Mopar 2 inch lift Reviews

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Nope, not yet. I'd also like to know the same thing with the Dynatrac 2 inch lift on an XR equiped JLU.

Adding the Mopar lift to any XR will get you approx an extra half inch up to one inch of height, depending on weight of rig.

the XR coils are about 1.5” taller than standard Rubi

The 2” Mopar nets around 2” to 2.5” inches above a Rubi, depending on weight.

And so, moving from XR to Mopar 2” will net you about a half inch to an inch.

I think you’d gain very little moving from XR to Mopar 2,” in terms of capability. I would however recommend taking the front lower control arms that hare specified for the Mopar 2” and replace the front lower control arms that came oem on your XR. The Mopar 2” lift front lower control arms are a quarter inch longer, and will translate to better steering and road feel.

Imho, the XR suspension is perfect for 35’s. The Mopar 2” lift is not needed to run 35s (ie if you already have the XR), and it’s not enough to get best value from 37s…clearance will be limited, joints are not as flexy as aftermarket , and no adjustable track bars means your front axle will be offset from rear.

Imho, if you have the XR enjoy the suspension and get max use from those 35s. If you have a non XR, put on the Mopar 2” lift to run 35’s with max clearance…and probably add adjustable track bars. Any standard rubicon (or non Rubi) will benefit from the 2" lift to get max capability from 35s.

For 37s….For my money, I’d look at Clayton or MetalCloak lifts in the 2.5” or 3.5” range (3.5 for the win) to get set up for 37s. There are other quality lifts, but I like those two.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
Adding the Mopar lift to any XR will get you approx an extra half inch up to one inch of height, depending on weight of rig.

the XR coils are about 1.5” taller than standard Rubi

The 2” Mopar nets around 2” to 2.5” inches above a Rubi, depending on weight.

And so, moving from XR to Mopar 2” will net you about a half inch to an inch.

I think you’d gain very little moving from XR to Mopar 2,” in terms of capability. I would however recommend taking the front lower control arms that hare specified for the Mopar 2” and replace the front lower control arms that came oem on your XR. The Mopar 2” lift front lower control arms are a quarter inch longer, and will translate to better steering and road feel.

Imho, the XR suspension is perfect for 35’s. The Mopar 2” lift is not needed to run 35s (ie if you already have the XR), and it’s not enough to get best value from 37s…clearance will be limited, joints are not as flexy as aftermarket , and no adjustable track bars means your front axle will be offset from rear.

Imho, if you have the XR enjoy the suspension and get max use from those 35s. If you have a non XR, put on the Mopar 2” lift to run 35’s with max clearance…and probably add adjustable track bars. Any standard rubicon (or non Rubi) will benefit from the 2" lift to get max capability from 35s.

For 37s….For my money, I’d look at Clayton or MetalCloak lifts in the 2.5” or 3.5” range (3.5 for the win) to get set up for 37s. There are other quality lifts, but I like those two.
Thanks. I think the XR package is about perfect for my needs. I don't plan on going larger than 35" tires, and the gearing is spot-on as far as I'm concerned. This JLU will be my daily driver - I've got a built TJ (and 46 Willys CJ2A) for serious off-roading. I may use it for Overlanding too (depends on the trip - currently I use the TJ and pull a small trailer).

I'll probably put a pair of true-tracs in the axles at some point. I've got a Willys edition ordered.

And I may put a 2" lift in it down the road just to put a little more space between the front bumpstop and pad (and I'll admit it - just to give it a little more stance). I've read good things about the Dynatrac 2" lift kit too - haven't decided which I might go with.

I've got a pair of the Mopar 2" lift LCAs sitting in my shop waiting to be installed soon after my new Jeep arrives (should be shipping as we speak). Got them from Rock Auto. Don't know if they'll be hard to get down the road, so I went ahead and ordered a pair.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift Reviews TAT.2

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Thanks. I think the XR package is about perfect for my needs. I don't plan on going larger than 35" tires, and the gearing is spot-on as far as I'm concerned. This JLU will be my daily driver - I've got a built TJ (and 46 Willys CJ2A) for serious off-roading. I may use it for Overlanding too (depends on the trip - currently I use the TJ and pull a small trailer).

I'll probably put a pair of true-tracs in the axles at some point. I've got a Willys edition ordered.

And I may put a 2" lift in it down the road just to put a little more space between the front bumpstop and pad (and I'll admit it - just to give it a little more stance). I've read good things about the Dynatrac 2" lift kit too - haven't decided which I might go with.

I've got a pair of the Mopar 2" lift LCAs sitting in my shop waiting to be installed soon after my new Jeep arrives (should be shipping as we speak). Got them from Rock Auto. Don't know if they'll be hard to get down the road, so I went ahead and ordered a pair.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift Reviews TAT.2
Sounds like a perfect, plan ! I’m jealous of your TJ and CJ , and that scenery!!

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This JLU will be my daily driver - I've got a built TJ (and 46 Willys CJ2A) for serious off-roading. I may use it for Overlanding too (depends on the trip - currently I use the TJ and pull a small trailer).
I upgraded twice, both were 2dr JLs, now I'm in a JLUR. IMHO the perfect overlanding vehicle for rough terrain. I hope my 4Runner/TroopCarrier buddies don't slam me for saying that. :) I'm fine with 35s and the Mopar lift. I plan to get an overlanding trailer in the Fall.

https://revkit.com/donmontalvo

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
Sounds like a perfect, plan ! I’m jealous of your TJ and CJ , and that scenery!!
That picture was taken in Colorado when I was running the TAT. I love my little trailer.

I mentioned I have a 46 Willys. It is painted gray (actually I didn't plan it this way when I went to the auto paint store to pick out a color to paint it, but the color perfectly matches Rusoleum Smoke Gray which I use for touch-ups). My new Willys JLU was ordered in Sting Gray (hopefully will be here this month). Coincidence? Am I trying to kinda make them match?

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift Reviews Willys and trailer.6 (2)

Last edited:

Sponsored

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Anyone know why the Mopar lift comes with new front lower spring isolators? Are they just replacing them as a potential wear item, or is it due to the spring design? As far as I can tell the 68342250 is the stock lower pass isolator but I thought the stock lower driver is 68342245 as opposed to the kit’s 68427380AA.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know why the Mopar lift comes with new front lower spring isolators? Are they just replacing them as a potential wear item, or is it due to the spring design? As far as I can tell the 68342250 is the stock lower pass isolator but I thought the stock lower driver is 68342245 as opposed to the kit’s 68427380AA.
When I got my 2021 JLUR lifted, the box was 77072395AE. I made sure I copied/pasted the photo of the kit into my Wordpress page. It came with spring isolators.

https://donmontalvo.com/2021/08/06/mopar-2-inch-lift/

Strange that the current 77072395AG doesn't include them, the link in my Wordpress page points to the newest revision. I called my Jeep dealer's part department, and he confirmed. He gave me this link, shows the new kit supercedes 77072395, 77072395AB, 77072395AC, 77072395AD, 77072395AE, 77072395AF.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
How do you know 77072395AG doesn’t include them?

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How do you know 77072395AG doesn’t include them?
I'm just going by the Mopar website image, and by what the parts guy at the dealership confirmed. I have no hard evidence.

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Anyone know the difference between 68342245 and 68427380?

Sponsored

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I'm planning on the 2" mopar. I just need adjustable trackbars? Front and rear? Or just the front?
I have the ecodiesel.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning on the 2" mopar. I just need adjustable trackbars? Front and rear? Or just the front?
I have the ecodiesel.
  1. Make sure you get the lift that is specific for the diesel. It will have different spring rates to accommodate the extra weight
  2. Yes, a front track bar. I went with the YETI HD
  3. If you are planning on bigger tires, I’d budget for a beefier steering damper. I got the Fox 2.0. There are others
Good luck.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
  1. Make sure you get the lift that is specific for the diesel. It will have different spring rates to accommodate the extra weight
  2. Yes, a front track bar. I went with the YETI HD
  3. If you are planning on bigger tires, I’d budget for a beefier steering damper. I got the Fox 2.0. There are others
Good luck.
+1 on the Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer…would suggest a relocation bracket too.
https://donmontalvo.com/2021/08/06/mopar-2-inch-lift/

JPWILLY

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLWilly 21 80th
The Rubicon is just a factory installed package that’s been tested and proven to pass the Rubicon Trail as you get it form the dealer. That being said there’s no reason someone can’t take a sport, throw on a lift, tires, and a few other things and be able to do that same Trail. Only difference is the Rubi owner didn’t bother “building” theirs.
Sponsored