Sponsored

Mopar 2" lift and AEV wheel combo going to be a problem?

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Hey all,

Looking to see if anyone is running the Mopar 2" and AEV wheels (JL backspacing 5.72)? I'll be running 37" KO2s. Unfortunately, no hard wheeling, 99% dailey driving. Can't seem to get a yes or no if it will be an issue, so I'm looking for some help! I'd hate to drop that kind of cash on this setup and find out it's no bueno

Thanks!
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Hey all,

Looking to see if anyone is running the Mopar 2" and AEV wheels (JL backspacing 5.72)? I'll be running 37" KO2s. Unfortunately, no hard wheeling, 99% dailey driving. Can't seem to get a yes or no if it will be an issue, so I'm looking for some help! I'd hate to drop that kind of cash on this setup and find out it's no bueno

Thanks!
If you aren't gonna wheel, you'll be fine. You'll have some slight clearance issues in the rear when you fully articulate, but you're just gonna rub on the fender and the endcap a smidge. It won't hurt anything.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Thanks!
99.9% DD............ you good.....👍

OP
OP
cball508

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
If you aren't gonna wheel, you'll be fine. You'll have some slight clearance issues in the rear when you fully articulate, but you're just gonna rub on the fender and the endcap a smidge. It won't hurt anything.
99.9% DD............ you good.....👍
Phew, that's great news! Thanks guys!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Be sure to post some pics when you get it done so we can all go:

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2" lift and AEV wheel combo going to be a problem? damn-that-shit-look-good

Sponsored

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Our 2019 Rubicon had an issue with the 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler on AEV Savegre II's rubbing the OEM Rubicon front skid plate on the passenger side until we installed an adjustable track bar to center the axle. The rubbing only happened at full lock turning left. It mostly happened in parking lots or parking garages when you needed to turn the wheel hard to get into or out of a parking spot.

OP
OP
cball508

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Our 2019 Rubicon had an issue with the 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler on AEV Savegre II's rubbing the OEM Rubicon front skid plate on the passenger side until we installed an adjustable track bar to center the axle. The rubbing only happened at full lock turning left. It mostly happened in parking lots or parking garages when you needed to turn the wheel hard to get into or out of a parking spot.
Thank you I will definitely keep an eye out! I am hoping the size difference between the ridge grappler and ko2 will negate that
Sponsored