donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
After reading that the bowing springs issue was fixed, AND that they're using 2.5" Fox Shocks, I went ahead and ordered through my dealer. They have it (77072395AE) in stock and I should get a call to bring it in to get it installed next week. I added a Fox Steering Damper to the kit as well.

Now, after reading this thread, I need to get an Adjustable Track Bar, sounds right. Any suggestions?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen some threads before but I can never find someone who is in my situation.
I have a 2 door JL sport s, exactly stock, nothing added.
Just bought this Mopar 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks and having some buyers regret, after seeing some spring bend and rubbing issues on here, due to the track bar not being adjustable.

My question: For off-roading will I need to buy an adjustable track bar in order to make this specific lift kit work and actually feel the benefit or will I be okay as is. Have I bought a faulty lift kit?
You can run it happily as-is. But the track bar isn't a bad idea, if you are OCD about axles being perfectly centered.

I'm sure the new Mopar kits have been improved over mine. I had one of the first Mopar kits back in early 2018. My front springs bowed, especially the driver side. But it never rubbed anything. I took it in anyway and they put revised spring pads on and it still bowed. But no problem with rubbing. Just to give a little more clearance to the jounce bumper, I put Rock Krawler correction pads on the front and it improved it greatly. But a little bowing is really no problem. Go to Moab at the heavily modified Jeeps and you'll see bowing everywhere.

I added a Rancho adjustable track bar up front and centered up the front axle, to satisfy my OCD. I then bought a Rough Country rear to make the rear perfect, even though it was close. The nice thing about the RC is that it can be adjusted much easier, without taking it off. If I had it to do over again, I'd have done it in the front instead of the Rancho. But that Rancho probably has better bushings.

As for the lift itself, I wouldn't trade it for any other. It has the best ride on and off that I've driven or ridden in. I've been to Moab twice and it handles everything you can throw at it. The Fox shocks are amazing, IMHO.

My brother put the Mopar on his 2020 Gladiator Rubi and RK spring pads and it came out perfectly. That's all he did. No track bars. It's fine and he doesn't notice at all or care that his front axle is very slightly off center. In fact, I noticed that less on his than on mine.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You can run it happily as-is. But the track bar isn't a bad idea, if you are OCD about axles being perfectly centered.

I'm sure the new Mopar kits have been improved over mine. I had one of the first Mopar kits back in early 2018. My front springs bowed, especially the driver side. But it never rubbed anything. I took it in anyway and they put revised spring pads on and it still bowed. But no problem with rubbing. Just to give a little more clearance to the jounce bumper, I put Rock Krawler correction pads on the front and it improved it greatly. But a little bowing is really no problem. Go to Moab at the heavily modified Jeeps and you'll see bowing everywhere.

I added a Rancho adjustable track bar up front and centered up the front axle, to satisfy my OCD. I then bought a Rough Country rear to make the rear perfect, even though it was close. The nice thing about the RC is that it can be adjusted much easier, without taking it off. If I had it to do over again, I'd have done it in the front instead of the Rancho. But that Rancho probably has better bushings.

As for the lift itself, I wouldn't trade it for any other. It has the best ride on and off that I've driven or ridden in. I've been to Moab twice and it handles everything you can throw at it. The Fox shocks are amazing, IMHO.

My brother put the Mopar on his 2020 Gladiator Rubi and RK spring pads and it came out perfectly. That's all he did. No track bars. It's fine and he doesn't notice at all or care that his front axle is very slightly off center. In fact, I noticed that less on his than on mine.
Just FYI, my Mopar lift is a little under 1/2 inch off center. That is pretty good for a Mopar lift I hear. If I was heavy off-road use I might center it. No spring bowing what so ever. Mopar have engineered their lifts better. This is my part number too. (77072395AE) 2.0 Turbo

Comanche73

First Name
Dekin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Does anyone here have any issues with needing to increase the caster after the lift is installed? I have a 2020 Rubi Recon. I've been told (and also noticed someone mention it in this thread) that increasing caster will help with tracking on the highway (at higher speeds). I have my lift ordered and want to know if I should go ahead and order longer/adjustable front lower control arms as well. I will also be going from 33 to 35's at some point as well.

I drive my Rubi from FL to NC (to my cabin) all the time. I love it when I'm up at the cabin and in the mountains, but that highway trip in between is brutal LOL.

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I would just add that replacing the stock track bar with a quality solid adjustable will benefit you more than centering the axles. It will tighten up the front end and steering.

The stock bar is not very robust, even in a Rubicon. I highly suggest it, especially with a lift.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
If you're replacing the track bar, go ahead and add (1) a bolt-on track bar reinforcement bracket and (2) grade-8 bolts.

The front track bar is the lodestone for the entire front suspension, as well as the origin of most death wobble. You want it to be as solid as possible.

Also, make sure it's torqued to spec.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone here have any issues with needing to increase the caster after the lift is installed? I have a 2020 Rubi Recon. I've been told (and also noticed someone mention it in this thread) that increasing caster will help with tracking on the highway (at higher speeds). I have my lift ordered and want to know if I should go ahead and order longer/adjustable front lower control arms as well. I will also be going from 33 to 35's at some point as well.

I drive my Rubi from FL to NC (to my cabin) all the time. I love it when I'm up at the cabin and in the mountains, but that highway trip in between is brutal LOL.
After the Jeep dealer installed the Mopar lift, I took my Sahara to my independent shop to install a Yeti adjustable trackbar and get an alignment. He did increase the caster to help the Jeep to track more straight.

I love how the Mopar lift rides on-road and articulates off-road, but I’m not 100% happy with how the steering feels on-road. It could be the big 35x12.5 tires. I ordered a Fox steering stabilizer; hope it helps.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
After the Jeep dealer installed the Mopar lift, I took my Sahara to my independent shop to install a Yeti adjustable trackbar and get an alignment. He did increase the caster to help the Jeep to track more straight.

I love how the Mopar lift rides on-road and articulates off-road, but I’m not 100% happy with how the steering feels on-road. It could be the big 35x12.5 tires. I ordered a Fox steering stabilizer; hope it helps.
How did he adjust caster? Did you also install adjustable control arms?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
How did he adjust caster? Did you also install adjustable control arms?
I should clarify: he adjusted the alignment. I’d have to look up exactly what he did. He did say, though, that he adjusted the alignment precisely to track better on-road.

The Mopar lift includes longer control arms.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks for 2021 Wrangler JL 1628527324903

Sponsored

Comanche73

First Name
Dekin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're replacing the track bar, go ahead and add (1) a bolt-on track bar reinforcement bracket and (2) grade-8 bolts.

The front track bar is the lodestone for the entire front suspension, as well as the origin of most death wobble. You want it to be as solid as possible.

Also, make sure it's torqued to spec.
Thanks for that. Would you happen to be able to make any bolt-on track bar reinforcement suggestions? And where I might buy those Grade 8 bolts (Amazon maybe)?

Last edited:

Comanche73

First Name
Dekin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would just add that replacing the stock track bar with a quality solid adjustable will benefit you more than centering the axles. It will tighten up the front end and steering.

The stock bar is not very robust, even in a Rubicon. I highly suggest it, especially with a lift.
Thanks… My Steersmarts Yeti adjustable front track bar is ordered!

I also noticed someone post that the rear is a nice to have but not as necessary as the front one. Is that correct?

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
I have the Mopar 2" lift which was installed from my dealer. I love it. I also have a Yeti XD Drag Link with Griffin attenuator installed as I thought it would help absorb some short from the roads I drive on. I drive on crappy NY roads and sometimes there are speedbump type bumps that will basically make my Jeep hop, which will give me a very very slight wobble. Will a Yeti XD front Trackbar tighten things up? How do I measure how off center my front axle is? I don't mean to threadjack, I 100% the Mopar lift and would definitely get it again if I were going to do a new build.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks for 2021 Wrangler JL IMG_3019

Tmarshallg78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Does anyone know the differences between the diesel kit vs the 4xe kit? The reason I ask is because the I found a 4xe kit in stock vs the diesel kit being out around 6 weeks. Thanks in advance

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks… My Steersmarts Yeti adjustable front track bar is ordered!

I also noticed someone post that the rear is a nice to have but not as necessary as the front one. Is that correct?
You could get away with a TB relocation bracket but new adjustable TB firms things up.

here is good write up from one of the members on here that has touched/installed a ton of these lifts.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/crystal-rubi-build.61821/page-7#post-1454124
Sponsored