First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
This question is for all you engineering folks. Seems the Mopar 2" lift for the 2.0 engine and 2 door is delayed. But the 2" lift for a 3.6 2 door is available. From what I can find, the weights are very similar, within about 60 lbs.

How different could they really be? Would it be safe to run the 3.6 lift on the 2.0? Or is there an actual reason beyond my limited understanding why the 2.0 lift is that much different?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

doug_outlawoffroad

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU (Black)
I can tell you that some companies are doing the exact same lift for both models. The spring rate on the 2 door is pretty stiff from the factory and allowed for the same lift heights to be achieved using the "4 Door" kit. I have done this install on one brand in my shop and it worked just fine.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
From looking at the instructions, the only different between the 3.6 and 2.0 lift is the right front spring. The 2.0 uses the same spring for the front on both sides. All other part numbers are the same.

CapoArgentino

First Name
Capo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hey guys, new here.
I havea 2018 JLU Sahara and installed the Mopar 2 inch lift kit for the 2.0 on my 3.6. All is good and I did notice like jawest12 mentioned that the only difference is the right front spring. After the install all is great, no problems whatsoever so im not sure if Mopar decided to go with the same springs for the front due to cost savings of if there is a weight distribution difference up front between left and right 2.0 vs 3.6 but I am going to order the right front spring for the 3.6 just in case. Its only $30.
Sponsored