Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You’re correct. They assume you Jeep is 6k+lbs.
My AEV JLURD rides and crawls incredibly well with the 2.5" 8100 suspension. Washboard roads are also significantly smoother than my old JLUR.

It's a bit soft, however, when I fully load it for a couple weeks of camping / rock crawling.
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I am decently happy with my AEV 2.5.
While it could offer more flex and suppleness off road, its drives great on the highway...and my off road trips consist of 600+ miles of on road driving..and that's were it really excels.

OP
OP
Affroe

Affroe

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Rock Krawler and Metalcloak are the only lifts I’ll recommend. Clayton gets honorable mention.
I would really like straight bolt on kit.. I have looking at icon 2.5. What do you think of the icon

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I would really like straight bolt on kit.. I have looking at icon 2.5. What do you think of the icon
Meh. You have to do a little grinding both with Metalcloak and Rock Krawler but it’s worth it.

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Like others have mentioned, AEV is set up for overlanding. If you will carry heavy loads or add heavy accessories, I have heard it's fantastic.

The only time I have heard or read of people complaining about the Mopar lift is that it's missing components or they wanted more flex, lift, stiffer springs, or something it's just not designed to provide.

If you're staying light and light to moderate trails, either should be fine, but AEV might ride a little stiff.

Personally, I would go with whichever one is cheaper.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I had the AEV Dual Sport on my JKU - it was fantastic. They had tuned Bilstein Shocks which were great. Not sure of the JL lifts they have now.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
I must be the odd man out. I have the AEV lift and I’m never loaded down. I have an aluminum front bumper, and I go without doors and top as much as I possibly can. I wouldn’t say my ride is rough at all. Even my wife, who is known to complain about such things, said that the Jeep was very comfortable on our recent trip to Paso Robles, which is about a 4 hour drive from me. That trip was doors and top on, my wife and I + minimal luggage.

I had my lift installed for me by Adventure Off-road in Huntington Beach. Maybe they tuned the shocks?

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
I must be the odd man out. I have the AEV lift and I’m never loaded down. I have an aluminum front bumper, and I go without doors and top as much as I possibly can. I wouldn’t say my ride is rough at all. Even my wife, who is known to complain about such things, said that the Jeep was very comfortable on our recent trip to Paso Robles, which is about a 4 hour drive from me. That trip was doors and top on, my wife and I + minimal luggage.

I had my lift installed for me by Adventure Off-road in Huntington Beach. Maybe they tuned the shocks?
I also have the AEV 2.5RT lift. Current build includes AEV rear bumper/tire carrier with fuel caddy, front steel bumper, salta xr wheels with 315/70/17 ko2's. Rides and handles far better then stock unloaded and especially loaded. Key is dropping the tire pressure. I have them set to 31psi cold.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Aev is a good lift. If only they could lower their spring rate and tune those bilstien 5100s a bit softer.. when unloaded and running empty it will feel very stiff as if it's going to rattle out some bolts. Mopar is a softer riding lift overall
Spot on. My AEV lift is coming out this fall. Going Metalcloak. The AEV lift beats the crap outta me.

Sponsored

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
I also have the AEV 2.5RT lift. Current build includes AEV rear bumper/tire carrier with fuel caddy, front steel bumper, salta xr wheels with 315/70/17 ko2's. Rides and handles far better then stock unloaded and especially loaded. Key is dropping the tire pressure. I have them set to 31psi cold.
Yeah agreed. I run 30-32.

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
AEV makes a good product. They're our neighbors here in Michigan. Great folks.

I'd like to throw our hat into the ring as an alternative choice as well. Our J-Venture kit (does not include control arms) or our J-Konnect kit (includes fixed length control arms) are very comparable options.

The benefits are the options to add FOX shocks and dual-rate coil springs. Ride superiority is key with JKS and our kits are designed to be dual purpose; on-road and off-road comfort.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
are there better lifts out there …sure. I got a great deal for my Mopar 2” lift so I went with it. I did listen to Rokys recommendations and got an adjustable front track bar and adjustable control arms. I’m really happy with it so far. I’m on 37s with steel bumpers and rock rails. I got 3.75” out of that lift. No joke. Everyone has different experiences but for me it cost me $500.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
AEV makes a good product. They're our neighbors here in Michigan. Great folks.

I'd like to throw our hat into the ring as an alternative choice as well. Our J-Venture kit (does not include control arms) or our J-Konnect kit (includes fixed length control arms) are very comparable options.

The benefits are the options to add FOX shocks and dual-rate coil springs. Ride superiority is key with JKS and our kits are designed to be dual purpose; on-road and off-road comfort.
How much longer are your fixed length arms than stock? Or are they comparable to the mopar lift arms?

JKS Manufacturing

First Name
JKS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Occupation
Suspension Manufacturer
How much longer are your fixed length arms than stock? Or are they comparable to the mopar lift arms?
They're made from 2” OD x .250-wall DOM tubing, the front arms are 5/16” longer that stock to correct front caster and formed to allow clearance for oversized tires. They install in the OE mounting locations for 0-4.5” of lift. In the rear, the lower control arms are 1/4” longer than stock to help re-center the axle in the wheel well when used with lift kits.
Sponsored