Aeronautics Professional
Got the 0-1.5”
Sponsored

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
There is someone here on the forum that has pics of their XR before and after they put the Mopar lift on. It was more noticeable of a difference than you think. I will be swapping my Mopar lift over to my XR when it comes in. I probably wouldn’t buy the Mopar lift for an XR if I didn’t already own it.

OP
OP
Affroe

Affroe

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
There is someone here on the forum that has pics of their XR before and after they put the Mopar lift on. It was more noticeable of a difference than you think. I will be swapping my Mopar lift over to my XR when it comes in. I probably wouldn’t buy the Mopar lift for an XR if I didn’t already own it.
You gotta post pics and measurements when you get it done... we'll all appreciate it..

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You gotta post pics and measurements when you get it done... we'll all appreciate it..
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift on XR rubicon? 2A8EC4EF-5CD5-49BF-946E-6A8BA7FF1362
Last night I had my Mopar 2” lifted Rubi next to my Extreme Recon lifted Rubi both with V6 engines and steel bumper package. I measured the axle to spring spring perch on both to eliminate tires from the equation. The Mopar lift is 1.25” higher in the front and 1.75” higher in the back. So comparing my same measurements stock before Mopar lift went on to the Extreme Recon the Extreme Recon measured 1.5” higher in the front and 0.75” higher in the back. Hope that helps. Finally stock Rubi to Mopar I got 2.75” front and back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Affroe

Affroe

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift on XR rubicon? 2A8EC4EF-5CD5-49BF-946E-6A8BA7FF1362
Last night I had my Mopar 2” lifted Rubi next to my Extreme Recon lifted Rubi both with V6 engines and steel bumper package. I measured the axle to spring spring perch on both to eliminate tires from the equation. The Mopar lift is 1.25” higher in the front and 1.75” higher in the back. So comparing my same measurements stock before Mopar lift went on to the Extreme Recon the Extreme Recon measured 1.5” higher in the front and 0.75” higher in the back. Hope that helps. Finally stock Rubi to Mopar I got 2.75” front and back.
Nice.. so you did get over an inch,that's nice to hear. I mainly want to do it to get a little more articulation out on the trails.. would love to hear from you later about the ride . Did it improve? Or the same or worst

WrongWayB

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
I also have an XR Rubicon. Added steel front and rear bumpers, winch, sliders, etc. I was not happy with the stock suspension with all the add ons. I installed 1.5" Clayton springs with the Fox Performance 2.0 shocks for a 2-3" lift as recommended by Clayton for both front and rear.

The jeep stays much flatter during turns and under hard breaking. I can hit speed bumps at speed. The excess wallowing is gone Freeway driving at 75 mph is perfect. No downside at all and all good.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Very good info, but would you mind sharing the actual numbers from axle to spring perch, instead of the difference on both the XR and Mopar.

For us in the dark wondering the kind of lift we’d get from either set-up

Conman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I also have an XR Rubicon. Added steel front and rear bumpers, winch, sliders, etc. I was not happy with the stock suspension with all the add ons. I installed 1.5" Clayton springs with the Fox Performance 2.0 shocks for a 2-3" lift as recommended by Clayton for both front and rear.

The jeep stays much flatter during turns and under hard breaking. I can hit speed bumps at speed. The excess wallowing is gone Freeway driving at 75 mph is perfect. No downside at all and all good.

Did you get any lift over the XR?

Last edited:

Sponsored

onemoreokie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus GX460, 2021 JLU Rubicon XR

My XR with winch and bumper bottom out the front end so easily. It's painful to take trails at any decent speed. I'm glad to hear of this solution. Can you tell or show us how much up-travel you have to the front bump stops.

Thanks

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very good info, but would you mind sharing the actual numbers from axle to spring perch, instead of the difference on both the XR and Mopar.

For us in the dark wondering the kind of lift we’d get from either set-up
Front I measured from the top of the axle itself to the lip of the upper spring perch. In the back I measured from the top of that rear bump stop pad on the axle to the lip of the upper bump stop mount.
Stock Front 10 3/4 , Rear 5 1/2
Extreme Recon Front 12 1/4, Rear 6 1/4
Mopar Front 13 1/2, Rear 8

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My XR with winch and bumper bottom out the front end so easily. It's painful to take trails at any decent speed. I'm glad to hear of this solution. Can you tell or show us how much up-travel you have to the front bump stops.

Thanks
You know I measured the travel space of my Non XR with 2” of bump stop added compared to the XR with the longer upper bump stop tower and it seems they are very similar. So I think you can assume with the XR you already have 2” of stop added and can stuff a 35 about right and light rubbing with a 37 in the fender.

onemoreokie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus GX460, 2021 JLU Rubicon XR
I’ve only got about a pinky width (less than 1/2 inch) before smacking the bump stop on my XR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift on XR rubicon? 8C0A2577-15EC-4FB9-9A6F-F45730F8C671

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve only got about a pinky width (less than 1/2 inch) before smacking the bump stop on my XR.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift on XR rubicon? 8C0A2577-15EC-4FB9-9A6F-F45730F8C671
Yes. I don’t have my winch installed yet but this is stock XR spacing. Should gain me some room when I get the Mopar springs in.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar 2 inch lift on XR rubicon? EF5CC825-DA4C-4A15-A5F8-D4DCE474F087
Sponsored