OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it's in Cortland. I called up Cortland CDJR earlier this week to verify it was them and it is. I haven't bought anything from them yet but plan on buying the lift in person from them. Given that the warranty is from Mopar, there's no reason for it to not be honored by the dealer. Here is their number if you wanted to double check- 607-218-7520
Thanks Chris
Sponsored

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the newest version, the springs bow still... after I was told they wouldn't (They aren't suppose to, that's stupid) Mine actually touch the bumpstop to the spring, you can hear the metal hit when I go down a parking garage at 10mph. Other than that I love my kit and it works great. I haven't done so yet, but I need to order the rock krawler isolators to resolve the spring issue.
I guess it's safer to just get the RK isolators regardless and eliminate any potential headaches late. Just out of curiosity, is the part number (with the AC at the end) actually printed somewhere on the springs themselves or somewhere on other parts? Not just on the invoice or the box.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
The springs had tags with the part number (I've since removed those as they're aren't needed) I'll be doing the RK soon. But agreed, better to just do it, few bucks and it's already apart if you're newly installing the kit

Phillysays

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon
The springs had tags with the part number (I've since removed those as they're aren't needed) I'll be doing the RK soon. But agreed, better to just do it, few bucks and it's already apart if you're newly installing the kit
Is the spring bowing on the mopar kits only on the 3.6 or also with the 2.0t? I bought my mopar kit from cortland, but haven’t installed it yet.

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Is the spring bowing on the mopar kits only on the 3.6 or also with the 2.0t? I bought my mopar kit from cortland, but haven’t installed it yet.
From the parts list the only thing that differs from the 3.6 version is a different front driver side spring. The 2.0 version uses the front 3.6 version passenger side spring, for both left and right. Someone correct me if I’m misinterpreting.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which front spring has the bowing issues? Or is it both?
From what I know by now, springs with the newest part numbers (ending with AC) have the lowest risk of bowing issue. However, @RMojitoJL has the bow with this set as well. So....
It really doesn't matter which side bows, just get the $30 for a pair of Rock Krawler spacers. They should correct the issue for you and keep it that way.

Read through this thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...g-pad-option-for-mopar-lift-correction.14412/

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
From what I know by now, springs with the newest part numbers (ending with AC) have the lowest risk of bowing issue. However, @RMojitoJL has the bow with this set as well. So....
It really doesn't matter which side bows, just get the $30 for a pair of Rock Krawler spacers. They should correct the issue for you and keep it that way.

Read through this thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...g-pad-option-for-mopar-lift-correction.14412/
Agreed, don't even mess with it, kit is good... just purchase the rock krawler $30.00 correction pads and you're good to go.

Both of mine bow for those who asked... and I have the newer part #

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Would you get the warranty on it as well if gotten from Ebay? Curious because this is the main reason I am going with Mopar and not with Teraflex.
I am seriously considering the Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5, looks like an amazing lift.

WelderJay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
"
Yeah it's in Cortland. I called up Cortland CDJR earlier this week to verify it was them and it is. I haven't bought anything from them yet but plan on buying the lift in person from them. Given that the warranty is from Mopar, there's no reason for it to not be honored by the dealer. Here is their number if you wanted to double check- 607-218-7520

I just bought one from him. Everything looks legit. I will post back after I get it. I don't understand how its 1090.00 and free shipping from NY to CA, guess I will find out. The purchase is covered so I shouldn't be out of pocket worse case.

Sponsored

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I just ordered mine from a dealer in TX off EBAY. It was $9 more but shipped same day (Cortland was on vacation). Below is the complete write up I posted in another thread that details all the components I will be using and the costs.

Long time reader, First time poster....
Hopefully this will help with those starting to do research on the Mopar kit. This is a list of components that I have coming from various sources/vendors along with actual costs (including tax and shipping when applicable). I will do the installation since this is a pretty straight forward "bolt on" project. My plan is to start with the Mopar 2 inch kit and upgrade or add components that I feel "fix" the areas that Mopar didn't get quite right. Of course this is only MY idea of what will work best based on past experience and a LOT of research on the Mopar kit. Besides the crate is really COOL :rock:

• Mopar JLU 3.6L 2" Lift Kit Part #77072395AC "Baseline kit for the project" Comes in a COOL crate! Sourced on EBAY from seller (everydodgepart) Cost $1,099
  • Fox Factory Race Series 2.0 Performance ATS Steering Stabilizer part #983-02-148. Overkill but sourced on EBAY as NEW unused item out of box from individual for a GREAT price. Cost $265
  • Rock Krawler Front Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #RK06705K. Replacement for Mopar Pads that still seem to be poor quality even in the AC kit. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $28.50 with JLWF Discount :clap:
  • Rock Krawler Rear Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #06840 Replacements for Mopar pads. Not sure if they are needed but good insurance IMO. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $16.15 with JLWF Discount :like:
  • Rock Krawler JL Front Adjustable Track Bar Part #RK06187. Replace stock non-adjustable to correctly center axle. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $182.75 with JLWF Discount :)
  • Rock Krawler JL Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket Part #RK06718K. To correct rear geometry for better highway handling and overall performance. Note: I may go with the Rock Krawler rear adjustable Track Bar at a later time "if" I am not happy with the stock bar ride quality. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $84.14 with JLWF Discount :rock:
Looks like the total investment for this suspension build is going to run me around $1,675 with the upgrade stabilizer. It could be done for $1,410 without. Not bad for starting with the Mopar Kit which gives you Fox Shocks and did I mention a COOL crate :LOL: By adding a few mods I feel like this will be a decent build.

I will likely have all the parts sitting in my garage for a little while until I get the time to install them.

My Rubicon already sits on 35" Toyo Open Country RTs and Moto Metal 20" wheels for daily driving. Depending on ride quality and stance after install, I may go up to 37's. I will also likely go with a 17" off road wheel set up for the rough stuff.

Thanks to Rock Krawler for helping with my tech questions, the numerous threads here on JLWF, and River City Offroad for the AWESOME JLWF Discount!

Stay tuned for the results...….eventually.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The MOPAR kit arrived yesterday and it IS the AC model. Noticed the spring pads are BLACK and NOT the GRAY that I have been seeing in several photos/posts. They still feel much less ridged than the RK correction pads so I will be using the RK pads. If anyone has an earlier kit and wants to swap out the pads let me know and they are YOURS.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
For the record, the bowing is not a problem if there is enough clearance with the bump stop. Spring bowing on lifts is pretty normal and common, especially with taller lifts. (This lift is taller than 2", btw.). Go to Moab and look at the custom Jeeps. Many of them bow. Also, remember, when the axle goes through its motion, it is in a radial arc, (albiet a slight one), so even if a spring looks straight, when compressed, there will be bowing to some degree, even if you can't tell. The idea that a spring should not bow at all ignores Geometry. It MUST bow. The question really is only the degree.

That said, the RK pads do straightent the springs very well when at level rest. They are clearly more robust than the Mopar pads, so that's a very good and inexpensive option. If I ever have issue with the corrected Mopar pads, I'll swap those in.

I had one of the earliest Mopar lifts made. It had a more pronounced bow that allowed only about a millimeter of clearance with the bump stop. It never rubbed and performed just fine on and off the road. I was concerned with the clearance, but not the bow. The new spring pad gave more clearance, as designed, resulting in about 5mm to 1cm of clearance. After thousands of miles, and hard off roading that included Moab and Colorado, there has been no change and it functions as it should.

The most critical thing you can do, as another has said, whether using RK or Mopar spring pads, is to make sure they are installed correctly. First, you must have the correct spring on the correct side. Each spring has its own part number and is corner specific. Secondly, the spring MUST be oriented correctly in the pad. Failure to do that will result in excessive bow and will also warp or crush the pad, crushing it. It could even cause other problems.

At this point, I've got about 18,000 miles on the new spring pad and almost 22k on the lift at this point. It has from day one performed flawlessly. The updated spring pad looks the same as the day it was installed, because it and the spring were seated properly.

After lots of wheeling with other Jeeps, I think the Fox Shocks alone are worth the whole lift. That combo with the JL provides the smoothest off-road ride I've experienced in an off the shelf lift that didn't cost north of $5,000. The articulation is outstanding, too. I think you guys will be thrilled with it. Don't flip out over a little bow, as long as everything is mounted and seated correctly and there is good clearance with the bump stop.

One other thing that can reduce the bowing very slightly, as well, is an adjustable front track bar that centers the axle. It isn't much, but it does help. I'm running a Rancho.

This is a great lift, if installed 100% correctly. It is also good that it is covered by warranty.

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
How long did it take for the lift to arrive in the mail? I just ordered mine and am curious how long shipping will take.