Sponsored

MOPAR 2" Lift (initial review) - AWESOME!!!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That video is made up bs to try to make it sound like the springs are supposed to bow.
This has been beaten to death, but here goes, one more time....Actually, many lifts on JKs have springs that bow. It is more normal than you think. I prefer the softer ride that comes with the Mopar lift. Mine bows, and after 10k miles with it, it works fine. It didn't rub even before the new perch was installed, although it was close. The new perch still allows for a bow, but with more space between the spring and bump stop. It rides exceptionally well both on and off road.

If it bothers you, you can get aftermarket spring perches, or there are now plenty of aftermarket lifts. I haven't driven them, so I can't say how they ride. I can only say that I'd buy the Mopar lift again, if I had to do it over. I'm 100% thrilled with its performance in all conditions. The Fox shocks are an outstanding match for it, too.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Can you do us all a favor bud, since you seem to know more than all those fancy titled engineers(which im quite sure are all one coil short of a full lift if you know what I mean)..but anyway, can you please go down there and tell Mopar and its entire corporation that they are full of bull poops and show all those MIT graduating clowns(obviously) how a real craftsman and engineer(like yourself) is supposed to do things because apparently they all lack the intelligence to correct the coil problem(stated by all the physicists here on this thread) and second continue to manufacture and sell a product that could potentially malfunction while driving or off roading and potentially create a life threatening accident or situation. Actually, I'm going to plasti-dip my coils this weekend and see if that straightens them out. I also heard plasti-dipping the sway bar disconnect button(this operation can only be done on a thursday afternoon in order for it to have full effect however)may also correct the coil bowing issue. Anyway, gotta run..but please somebody must get down there and do something about this!!!!
WTF???:facepalm:

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Who on here actually installed the mopar 2 inch lift themselves and who had a dealer do it? I wonder if a dealer will warranty a lift if a person installs themselves or has a shop do it?
I installed myself. Also installed my buddy's lift. Not that difficult.

Sponsored

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but are the Mopar kits now shipping with the updated perches, or do those need to be ordered separately?

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but are the Mopar kits now shipping with the updated perches, or do those need to be ordered separately?
Their updated.
Their updated.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my 2 door Mopar lift yesterday, will be installing after I see how this track bar weld issue shakes out because I am on the list to be inspected.

Jarod129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JKU
Here is my 2018 JLU dealer installed 2” Mopar lift with 1800 miles. Both passenger and driver side bow. Wheels are straight. They bowed before I installed the bumper and winch. I haven’t been back to the dealership to see what they say. I’m debating installing the Rock Krawler correction pads and front track bar myself to see if there is any improvement. Just wanted to share my experience so far.

9E624B29-1C7A-4914-92B0-142659131AFE.jpeg

E75AD04F-5614-4441-910D-5FE4183FC0DE.jpeg

A1900D19-CC8E-4B1B-8D6F-73CD2CE94172.jpeg

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Here is my 2018 JLU dealer installed 2” Mopar lift with 1800 miles. Both passenger and driver side bow. Wheels are straight. They bowed before I installed the bumper and winch. I haven’t been back to the dealership to see what they say. I’m debating installing the Rock Krawler correction pads and front track bar myself to see if there is any improvement. Just wanted to share my experience so far.

9E624B29-1C7A-4914-92B0-142659131AFE.jpeg

E75AD04F-5614-4441-910D-5FE4183FC0DE.jpeg

A1900D19-CC8E-4B1B-8D6F-73CD2CE94172.jpeg
when was this installed? some folks have said the perches were updated with the kit now...?

Sponsored

Jarod129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JKU
when was this installed? some folks have said the perches were updated with the kit now...?
I bought the Jeep Sept 23 with the dealer installed lift. Maybe the parts department has some older kits. They have a custom shop and had several of the Mopar 2” lifts installed on their lot inventory. I went ahead and ordered the RK track bar and spring correction pads, hoping this will help.

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I went ahead and ordered the RK track bar and spring correction pads, hoping this will help.
Beautiful Jeep. Just like mine. What bumper is that? You'll be pleased with RK. I had RK spring correction pads, both track bars, front LCAs, and rear UCAs replaced and now it's like a new Jeep.

Jarod129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JKU
Beautiful Jeep. Just like mine. What bumper is that? You'll be pleased with RK. I had RK spring correction pads, both track bars, front LCAs, and rear UCAs replaced and now it's like a new Jeep.
Thanks, the front track bar and correction pads just showed up. I might go ahead and order the rear track bar before I install the front. Had I known the 2” Mopar lift needed additional parts to get it right, I would had the dealer install a Metalcloak lift. I didn’t do any research on the JLU Mopar 2” lift. It don’t seem right that the springs bow like they do. The handling seems a little off at times too, wondering if the springs have anything to do wirh that. I had a Metalcloak lift on my 15 JKU Rubicon and it handled nicely on and off road. The JL seems like it floats around a lot.

The bumper is a ICI Magnum RT stubby. Found it in stock at Extreme Terrain and ordered it. It’s made here in the US. Bolted up with no problem. I did run into a problem with the fog light mounts. The bumper comes with brackets for the stock OEM fog lights and brackets for aftermarket. I wanted to keep my OEM fog lights. Went to install them and found the brackets seem to be manufactured for a left and right. The OEM fog lights are identical, there is no left and right. I called ICI. They manufactured and sent me the correct bracket which solved the problem. I ended up ordering aftermarket LEDs just to keep the installation moving. They mounted up to the other set of brackets that came wirh the bumper. The brackets bolt to the bumper with one bolt. It’s not as solid as I would like it to be. I’m curious while I’m driving down the road If the fog lights will shake. I haven’t had time to see how stable they are while driving. Next was the winch. I went with a Warn Zeon 10. It fits in the bumper but hits on the front inside of the bumper and on the back side it sat against the grill. It bolted up, but I didn’t care for having no clearance and rubbing on things. I corrected this by ordering 1/2” spacers from ACE Engineering. This moved the winch up high enough to clear everything. Overall the bumper seems built well. I’m curious to see how the finish holds up. I paid $837 for the bumper. I’m hoping it’s going to be worth the money. Next I’ll order the rear bumper from ICI so they will match.

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thanks, the front track bar and correction pads just showed up. I might go ahead and order the rear track bar before I install the front. Had I known the 2” Mopar lift needed additional parts to get it right, I would had the dealer install a Metalcloak lift. I didn’t do any research on the JLU Mopar 2” lift. It don’t seem right that the springs bow like they do. The handling seems a little off at times too, wondering if the springs have anything to do wirh that. I had a Metalcloak lift on my 15 JKU Rubicon and it handled nicely on and off road. The JL seems like it floats around a lot.
Yup I was a complete newbie when I requested the Mopar lift from the dealership custom shop. I thought keeping everything I could Mopar would be nice. When I drove it home on the highway after picking it up, I was generally scared white knuckle 10-2 experience where a bump sent me almost over to the next lane. I called the shop en-route and the sales guy assured me that I'd get used to it. Even though I'm a complete newbie with Jeeps, I knew something was wrong. He eventually offered to put on a aftermarket cheap shit dual steering stabilizer and I fell for it.

I finally found a shop that has experience with JLs and not just a lift factory like the dealership shop was. He drove it before he worked on it and then recommended replacing 4 control arms, both track bars, correction pads, and a new steering stabilizer. Now, it drives like a dream!

So now I'm disgusted with the Mopar lift and I approached RK and my new shop about replacing the rest of the Mopar kit. RK responded and said that I should wait to replace the coils until I also replace the Mopar FOX shocks. They are short travel and I need long travel shocks with the RK coils. They also said for the rear, I should have started with the track bar relocation bracket for bugetary reasons before I replaced the track bar but I'm happy with the result. The Mopar fox shocks are built by fox but designed by Mopar so they aren't true fox shocks.

Funny story, a few days ago, my JL was in to the dealership shop to get a few minor things unrelated and when they delivered my JL back to me, the guy who delivered it was the tech who installed the lift and later on that crappy stabilizer. First words out of his mouth was "I noticed you replaced the control arms with RK, good choice!". He also said that he was against installing the crappy stabilizer but he had to. Moral of the story is, don't deal with the sales guy. Talk to the techs who do the work on what you actually need,

Jarod129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JKU
Yup I was a complete newbie when I requested the Mopar lift from the dealership custom shop. I thought keeping everything I could Mopar would be nice. When I drove it home on the highway after picking it up, I was generally scared white knuckle 10-2 experience where a bump sent me almost over to the next lane. I called the shop en-route and the sales guy assured me that I'd get used to it. Even though I'm a complete newbie with Jeeps, I knew something was wrong. He eventually offered to put on a aftermarket cheap shit dual steering stabilizer and I fell for it.

I finally found a shop that has experience with JLs and not just a lift factory like the dealership shop was. He drove it before he worked on it and then recommended replacing 4 control arms, both track bars, correction pads, and a new steering stabilizer. Now, it drives like a dream!

So now I'm disgusted with the Mopar lift and I approached RK and my new shop about replacing the rest of the Mopar kit. RK responded and said that I should wait to replace the coils until I also replace the Mopar FOX shocks. They are short travel and I need long travel shocks with the RK coils. They also said for the rear, I should have started with the track bar relocation bracket for bugetary reasons before I replaced the track bar but I'm happy with the result. The Mopar fox shocks are built by fox but designed by Mopar so they aren't true fox shocks.

Funny story, a few days ago, my JL was in to the dealership shop to get a few minor things unrelated and when they delivered my JL back to me, the guy who delivered it was the tech who installed the lift and later on that crappy stabilizer. First words out of his mouth was "I noticed you replaced the control arms with RK, good choice!". He also said that he was against installing the crappy stabilizer but he had to. Moral of the story is, don't deal with the sales guy. Talk to the techs who do the work on what you actually need,
Mine handles about how you’ve explained. I wish I could have remembered how my Rubicon handled. I don’t recall any handling issues. It flexed so much I had to replace the front driveshaft with an Adams driveshaft. That’s all I had to do after the lift install on that one.

Since I started with RK components, I’ll keep replacing the Mopar stuff with RK. It’s just sad the Mopar kits aren’t perfected any better than what they are for the cost. I know I paid for convenience being I was able to drive the Jeep off the lot lifted. From what I’ve read, even the Mopar 4” has weak points that have to be corrected with aftermarket parts. I’ll be doing exactly all that you’ve done until the Mopar lift is essentially replaced. I’ve even considered taking the Jeep to my local shop and seeing if they would take the whole lift in as trade towards another lift and install. I’m sure they could sell it to someone who wouldn’t care as much.

The sales guys sometimes have no idea. I already let mine know I wasn’t happy with the rear tire carrier. He bragged about how Mopar made the rear tire carrier brake light adjustable to accommodate the bigger spare tires. Problem is, don’t seem like they reinforced the hinges or anything on the gate to handle the extra weight. My tire drags on my rear bumper already when opening and closing the gate. I told my sales guy I plan on having that addressed when I come back for service. I at least want it documented so when it’s sagging to the point I can’t open or close the gate they will have to replace it under warranty.

Another thing I notice when installing the RK correction pads, the Mopar 2” lift flexed stretches the ABS sensor wiring and brake lines to their max. I don’t know how much flex the lift provides when actually off-roading. If its anything like I observed in the driveway, the ABS and brake lines are gonna be stretched beyond what they should be. This might be worse if running sway bar disconnects.

Here are the before and after photos with only installing the RK correction pads. I still need to install the track bar. What a improvement.

View attachment 101624

View attachment 101627

F433CEA0-5752-4935-A1CA-887673AF8280.jpeg

43F859E5-97AE-4A00-BEC8-5ABE363AF8B8.jpeg

925E8652-1A8D-4FA1-A6F7-5D1F3117A810.jpeg

View attachment 101632

05EDB0DD-F987-46C4-8658-20CC8E21ACAA.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0