OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
wouldn't that be a good reason just to do the 2 inch spacer lift and keep the stock ride ? this wouldn't
IMG_45131 (1).jpg
happen with the 2 inch spacer lift would it ?
It’s always going to misalign the axles but not enough to really notice.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That's what my buddy said he's had a shop in San Antonio for like 30 years he said you're not going to do any damage with a 2-inch spacer lift that's why the bigger lifts come with that kind of stuff too much spacer lift is not going to do anything wrong I'm just trying to decide if I want to do the spacer or do this guy Jack your 2.5 with shocks and springs for a hundred fifty more that happens is noticeable but if I change the fenders it will be open more and I think I should be okay

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what my buddy said he's had a shop in San Antonio for like 30 years he said you're not going to do any damage with a 2-inch spacer lift that's why the bigger lips come with that kind of stuff too much spacer lift is not going to do anything wrong I'm just trying to decide if I want to do the spacer or do this guy Jack your 2.5 with shocks and springs for a hundred fifty more that happens is noticeable but if I change the fenders it will be open more and I think I should be okay
Tough decision. I like the ride so I just installed the RC kit. I run 37’s and have no real need for anymore lift. At some point I’ll go with some Fox shocks but I’m going to leave well enough alone. I wheel a lot and 37’s are plenty big enough. That’s why I moved from my JK to a JL. Only reason I installed a lift is for the tires. If I could have installed them stock I would have.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So you did the 2.5 Rough Country I'm on my phone not on the computer can you post a picture of it again. So you kept the stock ride you don't notice a difference at all just telaller to get in I guess LOL

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Pretty stoked now.. Just confirmed (after changing my mind 50 times) with my installer my final choice. DV8 Beadlocks with paint matched rings and 37 KO2’s, Mopar relocation and reinforcement brackets, Bull Bar, 2” Lift.. Jeep is on a truck and should be arriving soon!!

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
did not no DV8 off-road made wheels do you have a picture of what it looks like sounds pretty cool also is that tire the one that came on it just a 37

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you did the 2.5 Rough Country I'm on my phone not on the computer can you post a picture of it again. So you kept the stock ride you don't notice a difference at all just telaller to get in I guess LOL
No difference in ride. Just taller. Still handles just as good. No spacers, factory wheels. Turned out the steering stops a couple turns and no rubbing either.

70BDA78E-5D6F-4772-8C72-672AE1264865.jpeg

BB615F28-2EAD-41B2-A722-AD3DD9191FA4.jpeg

6BEB7A6B-E74E-4AC4-8C74-D5341B452500.jpeg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So thats a 37 on the factory wheel ? i haven't seen anyone try that yet till now. thats good cause i do like the factory wheels too. . it isbt a wide wheel sot probably cant pull the tire out like it could if it was a wider wheel

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So thats a 37 on the factory wheel ? i haven't seen anyone try that yet till now. thats good cause i do like the factory wheels too. . it isbt a wide wheel sot probably cant pull the tire out like it could if it was a wider wheel
Yes. Everything is factory. Except the 37’s lol

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Factory wheels are a little narrow for 37's, but it's workable.

2018-03-12-16.00.jpg
2018-03-12-13.29.jpg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Very true back when I had my dually in 99 I had factory wheels on 37's. The factory wheel wasn't wide enough to pull the tire out all the way so the tire was bowed in it was okay but I need to be careful he said but it look damn good 8 inch lift with 37s on a dually Super Swamper SSR whales are cheap enough now you can find a good aftermarket wheel

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory wheels on 37’s make for a great poor mans bead lock. Lol I’m not a fan of most aftermarket wheels and where I live I try to keep the tires under the flares as much as possible. That way the snow and crap doesn’t get packed into the door handles.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
wouldn't that be a good reason just to do the 2 inch spacer lift and keep the stock ride ? this wouldn't
IMG_45131 (1).jpg
happen with the 2 inch spacer lift would it ?
Any increase in spring heights throws the OEM geometry out of wack unless all the associated components are changed as well. Think about what is happening when the distance is increased between the frame and the differential. The track bars should also be changed because as I showed in the picture you have the front differential going out of alignment. When you leave the stock control arms in place the differentials are pulled out of its correct factory position. It’s simple trigonometry; one leg of the triangle lengthens the other two legs must also lengthen to keep the entire suspension at the the OEM or proper configuration.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I do like this one but what I'm paying have this installed and what I'm going to pay you to have the Mopar one installed it's only $900 more to have the Mopar so I'm going to go with the mop ar. that's like $16 more month I'll do the Mopar and the Mopar is getting more lift anyway this is only 2 on the Rubicon Express. the Mopar is getting close to 3 I test drove one today and it's really high off the ground with the Mopar

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
You guys do what you want with your $50k rigs. I’m not going to drive down the road at 70 mph with my suspension all balled up. Do it right or don’t do it at all. Where do you think the infamous death wobble came from?
Sponsored