nicolae92

First Name
nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
Hi all,

I have a question I am sure there is “no right” answer, but maybe somebody did an extensive research and can enlighten me. I have a JLU Rubicon 2020 (soft top) 3.6 V6 gas and I am contemplating in putting a MOPAR 2’’ lift kit; I know that ideal I should match the lift kit with 35’s, but… another 2k, tire carrier upgrade, etc, I am thinking to keep the stock 33’s… they are still in good condition. I am afraid the geometry will change significantly and the kit might not be designed for 33’s, any of you had the chance to test this particular lift kit with stock wheels (285/70/17)? And will it look (very) funny? Thank you in advance for any info! By the way , the Jeep is a curbe crawler, mall rated and is driven only in suburbs with no doors, safari style, usually by my wife.
Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
It will definitely change the geometry a bit, but shouldn't be enough of a worry from a suspension standpoint (otherwise they'd just include the trackbar anyway)
Anyways, it just might look like it skipped leg day for a little while, but it'll be fine.
If you search the forum, you should be able to find plenty of examples of "mopar lift kit with stock tires"

OP
OP

nicolae92

First Name
nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
It will definitely change the geometry a bit, but shouldn't be enough of a worry from a suspension standpoint (otherwise they'd just include the trackbar anyway)
Anyways, it just might look like it skipped leg day for a little while, but it'll be fine.
If you search the forum, you should be able to find plenty of examples of "mopar lift kit with stock tires"
Thats great to hear; i just want to leave the shop with the lift kit and next year to do a proper set up. Thank you!

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT

Sponsored

OP
OP

nicolae92

First Name
nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
Like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2 inches lift kit with OEM wheels IMG_4968
This looks like a cosmetic surgery went wrong; this looks like a JK, those are not 33’s and the lift seems… odd, the front is higher than the back, the rear axle is brought towards the front… honestly I have a headache from reading posts, i heard than the 2 inch lift kit lifts the front higher than the back ?‍♂you do not help me, i might put 3k back in my pocket and stay with the stock configuration ?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The kit won't be taller in the front than it is in the back, but unless you're slapping it on a 4xe, you're gonna get well over 3" of lift. They shouldn't even call it a 2" lift.

I added one-inch spring spacers up front to level out mine and it's still just a hair lower.

OP
OP

nicolae92

First Name
nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
Thank you for your reply. Mopar lift kit is advertised as being designed “by Jeep engineers” (whatever that means) to improve performance and keep the factory ride. How can I trust this if it is a gross misalignment between the axles, noticed by lay people… I do not want to be misunderstood, wrangler is a gr8 machine and performs (stock) outstanding in experienced hands, but I really do not believe that the lift kit was designed by the factory team, nor tested by those to prove its superiority. The lack of guidelines in recommending the wheels dimensions is bothersome, someone mentioned that the question if 37’s will fit 2 inch lift kit will persist till year 3000… better disclose and get over with: mopar 2 inch lift kit is a “x” company design, rebranded by us; you pay double for the same product but is coming with the factory warranty and you can finance it when you buy the car…

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
1 1/2” factory lift 7.5” stock wheels 285/70’s.
A 1/2” more would be OK
Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR 2 inches lift kit with OEM wheels F95FA0A7-C68E-4693-86F7-7697828DFDD3

OP
OP

nicolae92

First Name
nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020
1 1/2” factory lift 7.5” stock wheels 285/70’s.
A 1/2” more would be OK
F95FA0A7-C68E-4693-86F7-7697828DFDD3.jpeg
LOL, I got what you say but I do not think it is working like that; https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ermarket-lift-of-the-same-amount.62812/page-2
Giving it a little thought, putting a lift and leaving the stock wheels seems like a not very smart choice, u get the same axle clearance and the box higher. The 35’s on 17x8.5 with 12 mm neg offset rims seems to be the sweetest combination. While there are a lot of hard core off roaders here and I respect your choices, I think 37’s are too much for the stock axles and brakes, but its ok for occasionally rock crawling. I’ve decided, my Rubicon will stay stock, more than enough to go pick up the kids from school and going to Laguna Beach to see the sunset and smoke a cigarette. Thank you all!

Last edited:

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
LOL, I got what you say but I do not think it is working like that; https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ermarket-lift-of-the-same-amount.62812/page-2
Giving it a little thought, putting a lift and leaving the stock wheels seems like a not very smart choice, u get the same axle clearance and the box higher. The 35’s on 17x8.5 with 12 mm neg offset rims seems to be the sweetest combination. While there are a lot of hard core off roaders here and I respect your choices, I think 37’s are too much for the stock axles and brakes, but its ok for occasionally rock crawling. I’ve decided, my Rubicon will stay stock, more than enough to go pick up the kids from school and going to Laguna Beach to see the sunset and smoke a cigarette. Thank you all!
Yep- 35/12.50’s fill the wells about right, 8.5”- 1mm on back order, flare extensions should be here tomorrow, will also require an adjustable spare carrier to tuck the tire back. It adds up. ?

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
well, i don't see any reason to lift your J**p if you're not doing it to clear larger tires, but 'Good On your Wife' for doing it doorless! that's definitely a "J**p Thing".

Hi all,

I have a question I am sure there is “no right” answer, but maybe somebody did an extensive research and can enlighten me. I have a JLU Rubicon 2020 (soft top) 3.6 V6 gas and I am contemplating in putting a MOPAR 2’’ lift kit; I know that ideal I should match the lift kit with 35’s, but… another 2k, tire carrier upgrade, etc, I am thinking to keep the stock 33’s… they are still in good condition. I am afraid the geometry will change significantly and the kit might not be designed for 33’s, any of you had the chance to test this particular lift kit with stock wheels (285/70/17)? And will it look (very) funny? Thank you in advance for any info! By the way , the Jeep is a curbe crawler, mall rated and is driven only in suburbs with no doors, safari style, usually by my wife.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
The kit won't be taller in the front than it is in the back, but unless you're slapping it on a 4xe, you're gonna get well over 3" of lift. They shouldn't even call it a 2" lift.

I added one-inch spring spacers up front to level out mine and it's still just a hair lower.
yep, I just put a 3.5” kit on yesterday, and am 5” higher than before. I did upsize the tires from a 315/70/17 to a 37/12.5/17 so part of that height increase is bigger tire.

Chrisbayridge1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

Hi all,

I was going to go with the mole. Part. 2 inch lift for my 2 door Rubicon. But after extensive research, I've decided to go with the JKS 3" lift (part # 146KFA) and 2" wheel spacers on my stock rims, with 35s It costs the same as the Mopar Lift, but you get adjustable lower control arms, adjustable front track bar. And rear track bar relocation bracket with the kit. The adjustable control arms will correct geometry for the build. I think it's a better deal and better quality product than the Mopar. Lift.
But that's just my opinion
Sponsored