Sponsored

Mopar 2" Lift and Service Stability Control Messages

Gippeyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 F350, 2006 Wrangler Unlimited, 1972 Corvette
I installed the Mopar 2" lift last weekend on a 2019 JLUR, and on the test drive the "Service Stability Control" message came on. I checked to make sure that all connectors that were disconnected during the lift installation were re-connected. Made sure all fuses were seated firmly, and disconnected the top negative battery lead. The service message is still coming on when the Jeep is started, but otherwise drives fine. Anyone else have this happen after the Mopar lift installation?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do anything to steering, sometimes it will come on if you do anything to steering because the steering angle sensor isn’t reading properly, may need a relearn. They can do it for you at dealer.

OP
OP

Gippeyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you do anything to steering, sometimes it will come on if you do anything to steering because the steering angle sensor isn’t reading properly, may need a relearn. They can do it for you at dealer.
The steering wheel is off center after the lift install, so maybe that is the issue. I will be having the alignment done when the new tires are installed this Friday, and will have the alignment shop re-center the wheel.

Thanks for your response. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what I might have done wrong.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The steering wheel is off center after the lift install, so maybe that is the issue. I will be having the alignment done when the new tires are installed this Friday, and will have the alignment shop re-center the wheel.

Thanks for your response. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what I might have done wrong.
Center up your steering wheel

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, it’s the steering wheel. Center it and you should be good. Takes about 5 minutes.

Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
As others have said .. center the steering wheel, the stability system is very sensitive to that .. I usually put a piece of tape at 12 o’clock ( where it should be ) sticking up so I can see when it’s straight.. it only takes a couple of turns on the drag link

OP
OP

Gippeyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all of the responses. The willingness to help a stranger is on of the things that makes the Jeep community different.

JeepTeri

First Name
Teri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread update. I centered the steering wheel today, and then drove the Jeep for about 30 minutes. The service light cleared while driving.
I'm currently having same issue on Rubicon I just bought 2400 miles. It was already lifted. We are going to do the alignment Friday (yes, our wheel is off center)

9.jpg

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
I'm currently having same issue on Rubicon I just bought 2400 miles. It was already lifted. We are going to do the alignment Friday (yes, our wheel is off center)

9.jpg
Super easy to straighten the wheel yourself. 15mm socket or wrench and follow this.
Sponsored