Sponsored

Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Any extra components that I need beside the lift kit??

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Do they still require the Mopar lift to be installed by a Jeep/Mopar certified shop for the warranty to stay in place? That lift is a pretty easy job to do yourself I think.
My dealership told me they have to install it,or warranty would be voided.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport s turbo 2.0
I just came from my local dealer. They install the Daystar front coil correction @$59.95 an

I just came from my local Jeep dealer this morning and have an estimate in hand for a 2 inch MOPAR lift and all required add ons. Here's what they suggest:
Lift kit 77072395 AD @ $1270.75 (15% off coupon from Jeep Wave App applied )
KJ09180BK Daystar front coil Corr $59.95
14163 : JL Front adjustable Track Bar 279.95
Labor est $500
what location is that ??? I called my dealership and gave me an estimate of 2800 parts and labor installation. Holly mollie

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
At minimum you will want to add adjustable front track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket. Most will suggest adjustable lower control arms as well to dial in your caster.
I thought the lower control arms that come with the Mopar kit corrrect the caster issue.

xgiguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Unlimited Willys
Occupation
Retired US Army, Retired NC Correctional officer
what location is that ??? I called my dealership and gave me an estimate of 2800 parts and labor installation. Holly mollie
I'm in Southwestern Utah and the dealer is Steven Wade.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
This is a common thing with most dealerships. I was quoted well over $2,500 for labor to install this kit and I did it myself with hand tools over the course of a weekend. I probably would have gotten it done in a day had I not gotten hung up on a control arm bolt that was way overtorqued.

xgiguy's $500 is reasonable for the kit and the extras, but you'll be hard pressed to find a dealership that'll do just the kit itself at that cost.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the lower control arms that come with the Mopar kit corrrect the caster issue.
The fixed length arms that come with kit were designed to work with 2” lift. Every jeep is different but most have seen from 2.5-3.5” lift. My Sport S gained 3.5” lift and with the Mopar LCAs my caster is around 5.2.

xgiguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm in Southwestern Utah and the dealer is Steven Wade.
I forgot to mention that the "My Jeep" android app has a 15% off coupon in it which I used on the purchase price of the lift kit. The coupon was not good on the other items because they are sourced from outside normal Mopar sources.

xgiguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is a common thing with most dealerships. I was quoted well over $2,500 for labor to install this kit and I did it myself with hand tools over the course of a weekend. I probably would have gotten it done in a day had I not gotten hung up on a control arm bolt that was way overtorqued.

xgiguy's $500 is reasonable for the kit and the extras, but you'll be hard pressed to find a dealership that'll do just the kit itself at that cost.

xgiguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm guessing the $500 might be just an estimate but in reality, I'll pay actual labor costs. The dealer did give me a copy of a work order that was completed for someone else that had the actual cost on it. The difference between it and the quote he gave me was the 15% off coupon. They did the actual work on 10/20/2020 so it should be accurate and reflect current pricing. I'll be happy to scan the estimate and post it here if you have a need to see it.

Attachments

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
The fixed length arms that come with kit were designed to work with 2” lift. Every jeep is different but most have seen from 2.5-3.5” lift. My Sport S gained 3.5” lift and with the Mopar LCAs my caster is around 5.2.
if that is common, Mopar should reimburse for the control arms or swap them out

I actually justordered the Mopar instead of the AEV after another member said I wouldn’t need brackets for the new lift since they had control arms.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
if that is common, Mopar should reimburse for the control arms or swap them out

I actually justordered the Mopar instead of the AEV after another member said I wouldn’t need brackets for the new lift since they had control arms.
I will say this. Mine drove pretty well but was looking for a little better high speed highway driving so I picked up a set of adjustable LCAs. Before I could install them the TSB for new steering gear came out so I pursued that first. What I can tell you is that REALLY tightened up what little dead spot I had for highway driving. I still have not installed the LCAs. So if you haven’t done that yet, get it done. You may be fine with the caster setting provided by the Mopar lift LCAs. Just my $.02

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I will say this. Mine drove pretty well but was looking for a little better high speed highway driving so I picked up a set of adjustable LCAs. Before I could install them the TSB for new steering gear came out so I pursued that first. What I can tell you is that REALLY tightened up what little dead spot I had for highway driving. I still have not installed the LCAs. So if you haven’t done that yet, get it done. You may be fine with the caster setting provided by the Mopar lift LCAs. Just my $.02
I have the 2021 JULR, so the TSB can’t be an issue. (At least I would think)

I will look into control arms, but I will wait and see how it does with the mopars first.
Thanks for the info.

sounds like I will need to get the rear track bar bracket and adjustable front track bar at the least.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 2021 JULR, so the TSB can’t be an issue. (At least I would think)

I will look into control arms, but I will wait and see how it does with the mopars first.
Thanks for the info.

sounds like I will need to get the rear track bar bracket and adjustable front track bar at the least.
Front TB for sure. Not only to center your axle, but a much beefier TB will assist with the addition of larger tires. You will appreciate how much sturdier it will feel. :like:
Also - you should have newer cast iron steering gear already. That’s a good thing.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You can always throw a rubicon suspension + spacers to achieve just enough for 35s would be really cheap.

Or if you want a full lift you can get rancho.

I agree with others, just drive it and learn what you really want. dont rush it.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
But hey man. Not trying to sway you one way or the other. Just trying to provide alternative. If you look at cost of Mopar lift, plus adjustable TBs and LCAs you are prob pretty close to same as MC maybe more. Just throwing it out there.

I bought my Sport S used with Mopar lift already installed. I added front TB, adding spring correction pads and LCAs. The ride is pretty nice but if I was doing front start not sure I would have chose piecing it together. Just FYI
Are you still on the Mopar lift? Also which correction pads do I need? I bought the Mopar lift used with o my 5,000 highway miles. I need to get it installed once I find a trackbar
Sponsored