Mopar 2 inch lift Reviews

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
This forum is a great resource albeit bad for your wallet. The search function blows though. Your best bet for searching is to use Google :
"JKS disconnects + JLWranglerforum"
That will find what you're looking for.
Like you say, all I'm looking for now is the lottery to payoff the cha ching I hear in my head!
Sponsored

SAVAGETACO619

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUXR
Can a few of you that have the 2” Mopar lift with different setups please measure from the top of the front axle to the bottom of the upper coil housing as shown here(image credit @Roky) :

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift Reviews 8E27C912-264A-462E-B01C-DA95C058F71F

I have an Extreme Recon and am wanting to know the difference between the the Mopar 2” lift and the Extreme Recon 1.5” lift. Bumpers, winch, skid plates, model, and other items that add weight would be great to know as well.

For reference, my bone stock JLURXR measures 12”. I’m not on perfectly level ground so I’ll have to find somewhere level to recheck it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can a few of you that have the 2” Mopar lift with different setups please measure from the top of the front axle to the bottom of the upper coil housing as shown here(image credit @Roky) :

I have an Extreme Recon and am wanting to know the difference between the the Mopar 2” lift and the Extreme Recon 1.5” lift. Bumpers, winch, skid plates, model, and other items that add weight would be great to know as well.

For reference, my bone stock JLURXR measures 12”. I’m not on perfectly level ground so I’ll have to find somewhere level to recheck it tomorrow.
My Rubi measured 11.25” stock before the Mopar lift and measured 14.5” after I installed the Mopar.

It’s interesting that the Recon is only 3/4” higher than the stock Rubi. Mine is 3.6 auto steel bumpers front/rear rock sliders, and winch, plus a 125 lb spare tire.

SAVAGETACO619

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUXR
My Rubi measured 11.25” stock before the Mopar lift and measured 14.5” after I installed the Mopar.

It’s interesting that the Recon is only 3/4” higher than the stock Rubi. Mine is 3.6 auto steel bumpers front/rear rock sliders, and winch, plus a 125 lb spare tire.
My rig is a 3.6 with plastic bumpers. The most I measured was 12.5” but that was pointing uphill in my driveway. The 12” was on fairly level ground. I can’t imagine it will be much different when level.

I have ATP steel bumpers and MC undercloak and sliders on order and am concerned that I will lose a bunch of height with the added weight.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My rig is a 3.6 with plastic bumpers. The most I measured was 12.5” but that was pointing uphill in my driveway. The 12” was on fairly level ground. I can’t imagine it will be much different when level.

I have ATP steel bumpers and MC undercloak and sliders on order and am concerned that I will lose a bunch of height with the added weight.
At least you have your measurements stock so you’ll know exactly how much you lose. I’m thinking that it won’t be as bad as you think, and likely be able to address it with a leveling spacer kit.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I run my 37's warm at 32'ish. I keep clear from drafting, a motor sport idea IMO.
Not to mention the little pebble that tend to crack your windshield. :)

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
In my own experience ive never seen a lack of torque to accomplish an obstacle. And I do push my rig hard sometimes. I did have to use momentum when I was open on my sport. Once I locked I am crawling through obstacles. Momentum doesnt really help much anymore.

I am sure rubicon gearing and transfer case would help and make things a bit easier. But it is really the lockers what change the name of the game. These JLs have plenty of juice and a sport driver would just need to get a little more skilful thats all.

Sports do just fine. Nobody needs a Rubicon. But lockers do make an enormous difference. A locked sport can do anything a rubicon can do with the same lift and tires of course.
Lockers do make a huge difference. I swapped out my Dana 30/35s for Dana44s and it made a world of difference. Just wished I had the Rubi transfer case. I'm wheeling a 2021 JLUR now, and can confirm the transfer case makes a huge difference...not as much as the locking axles though.

https://donmontalvo.com/2020/12/28/35s-lockers-and-trails-from-hell/

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The quick disconnects from JKS Manufacturing I have come with holding “studs” that bolt on top of each front spring. When you release the swaybar links, you rotate them 180 degrees up, lock them in place to the upper studs, and secure them with the quick release pins.

It is a clever, simple solution that works well: they are easy to use; the links remain perfectly secure and out of the way.

The holding studs are the ones on top:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-man...rnu8sjC4WxaJ88ThjXcm5OLdiLob1amRoCotsQAvD_BwE
Unless you install after market wheel well liners, then you'll need to use their straps.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I love this thread, read every post, learned a lot.

I started with a 2020 JL Sport (manual, zero bells/whistles), and a 2" spacer lift and 33" tires. Thought it was fine. Did Rausch/AOAA/Reading trails, mostly the greens/blues.

Then went to a 2020 JL Sport S (auto, some bells/whistles), and I went with an AEV Dual Sport 2.5" lift and 35" tires. Very heavy, after upgrading bumpers, full skids, etc. Was able to do blue/green and some black. But had trouble on the tougher trails, since I was about at my GVWR.

Now I have a 2021 JLUR (almost all the bells/whistles), and I bought the extended warranty (so glad I did), a Mopar 2" lift (latest revision that includes Fox shocks; I added the Fox steering stabilizer). Went with 17x8" ICON beadlocks (DOT approved) and 315/17/70C BFG KO2s. Its a longer Jeep, but handles like a dream, and I've been able to do green/blue/black trails without much trouble.

I have to admit, I got caught up in the "this lift is better than that lift", keeping up with the Jones'. Then I got a grip and realized I never intended to turn my Jeep into a crushed soda can. When I got the JLUR, I decided to get the extended warranty, and the Mopar lift. Totally covered by warranty. Heck, I even have it in writing, that I can go to 35s and not void my warranty.

Love the posts, love the wide range of experiences/opinions. Happy to be on this forum

For the OP, scroll through my August posts. They include the Mopar lift, and moving to 35s, and installing the Goose Geer platform.

https://donmontalvo.com/2021/08/

Last edited:

Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392

Bone stock JLUR w/ plastic bumpers, and I am at 10 7/8"

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Steel bumper is on the rear. Front steel bumper and winch are still in the garage, ready to go on Saturday.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link

I took before & after measurements on my stock JLUR 4xe, but I measured from the bottom of the upper spring housing to the top, outer edge of the lower spring basket (flip your lower arrow around 189 deg & move to the upper edge of the spring basket). Stock was 11&7/8" and after the Mopar lift was 12&7/8".

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
It is.
Sounds like Akelly740 got a bad installer.
You don't need adjustable LCAs because the kit comes with longer ones to maintain the factory caster angle.
You also don't need an adjustable track bar as Mopar sells the correct one. It does require you to purchase it separately though.
The instructions are very specific about how, and where, the springs are installed. If done carelessly or incorrectly the result is bowing springs. Simple fix really. Make sure the right springs are in the right places, and make sure they are all oriented in the right direction.
As for cost, I paid $1,800.00 CDN for mine, taxes in and installed. Pretty good bargain if you ask me.
A comparable kit at a local offroad shop, vis-a-vis quality, would be like Teraflex and the like. If you're trying to compare it to Rough Country or Rugged Ridge, you're not even playing in the same ball park.
AND ... icing on the cake ... you get the really cool Mopar wooden crate the kit comes in ... LOL
Thanks for the detailed info @Yogi . After untold hours of reading and researching I finally committed to it through BAM. Should be here in a few weeks and I'll have the dealer install. I really appreciate how people on this thread have offered their personal experiences and some of the specific issues encountered - and - how to address them should they arise. Going into any situation armed with information is far better than having no idea what you're doing or talking about. So thanks again.
Sponsored