks for both.
I didn’t install the lift without the track bar changes so I don’t know how far off the axles would have been.
What rear bracket did you use?
Sponsored