Mopar 2 inch lift with 2021

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
I’ve read a lot of complaints about the 2 inch Mopar lift. Are people still having issues with it now? I’m going to order a 2021 rubicon 2 door and want to have the lift installed before I pick it up but am trying to do my homework before making the purchase. Thank u in advance!!
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The biggest complaints other than it being pricey for what you don't get, such as no adjustable trackbars or control arms, were that the front spring isolators didn't position the springs correctly and caused them to bow. This has been corrected with revised parts for quite some time now. If you're looking to get this lift, you should be fine.

Last edited:

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Installed it on my 2 door JLR, rides just fine. Definitely wish it came with adjustable lcas as the fixed ones it does come with do not allow for enough castor.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I just installed that lift and have no complaints so far.
The spring isolators that came with it were the later design and the
springs are sitting perfect.

I did have to do adjustable track bars that was an extra $450

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Chad,

If you are a suspension purest, I agree that the adjustable trackbar is a good investment. My front axle moved almost 0.5 inches to the drivers side with the Mopar lift.

Thankfully I'm not a perfectionist and running without the trackbar is absolutely no issue (for me). No steering play, no wander, no wobble, no worry. I'm loving it. I'll invest the $450 towards a steel bumper with winch. Maybe after the added weight I'll discover the advantage of the trackbar. Until then, I'm rollin' with the flow. Enjoying the Jeep every minute I'm in it, looking or thinking about it.

Jay

IMG_20200605_180738.jpg

IMG_20200605_180828.jpg

IMG_20200605_180803.jpg

IMG_20200605_180916.jpg

IMG_20200605_180858.jpg

IMG_20200605_180947.jpg

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
Hi all. I’m going to be purchasing a mopar lift this week for my 2020 rubicon 4 door. What are the common additional pieces to get? I was told to get a steering stabilizer so I’m looking at the fox racing IFP and the ATS.

Want to make sure I get any essentials before ripping the stock suspension out.

thank you!

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi all. I’m going to be purchasing a mopar lift this week for my 2020 rubicon 4 door. What are the common additional pieces to get? I was told to get a steering stabilizer so I’m looking at the fox racing IFP and the ATS.

thank you!
Personally, I would get adjustable LCAs 100%.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

thank you!
Adjustable control arms and a adjustable track bar. 100%. yes the LCA from the kit will work and you could wait. but the track bar is recommended for sure.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It depends how you plan to use your Jeep.

I had the Mopar lift on my JKs and was very happy with it. But there are reports that the isolators on the JL Mopar lift are bowing.

FCA claims to have fixed the problem. But we all know what FCA’s word means these days, especially when it claims to have “fixed” anything.

I am member on another Wrangler forum; one of the moderators has extensive professional experience lifting Jeeps. In his opinion, the new Mopar lift is not worth it; there are much better alternatives out there. He even created an “ideal daily-driver” lift combining parts from different lift kits.

Being a fan of Mopar lifts myself, I recently checked with him if Mopar fixed the bowing issue. He says Mopar claims it has, but he doubts they really have —sounds familiar?

The bottom line: if you are dead set on a Mopar lift, he recommends getting the Rancho Coil Spring Isolators RS62123 and “be done with it. It's just $35 more to make it right.”

Sounds like good advise.

Here’s the entire discussion on this topic for anyone interested: https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/my-dd-and-moderate-trail-lift-recommendation.2381303/

Cheers.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
If you want your Jeep to look good, get the Mopar. We got about 4" on my wife's Rubicon and the stance is perfect. Flex is meh.

If you want performance, get something different. I have the Rock Krawler 3.5" mid-arm X-factor and the flex is ridiculous. My Jeep is substantially better off-road than my wife's because of this...and I tell her that everyday. LOL

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I installed the Mopar lift on my 2020 JLR and very happy with it, revised spring perches with the latest kits are fine and no spring bowing. I am a bit OCD and wanted to maintain OEM wheelbase keeping the wheels properly centered within the wheel wells and also keep the axles dead centered side to side. (These both change depending on lift height without adjustable control arms and trackbars) So I replaced all 8 control arms along with front and rear trackbars with adjustable ones plus a host of other goodies...For most JL owners this is overkill...

I would however strongly recommend at least a good adjustable front trackbar (love Steer Smarts!) and adjustable front LCA's (I used Teraflex IR) Replacing the OEM front trackbar will not only let you center the front axle but will improve handling! The Mopar kit does come with slightly longer but fixed front LCA's. The advantages of adding adjustable front LCA's are you cannot only increase caster over the Mopar ones but if needed, caster can be adjusted on just one side to help compensate if you happen to end up with a lifted JL that wants to drift... (Typically to the right)

Congrats and enjoy your 2021 when she arrives!

PS: While some guys report getting 3.5" of lift or more, I wound up with about 2.25" on my Rubi 2-door, perfect with 35's!

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
All,

Just for reference here are pics of all four of my springs with the standard Mopar lift. I'm not saying earlier variants didn't bow, (clearly that was a problem), however the coil spring isolators no longer appear to be an issue. That is as long as they're installed properly.

The one thing I want to point out is that I did my home work and talked with a FCA Warranty Rep in Auburn Hills, MI. (full disclosure I used to work there as a Powertrain Software Engineer a while back) and she indicated that the only JL lift that will not potentially void your factory warranty is the Mopar lift installed with only Mopar parts. She also said that it should also be installed by a trained and certified FCA mechanic. However she would not elaborate on either self or third-party installs.

She also would not explain the exact nature of how warranty claims are either approved or rejected but stated that the decision starts with the dealership based on the nature of each claim.

Lastly, she pointed out that in certain situations the entire powertrain warranty could be voided due to the modified drive shaft geometries which may impact the transfer case, transmission and engine operation. Again this could be considered case by case but she made it sound like stay away from the extreme lifts.

Essentially she spooked me (certainly by intent) to only consider the standard unmodified Mopar Lift installed by the dealer. Go figure.

My take away is FCA understands, and even promotes, that people lift their Wranglers. They allow some wiggle room by the dealership to honor warranty work on a lifted JL. However, it sounds like there is a definitive bias to having a Mopar lift.

So if you value or plan on using your warranty please keep this in mind.

I let them scare me, but I am very happy with the result. Again, I'm no suspension purest, my front axle is indeed offset almost a half inch to the driver's side. But I'm loving every minute of driving my Sport both on and especially off-road.

For you hard core types who absolutely require the very best you can make it, well the standard Mopar lift will probably disappoint. You'll likely need all the additional adjustments and tweaks with adjustable trackbars, lower control arms and whatever else will bring suspension perfection joy.

Its up to you to make your Jeep the way you want it. My setup with the standard Mopar lift is certainly doing everything I expected (and more) with zero complaints. I'm just sharing some of my experience. Take it or leave it.

Jeep on smiling...
Jay

IMG_20200531_093548.jpg

IMG_20200531_093617.jpg

IMG_20200531_093700.jpg

IMG_20200531_093759.jpg

IMG_20200605_180738.jpg

IMG_20200605_180828.jpg

IMG_20200605_180803.jpg
Sponsored