Sponsored

MOPAR 2" Lift (initial review) - AWESOME!!!

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
No spring bow and using the Mopar front spring pads that came with the kit. I bought the RK front pads when I purchased the lift but not using them as the Mopar ones are mirror image and the passenger side pad is taller than the drivers side while RK uses the same pad for both sides. Still not sure what changes are in the AD kit.

A lot of the bowing, at least on later kits are due to improper installation, left and right front springs switched side to side (even if you follow Mopar instructions!) and not using an adjustable track bar if needed.
They will bow after a while. I've yet to see any not if you wheel the Jeep. My factory pads had started to collapse when I did my lift. The springs after a while seem to become too soft too.
Sponsored

Riles2078

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Anyone have a cost estimate for a 2 inch Mopar lift kit? Interested installing on my wife’s JK. Ordering a 2021 rubicon, but wanted to test out the ride quality before putting this on a daily driver.

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
Anyone have a cost estimate for a 2 inch Mopar lift kit? Interested installing on my wife’s JK. Ordering a 2021 rubicon, but wanted to test out the ride quality before putting this on a daily driver.
I drove a JK with the MOPAR lift and I have a JL with the MOPAR lift. It felt very different, but just as much the stock JK and the JK did

Riles2078

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Any thoughts for a daily driver with the lift? Don’t want anything too bouncy, but looks way better.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Any thoughts for a daily driver with the lift? Don’t want anything too bouncy, but looks way better.

I have a heavily modified Mopar lift with 35"KO2's on my Rubi 2-door and love it! By modified I mean I used the Mopar springs, spring perches, front and rear swaybar links and of course the Fox shocks. I also replaced all 8 control arms with Teraflex IR, front track bar, drag link and tie rod with Steer Smarts, Rancho trackbar & steering box support, Rancho rear trackbar with rear Teraflex trackbar relocation bracket, finished off with Fox 2.0 TS top mount steering stabilizer...

Originally I was just going to do the Mopar 2 inch lift, adjustable lower control arms and adjustable front trackbar...which probably would have been just fine!
I bought these basics before my JL was even built and as I waited and waited for her to arrive, I just kept buying her more and more goodies :)

Bottom line, if installed properly you should love it for a daily driver! I would however suggest at least an adjustable front trackbar and ideally a set of adjustable front lower control arms.

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Bob, Sean,

I have the standard Mopar 2" lift with Goodyear Duratrac 35x12.5x17s. Nothing special, no trackbar adjustments, control arm mods or anything else that didn't come with the kit itself. Included pics of all four springs to show that properly installed, they have no bow.

This is my daily driver and I off-road as often as I can. Which is nearly not enough.

I have no issues whatsoever. Rides great, looks great, I couldn't be happier.

While I'm certain you can spend as much as you want to make the overall suspension as theoretically perfect as your willing to modify, I'm very happy with the minimal setup. But, I'm no suspension purist or perfectionist. It rides like I want and it lets me go wherever I care to point.

Way better than stock. Way better...

Jay

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200605_180738

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200722_101247

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200605_180828

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200605_180803

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200531_093548

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200531_093617

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200531_093700

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200531_093759

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200605_180947

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200605_180916

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_20200605_180858

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2" Lift  (initial review) - AWESOME!!! IMG_7689

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Bob, Sean,

I have the standard Mopar 2" lift with Goodyear Duratrac 35x12.5x17s. Nothing special, no trackbar adjustments, control arm mods or anything else that didn't come with the kit itself. Included pics of all four springs to show that properly installed, they have no bow.

This is my daily driver and I off-road as often as I can. Which is nearly not enough.

I have no issues whatsoever. Rides great, looks great, I couldn't be happier.

While I'm certain you can spend as much as you want to make the overall suspension as theoretically perfect as your willing to modify, I'm very happy with the minimal setup. But, I'm no suspension purist or perfectionist. It rides like I want and it lets me go wherever I care to point.

Way better than stock. Way better...

Jay

Looks Awesome! I love white, my two color finalist were White and Bikini...Bikini won out this time :)

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know who makes the spring for the Mopar lift? I was told the lift is made by teraflex with fox shocks?

sherif JKU

First Name
sherif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Advice is needed from those whom used the new AC/AD versions of the lift and some multi use as daily driver with mild offroading ,
How is the lift after driving for +10k ? did it get softer ? any bowing for the updated versions
Is it true that we need front and rear adjustable track bars ? special with axle shifting to sides
did any one measure the shaft angle ? is it inclined -any vibration ?

i am just going back and forth between the mopar kit and the AEV kit but since adding 35 tires i see more clearance with the mopar kit given that my baby is sahara not rubicon ?

experts advice is much appreciated

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
When I plug 315/70/17 in the online calculator it comes back with 34.4" tire diameter. Are there difference in sizes between brands or are they all that much smaller than 35"?

Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
When I plug 315/70/17 in the online calculator it comes back with 34.4" tire diameter. Are there difference in sizes between brands or are they all that much smaller than 35"?
The 315/70/17 BFGs are not even 34.4". Sort of like two by fours. I can't speak for other brands.

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Advice is needed from those whom used the new AC/AD versions of the lift and some multi use as daily driver with mild offroading ,
How is the lift after driving for +10k ? did it get softer ? any bowing for the updated versions
Is it true that we need front and rear adjustable track bars ? special with axle shifting to sides
did any one measure the shaft angle ? is it inclined -any vibration ?

i am just going back and forth between the mopar kit and the AEV kit but since adding 35 tires i see more clearance with the mopar kit given that my baby is sahara not rubicon ?

experts advice is much appreciated
AC kit here:
- it either settled a little but or I got used to it, it’s hard to tell, but it feels fine
- no bowing, but I used the RK perches from the get go, the factory ones just look stupid thin
- trackbar, absolutely, RK is great for this too
- no vibrations as far as I can tell.
- I added the latest Jeep Performance Fox Steering Stabilizer and it’s nice

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
I read that revisions were made to the 2" Mopar lift kit to help with bowing. Does anyone know if there was a part # change to the revised kit?

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I read that revisions were made to the 2" Mopar lift kit to help with bowing. Does anyone know if there was a part # change to the revised kit?
the perches have changed for sure

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Found someone selling Mopar 2” Lift near me. Mopar Product # 7707 2396 AB -001

I own a 4 door Sahara Unlimited. Is there any way I can find out if this lift is compatible with my Jeep? Do they have different specific lifts for the 4 door vs. the 2 door?
Sponsored