Sponsored

MOPAR 2" Lift (initial review) - AWESOME!!!

Blackwing 55

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR , 05 5.9 Dodge , 2014 Goldwing
And yet, the world wants to know how much your springs bow. :movember:
No spring bow issues , installed my 2" Mopar lift three months and over 5,000 miles ago. Its been to the Colorado Rockys and recently spent a week in Moab. My understanding is there was a problem with the early lower spring collars that caused excessive bowing. They look good, ride good and work good, no worries !

DSCN1159.JPG

DSCN1111.JPG
Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I have had no problems with my Mopar lift so far. I did notice the front wheels measure 3/4 inches out on the driver side compared to passenger side. From what I have read, this means the stock track bar should be replaced. I have started looking into track bar brands, do any of you have brands you favor?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I have had no problems with my Mopar lift so far. I did notice the front wheels measure 3/4 inches out on the driver side compared to passenger side. From what I have read, this means the stock track bar should be replaced. I have started looking into track bar brands, do any of you have brands you favor?
Metalcloak for their patented bushings, but that's just my opinion.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Metalcloak for their patented bushings, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks for the quick reply. I decided to call Metal Cloak and talk to them about my situation. They were very informative over the phone, and offered me free shipping and a percentage discount, so I ordered the front track bar over the phone.

Sponsored

mskillen

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Rubicon Punkn
I've been looking at this thread for a while now, and just my observation.
To me it looks like the pitch on the spring pads is too much.
If you look at the mopar pads with the spring sitting in them, the inside of the pad is too high.
It looks like it is introducing a pitch to the spring.
The pictures with the Rockkrawler pads has less pitch so less spring bow.
So what I'm getting at is the side toward the center if the axle is to high acting like a wedge under it.
I would think the the spring should sit straight and level on the pad, if not your going to get a bow.
Just like putting a wedge under it.
Hopefully that makes sense, I have never had a lift with springs that bow.
I would like to see a pad with a spring sitting on top of it not on a jeep to see if its level.
I would think a correct pad with a adjustable track bar would make this go away.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I've been looking at this thread for a while now, and just my observation.
To me it looks like the pitch on the spring pads is too much.
If you look at the mopar pads with the spring sitting in them, the inside of the pad is too high.
It looks like it is introducing a pitch to the spring.
The pictures with the Rockkrawler pads has less pitch so less spring bow.
So what I'm getting at is the side toward the center if the axle is to high acting like a wedge under it.
I would think the the spring should sit straight and level on the pad, if not your going to get a bow.
Just like putting a wedge under it.
Hopefully that makes sense, I have never had a lift with springs that bow.
I would like to see a pad with a spring sitting on top of it not on a jeep to see if its level.
I would think a correct pad with a adjustable track bar would make this go away.
Mopar screwed up and tried to cover it up by saying the bow is supposed to be there, they later retracted that comment. I personally got the updated isolator from Mopar because I have the Mopar 2” lift and it still did not fix the problem. I went to Rockcrawler got there isolators, his fixed the problem 100%, my springs are straight as an arrow.

OP
OP
Back In Black Rubi

Back In Black Rubi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Yeti/steer smart
Yeti makes great products - ran their full set-up on my JK and I unfortunately hit off many of rocks and I can attest to their strength.
Ended up following suit on this JL - made a big difference in my rig. Drove it for a couple of weeks without the stabilizer installed.

Sponsored

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have the 2" Mopar Kit on my 2019 Mojito JLU Rubicon with 37" tires and only 2100 miles on it and I already have it the shop to get different coil springs, I would avoid this kit. I had the front driver side coil spring rub on my bump stop along with my rear passenger side coil spring started to rub grind on the upper bracket. Look at pictures to see what I am talking about

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 2" Mopar Kit on my 2019 Mojito JLU Rubicon with 37" tires and only 2100 miles on it and I already have it the shop to get different coil springs, I would avoid this kit. I had the front driver side coil spring rub on my bump stop along with my rear passenger side coil spring started to rub grind on the upper bracket. Look at pictures to see what I am talking about

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg
OK I’m a little familiar with the 2 inch Mopar left and that spring was not put in correctly that’s why it’s over to the right first of all. Secondly, the isolators that come with the Mopar kit still are incorrect and you have to go with Rockcrawler isolators and it will fix your problem 100%. Somebody else has already mentioned that as well that is the fix.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
OK I’m a little familiar with the 2 inch Mopar left and that spring was not put in correctly that’s why it’s over to the right first of all. Secondly, the isolators that come with the Mopar kit still are incorrect and you have to go with Rockcrawler isolators and it will fix your problem 100%. Somebody else has already mentioned that as well that is the fix.
I was going to say the same thing about the upper isolator. I would add though that you shouldn't need the RK (or rancho) spring pads to eliminate the rubbing. There just to straighten them out the rest of the way, springs shouldn't rub on anything when seated properly.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 20k miles on the Mopar kit now, including a trip to Moab and Colorado, and other off-roading. Mine was an early kit and had the excessive bow on the driver side spring but was corrected with the Mopar updated pads. There have been no issues since and it performs really well on and off the road. I'd agree that your spring isn't mounted correctly. I'd also double check that you didn't get a leftover kit with the older pads.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to say the same thing about the upper isolator. I would add though that you shouldn't need the RK (or rancho) spring pads to eliminate the rubbing. There just to straighten them out the rest of the way, springs shouldn't rub on anything when seated properly.
You’re correct. However, the reason why the rubbing is because they’re so bowed and they obviously slipped off the upper isolator so by putting Rockcrawler isolators on the bottom the spring will now become straight and he will not have that issue. Mine were both at first as well but never hit the upper metal, just rubbing on my bum stop. They replace both of my springs as well and when they did that I gave them the right color isolators and told them not to put in the Mopar ones there no problem doing that.
Sponsored