Mopar 2" lift kit for 2019 JL 4-door 3.6L

bharms28

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler 4 Door Ocean Blue Metallic
Looking to possibly purchase a Mopar 2" lift kit for my 2019 4-door JL 3.6L and does anyone know the difference between the 77072395AD-FS (which seems to be the newest version) and the 77072395AC? Are there newer parts/pieces or improved quality? The AD-FS is only sold on certain sites for about $1,500, but I can find the AC/AB versions for about $1,000 on ebay and other online stores, and just wondering if the AD-FS is worth the extra $500?

Also, do you really need an adjustable track bar or steering stabilizer if you put in this kit? I'd rather do it all at once if I really need to.

Thanks for any info!
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
On each new version of the kit, the only change has been the spring perches. I'm not sure if this is the case on the AD-FS. I haven't seen that version yet.

The previous versions are fine, just ditch the spring perches that come with the kit and buy a set of Rock Krawler. They are much better.

I would strongly suggest an adjustable front track bar. Your axle will be off center without it.

I also added geometry brackets in addition to the longer arms that came with the kit. They lower the angles of the arms and allow for more caster. Some people have added adjustable arms, which is also an option.

Steering stabilizer is up to you. Not a requirement.

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I literally just walked in the door after installing the RockKrawler spring perches and Rough Country adjustable front and rear tack bars to my Mopar Lifted JL. I’ve had the RockKrawler perches on my shelf for a year and just haven’t gotten around to it. Finally made it and the track bars a priority as I’m stepping up to 37’s in a few days and wanted the JL to be perfect. This is how Mopar should have supplied their lift! My axles are both within 1/16” of center and the springs don’t have near the bow that they used to have.

Don’t even bother with the Mopar spring perches. They suck. Bad. Like super bad.

AED08045-EB83-4D3F-9A66-94744785CA38.jpeg

76636533-929A-445C-94EB-4332CEC1B8B2.jpeg

BBCB2541-A3F4-42C1-9EC0-C280A33C9EC7.jpeg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Looking to possibly purchase a Mopar 2" lift kit for my 2019 4-door JL 3.6L and does anyone know the difference between the 77072395AD-FS (which seems to be the newest version) and the 77072395AC? Are there newer parts/pieces or improved quality? The AD-FS is only sold on certain sites for about $1,500, but I can find the AC/AB versions for about $1,000 on ebay and other online stores, and just wondering if the AD-FS is worth the extra $500?

Also, do you really need an adjustable track bar or steering stabilizer if you put in this kit? I'd rather do it all at once if I really need to.

Thanks for any info!
Just a guess.......

does FS stand for “Fox Shocks”? The $1500 kit at quadratec comes with Fox Shocks.

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just a guess.......

does FS stand for “Fox Shocks”? The $1500 kit at quadratec comes with Fox Shocks.
They all have Fox Shocks. Not sure why the new PN# would add the -fs ?!?

As far as I know the only changes have been the lower isolater. Absolutely do the RK isolators and problem solved.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bharms28

bharms28

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On each new version of the kit, the only change has been the spring perches. I'm not sure if this is the case on the AD-FS. I haven't seen that version yet.

The previous versions are fine, just ditch the spring perches that come with the kit and buy a set of Rock Krawler. They are much better.

I would strongly suggest an adjustable front track bar. Your axle will be off center without it.

I also added geometry brackets in addition to the longer arms that came with the kit. They lower the angles of the arms and allow for more caster. Some people have added adjustable arms, which is also an option.

Steering stabilizer is up to you. Not a requirement.
They all have Fox Shocks. Not sure why the new PN# would add the -fs ?!?

As far as I know the only changes have been the lower isolater. Absolutely do the RK isolators and problem solved.
Thanks for the all the info!...maybe the fs does mean Fox Shocks?..that's a great guess. I just pulled the part number from Mopar

OP
OP
bharms28

bharms28

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I literally just walked in the door after installing the RockKrawler spring perches and Rough Country adjustable front and rear tack bars to my Mopar Lifted JL. I’ve had the RockKrawler perches on my shelf for a year and just haven’t gotten around to it. Finally made it and the track bars a priority as I’m stepping up to 37’s in a few days and wanted the JL to be perfect. This is how Mopar should have supplied their lift! My axles are both within 1/16” of center and the springs don’t have near the bow that they used to have.

Don’t even bother with the Mopar spring perches. They suck. Bad. Like super bad.

AED08045-EB83-4D3F-9A66-94744785CA38.jpeg

76636533-929A-445C-94EB-4332CEC1B8B2.jpeg

BBCB2541-A3F4-42C1-9EC0-C280A33C9EC7.jpeg
Thanks for all the info and pics. Definitely what others said about spring perches. Will want to order some RockKrawler ones

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Just a heads up that if you can't get your hands on aftermarket spring isolators and you pull the trigger on an older Mopar kit, you can pick the revised Mopar ones that resolve the spring issue at any dealership for around $15.

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
The RockKrawler spring perches are great! I did an adjustable track bar up front and the MetalCloak relocation bracket in the back no drilling required and axles are centered up. By any chance has anyone done geometry correction brackets up front?

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Buy the lift kit from ebay (which is what I did). Like everyone else said, all versions are the same except the spring perches. I got the RockKrawler ones and Rough Country adjustable track bar. No complaints.

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
An awesome alternative to the mopar lift is the Dynatrac 2”lift, I’ve been running it for over a year and have not had any issues.

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Lol sorry also ment to ask which ones? I've seen a few different ones out there.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Lol sorry also ment to ask which ones? I've seen a few different ones out there.
I've used both the Rubicon Express brackets and the Rancho brackets. Either brand works great.

Between the longer control arms included with the kit, and the brackets set to the middle hole, I ended up with 6.8° of caster. Big improvement over stock.

OP
OP
bharms28

bharms28

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the info and pics. Definitely what others said about spring perches. Will want to order some RockKrawler ones
Is this the track bar that you got?...even though it says 2.5"-6"?, and lift is only 2" (but everyone says you get about 3" of lift)
Also, can you send me any specs on the exact spring perch you got, or a pic from a website so I get the correct item? I'm all new to this suspension stuff and have never done any before as I just got a Jeep.
thanks for any help!
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2" lift kit for 2019 JL 4-door 3.6L {filename}
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2" lift kit for 2019 JL 4-door 3.6L {filename}
(3)

Rough Country Forged Front Adjustable Track Bar for 2.5-6 in. Lift(18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL)$139.95
Sponsored