Sponsored

MOPAR 2" Lift (initial review) - AWESOME!!!

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
You’re correct. However, the reason why the rubbing is because they’re so bowed and they obviously slipped off the upper isolator so by putting Rockcrawler isolators on the bottom the spring will now become straight and he will not have that issue. Mine were both at first as well but never hit the upper metal, just rubbing on my bum stop. They replace both of my springs as well and when they did that I gave them the right color isolators and told them not to put in the Mopar ones there no problem doing that.
Sorry, Siri wasn’t listening to me where it says color isolators, it should say rock crawler isolators
Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The springs are supposed to have a little bit of of curvature to them , that’s the way they are designed. I have Had my Mopar 2 inch lift on since last fall and I do have a small curvature but nothing like you have. I have all Mopar parts and have not had a problem at all with it.

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
Ive got to take mine in when I get back from vacation. I haven't had a chance to take it offroad yet. Less than four thousand miles on it and it looks like this.

20190616_112116.jpg

20190616_112135.jpg

Last edited:

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Ive got to take mine in when I get back from vacation. I haven't had a chance to take it offroad yet. Less than four thousand miles on it and it looks like this.

20190616_112116.jpg

20190616_112135.jpg
I don't know anything about your set up, but that left front picture, Is the washer on the lower end of the sway bar end link on there right?

Link washer.jpg

mrbtd

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
Does anyone have the updated MOPAR part numbers for the front lower isolators ? It seems this is the biggest component to correcting the sring bow. I ordered evereything by the instructions to order the components but it looks like the instructions were not updated for the isolators.

Or just order the RK ones ?

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Does anyone have the updated MOPAR part numbers for the front lower isolators ? It seems this is the biggest component to correcting the sring bow. I ordered evereything by the instructions to order the components but it looks like the instructions were not updated for the isolators.

Or just order the RK ones ?
I say spend the money on the RK pads (front and rear), they take all the guess-work out of it. The front pads are identical to each other (left and right), but the rear on side specific.

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
It didn't come with or say to put a washer
I don't know anything about your set up, but that left front picture, Is the washer on the lower end of the sway bar end link on there right?

Link washer.jpg
there.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
What are the correct part numbers for the updated coil correction isolators?

Are the Rock Krawler ones superior/do a better job?

KTDubs

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would share my thoughts with you folks on the kit... I have driven about 100 miles thus far (on-road), really really impressed!

The spring rate tuning , along with the Fox shock valving feels just like the stock Rubi. Trust me I'm fairly critical, I have run (2) AEV kits and ended up with a 4" Long Arm Teraflex kit with Falcon shocks on my old JK. This MOPAR kit is much nicer than all of those previous kits (on-road) IMHO. I hope I'm as impressed come Moab time this March. Worth noting - I live in Michigan and we are in "Pot Hole" season, so my evaluation is not on smooth roads. We have potholes this year that would completely ruin any ordinary sedan's entire front end, let alone blow out tires or break wheels.

Lastly I'm still running the stock 285 KO2, as my new tires needed a week to deliver - this enabled me to really focus on the lift without introducing another variable into the equation. Many times when we evaluate a kit, we confuse our evaluation because we added the new larger tire at the same time. Having worked for Continental/General tire for 5 years I realize how critical tires can be in the overall NVH of a vehicle - which is why I pulled the trigger on 315/70/17 'Load Range C' BFG KO2. Between the impressive MOPAR kit and the new KO2 (35"), this thing should be very similar to what Jeep engineered it from the get-go.

I'm selling my original Rubicon KO2 tires - anyone interested send me a PM

20180224_133521.jpg
I'm super glad I found this post. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Going with a Rubicon Express lift though. 2.5" I believe.
I've been torn between the 35" and 37". I like the look of the 37", but I feel like it's just going to be too much. I do a lot of driving.

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
The color difference could actually mean something. How can he compare plastic density or hardness just by looking.
I say bad call to not use the parts that were provided in the kit.

Id like to address something else, as a mechanic or technician for over 30 years specialized in one type of equipment, I would never call myself a "master" tech. My eyes roll Every time somebody uses that term.

Does anybody honestly think you can have a mastery of every diagnosis issue that is brought to you?

Hell, just today I had my ass kicked on a electrical issue I've never seen before. Saying master tech is like saying master doctor or master computer nerd. It's a field that is practiced your entire life as technologies evolve and systems change.
Show me a "master" tech and I'll show you a real live big foot.
My current job title is Master Network Engineer/Architect. Not what I told them I was but what my employer assigned to me based on my years of experience, certifications, and customer base. You can master things and still not know it all.

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm super glad I found this post. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Going with a Rubicon Express lift though. 2.5" I believe.
I've been torn between the 35" and 37". I like the look of the 37", but I feel like it's just going to be too much. I do a lot of driving.
Just like you I went back and forth a million times, to the point I ordered and canceled 37’s twice. I ended up ordering AEV Borah wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35, already shipped and to late to cancel. I am 100% confident I made the right decision based on my driving style and main use of the Jeep. What’s crazy though, is spending $4000 on wheels and tires for a jeep that hasn’t even been built yet, although I have an estimated ship date of 20 August. Now I’m having the same internal battle on what lift to go with. I really don’t want anymore than 2.5” of and I’ve heard the Mopar lift is it least 3” or more. Decisions, decisions lol

Chillyphil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Dodge Durango R/T | On order: JLU Rubicon
I have a new 2019 JLU Rubicon with dealership installed 37" tires with the Mopar 2" lift. I just noticed that the jeep is slightly tilted to the passenger side. When measuring from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender, the driver side is about 1/2" taller in the front and about 3/4" taller in the rear. I'm assuming this is not normal and there is an issue with the lift kit. Is this a serious issue or one that can easily be fixed? I'm mainly concerned about abnormal tire wear. It's under warranty and I plan to call the dealership but don't want to get the runaround. Any helpful advise is welcome! Thanks!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have a new 2019 JLU Rubicon with dealership installed 37" tires with the Mopar 2" lift. I just noticed that the jeep is slightly tilted to the passenger side. When measuring from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender, the driver side is about 1/2" taller in the front and about 3/4" taller in the rear. I'm assuming this is not normal and there is an issue with the lift kit. Is this a serious issue or one that can easily be fixed? I'm mainly concerned about abnormal tire wear. It's under warranty and I plan to call the dealership but don't want to get the runaround. Any helpful advise is welcome! Thanks!
Gas tank is on the passenger side so it sits a bit lower. Check to make certain springs were installed on proper sides for piece of mind.

Joe C

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon JKU
Vehicle Showcase

20190616_112135.jpg
Looks like the spring has slipped off the isolator on the bottom. (Or was never installed correctly) See the gap between the end of the spring and the plastic. Similar to this one:

Incorrect spring installation

F323714B-0E04-4A46-A1BB-B43251DA370D.png
The spring needs to be rotated around so there's no gap. This should help though may not fully fix the issue.

FYI, the JKS quick disconnects are installed correct, no washer required. The other poster is seeing the ring of the pin and thinking it's a washer.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Has anyone wheeled offroad with a relatively heavy camping/overlanding cargo load with this lift? Did it start bottoming out?
Sponsored