DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Does the sport S have the sway bar disconnect? LOL, does the sport S have a sway bar at all? Sorry, My ignorance with my jeep and what it has and or needs is immeasurable...
No and yes. But adding a manual sway bar disco is pretty easy.
Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
April/May 2019.
Part # is 68394087AA ... It's a factory number and the "AA" denotes an upgraded/updated factory part. When I got mine there were two listed, the original and this upgraded/updated part. We went with the newest one as it was supposed to work with Mopar 2" lift. Apparently it's like 1/2" longer than the original.
That being said, if you are planning on going higher at a later date, I would suggest something like a Street Smarts/Yeti adjustable track bar right from the outset.
I have not seen evidence to suggest that the 68394087AA track bar is any longer than any other of the factory tracking bar's on the JL. In fact, the STAR publication only states that the 68394087AA track bar "features stiffer bushings at the pivot ends".

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Does the sport S have the sway bar disconnect? LOL, does the sport S have a sway bar at all? Sorry, My ignorance with my jeep and what it has and or needs is immeasurable...
Lyle,

No the Rubicon is the only Jeep model with Sway Bar disconnect functionality with a switch from the dash. For all the other trims, they are always mechanically connected unless you disconnect them manually. This requires wrenching them off.

Some Jeepers wrench them off when 4 wheeling and then back on when done. While on-road at highway speeds the sway bars need to be connected in order to help prevent roll. One word of caution, the sway bars should not be permanently disconnected for safety. While off-road at low speeds though, disconnected sway bars provide maximum articulation allowing the greatest possible contact of both front wheels to whatever terrain is encountered.

Fortunately, there are Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Link Kits available that allow Sports and Sahara's to disconnect them. But, they still need to be disconnected and reconnected manually.

I have the Teraflex Quick Disconnect kit and it works pretty well. The sway bars can be disconnected quickly and easily, but contrary to their sales brochure, I find that I still have to crawl under the vehicle to reconnect the driver's side link.

Jay

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Lyle,

No the Rubicon is the only Jeep model with Sway Bar disconnect functionality with a switch from the dash. For all the other trims, they are always mechanically connected unless you disconnect them manually. This requires wrenching them off.

Some Jeepers wrench them off when 4 wheeling and then back on when done. While on-road at highway speeds the sway bars need to be connected in order to help prevent roll. One word of caution, the sway bars should not be permanently disconnected for safety. While off-road at low speeds though, disconnected sway bars provide maximum articulation allowing the greatest possible contact of both front wheels to whatever terrain is encountered.

Fortunately, there are Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Link Kits available that allow Sports and Sahara's to disconnect them. But, they still need to be disconnected and reconnected manually.

I have the Teraflex Quick Disconnect kit and it works pretty well. The sway bars can be disconnected quickly and easily, but contrary to their sales brochure, I find that I still have to crawl under the vehicle to reconnect the driver's side link.

Jay
Thank you...I think someone mentioned needing to fabricate (nothing major, just necessary, from what i understood) a better method of holding the disconnected sway bar ends so they didn't rattle or catch on anything...I didn't quite follow how he did that? or how that part works? Thanks again

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Tell me you have a Rubicon without telling me you have a Rubicon. You’re better than us peasants with sports.

I guess the old CJ’s that have literally gone anywhere, YJ’s and TJ’s as well with their 30/35’s must have not gotten the memo either.

Where have you brought your Rubicon that a sport can’t go?
Can I put 35"s on 17 x 9 wheels? i have 285/70/17's now, that's just under 33 as you already know.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thank you...I think someone mentioned needing to fabricate (nothing major, just necessary, from what i understood) a better method of holding the disconnected sway bar ends so they didn't rattle or catch on anything...I didn't quite follow how he did that? or how that part works? Thanks again
When I was using quick disconnects on my JK, I would just zip tie or velcro strap them out of the way.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The quick disconnects from JKS Manufacturing I have come with holding “studs” that bolt on top of each front spring. When you release the swaybar links, you rotate them 180 degrees up, lock them in place to the upper studs, and secure them with the quick release pins.

It is a clever, simple solution that works well: they are easy to use; the links remain perfectly secure and out of the way.

The holding studs are the ones on top:
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift Reviews J133400-JL?$prodpg640x480$

https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-man...rnu8sjC4WxaJ88ThjXcm5OLdiLob1amRoCotsQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s an excellent video on how the JKS quick disconnects work

JKS added quick release links for JLs with 0-2” lift; that’s a nice touch for anyone who wants to disconnect but doesn’t want to lift their Jeep.

Sponsored

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
When I was using quick disconnects on my JK, I would just zip tie or velcro strap them out of the way.
Ok, just making sure, I'm trying hard to prevent preventable stuff, so much is random bad luck (unpreventable), I'll take care of what I can control, thanks

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
The quick disconnects from JKS Manufacturing I have come with holding “studs” that bolt on top of each front spring. When you release the swaybar links, you rotate them 180 degrees up, lock them in place to the upper studs, and secure them with the quick release pins.

It is a clever, simple solution that works well: they are easy to use; the links remain perfectly secure and out of the way.

The holding studs are the ones on top:
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift Reviews J133400-JL?$prodpg640x480$

https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-man...rnu8sjC4WxaJ88ThjXcm5OLdiLob1amRoCotsQAvD_BwE
Appreciated, and I like the idea that it's designed to solve that very thing...Thanks all for helping me understand what I'm doing, it truly helps to understand the why's and how to's...

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok, just making sure, I'm trying hard to prevent preventable stuff, so much is random bad luck (unpreventable), I'll take care of what I can control, thanks
You'll soon learn that you do one thing, it affects another. It's basically the jeep motto. Lol.

I had the JKS disconnects. They're awesome.

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
You'll soon learn that you do one thing, it affects another. It's basically the jeep motto. Lol.

I had the JKS disconnects. They're awesome.
LOL, I know that's a fact...I have a list of questions that I'm working through slowly so as not to torture Y'all...As you say, A leads to B to C and my list grows, lol...thanks again

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
LOL, I know that's a fact...I have a list of questions that I'm working through slowly so as not to torture Y'all...As you say, A leads to B to C and my list grows, lol...thanks again
This forum is a great resource albeit bad for your wallet. The search function blows though. Your best bet for searching is to use Google :
"JKS disconnects + JLWranglerforum"
That will find what you're looking for.
Sponsored