Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Any extra components that I need beside the lift kit??

OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport s turbo 2.0
How is it on and off the road ?? Any saggings ??? Have you taken them on mild to easy trail ??

Advertisement

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
nice rig sir... how they perform on and off the road ?? Any sagging??
Haven't got it off road yet, expect for snow covered mountain roads for elk hunting

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I bought my mopar lift for about $1000.00 on ebay and my Jeep dealer installed it for $600.00 including checking torque twice and two alignments.

I did take it on the rubicon trail this year. no issues

OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport s turbo 2.0
I bought my mopar lift for about $1000.00 on ebay and my Jeep dealer installed it for $600.00 including checking torque twice and two alignments.

I did take it on the rubicon trail this year. no issues
that’s a complete steal you’re lucky man

Razzer

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 jku. 21 jlu
Why does th Mopar lift come with front LCA’s if adjustable will still be needed?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Why does th Mopar lift come with front LCA’s if adjustable will still be needed?
Because the kit is a 2” lift, and the lcas are designed for a 2” lift. The problem is the Mopar often times gives well over the advertised 2” which renders the fixed lcas useless.

Razzer

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 jku. 21 jlu
Because the kit is a 2” lift, and the lcas are designed for a 2” lift. The problem is the Mopar often times gives well over the advertised 2” which renders the fixed lcas useless.
I see. Both front and rear are under stated? I have the diesel, so I'm wondering if your findings are related to gas, diesel, or both. Thx for the info.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I see. Both front and rear are under stated? I have the diesel, so I'm wondering if your findings are related to gas, diesel, or both. Thx for the info.
That’s just been my experience with the gasers, I haven’t installed one on a diesel yet.

Frank Browne

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport-S Willys
I installed the Dynatrac 2" lift kit (coils and shocks), and am very satisfied. It's a true 2" lift, with the shocks dialed in to fully compliment the coils. Rides super smooth and responds great on and off road.

20201014_184241.jpg

20201014_184222.jpg

20201014_184250.jpg

JeepJLU402

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
I installed the Dynatrac 2" lift kit (coils and shocks), and am very satisfied. It's a true 2" lift, with the shocks dialed in to fully compliment the coils. Rides super smooth and responds great on and off road.

20201014_184241.jpg

20201014_184222.jpg

20201014_184250.jpg
What tires size do you have? I’m thinking about going with the Dynatrac lift.

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Can you use the Mopar lift designed for the 2 door on a 4 door to minimize the chance of too much lift?

Frank Browne

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport-S Willys
Bfg ko2 285/75/17... 33 to 34", depending on how much air u run. Picked up a total of 3" lift when all was said and done.

I wanted an all purpose size and really like these, especially the width which needs no spacer for the stock rim offset.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can you use the Mopar lift designed for the 2 door on a 4 door to minimize the chance of too much lift?
I suppose you could, I’ve never tried it. You might run the risk of not getting enough lift. It used to be in the JK days that only the rear springs and shocks were different. Not sure about now.

Kinte

First Name
Kent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep JL Rubi 2.0L; '67 Ford Mustang; '16 BMW R1200GSA
For Mopar, got to get the correct kit for your rig. I did it in stages to save cost. First I got a 2” Mopar lift model specific to my 2 dr JL Rubicon for 2.0L. It provides exactly 2" of lift on my Rubicon, so I'll bet it will provide the lift it is supposed to for your Jeep as long as you get the correct model for your Jeep. Has different springs on each side front depending on model. 3rd party companies don't do that and to me it sounds more exact than providing a single set of springs for all models. I like most of the MC stuff but not the springs as I think they have too many coils taking up some space and I haven't thought much of variable rate coils in the past. Mopar also already has spring corrector seats included in the lift kit. Has pre-tuned Fox shocks which work really well with heavier wheel/tire combos than stock 33" (I do have to plug Fox, a local company that started out with mountain bike and motorcycle forks, and then took off with Ford Raptor Shocks). Mopar has longer lower front control arms to improve caster and this worked well on mine but dialed in further later with MC adjustable. Using the Mopar lift doesn’t void the FCA warranty even if you install it yourself (but then only the installation of the lift won't be warranted if anything goes wrong with that, which rests with the installer, or you). Just install it by the book which is what I did and then drove it for a couple thousand miles with the stock wheels and 33" tires. Rode great on the road. But then I added the 35” tires (BFG KO2) on Mopar bead lock capable 8” x 17” wheels with 12mm offset (perfect for scrub; better clearance than stock which rubbed on the metalcloak tie rod slightly). To ensure higher forces were going to be OK I then added MC adjustable track bars, all 8 control arms, and drag link with tie rod, and Fox adjustable stabilizer, relocated. Had the tire shop align to specs, but with caster at 6. Now rides even better, and is quite capable on trail. Glad it is now all upgraded! It is amazing how fast the stock rubber bushings wear out; mine looked racked when removed for the MC arms. MC bushings included in their control arms and track bars are longer lasting.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Quadratec

Advertisement