Sponsored

Mopar 2 inch lift kit. Any extra components that I need beside the lift kit??

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport s turbo 2.0
I’m planning to do a MOPAR 2in lift kit. Beside the crate. Do I need anything else beside the kit?? Am I going to need steering stabilizers and track bar??? I have a 2020 sport s 2.0 turbo..
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m planning to do a MOPAR 2in lift kit. Beside the crate. Do I need anything else beside the kit?? Am I going to need steering stabilizers and track bar??? I have a 2020 sport s 2.0 turbo..
At minimum you will want to add adjustable front track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket. Most will suggest adjustable lower control arms as well to dial in your caster.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How do you intend on using your Jeep?

How would you like it to perform, both on and off road, compared to stock?

What kind of budget are you working with?

Increasing ride height with lift and taller tires, also increases the leverage forces between tire traction and the frame/body. The Mopar lift gives the height required to fit larger tires, but does absolutely nothing towards strengthening against those forces.

My knee-jerk reaction is to say screw the Mopar all together and look at Metalcloak's 2.5" True Dual Rate lift kit. Much better quality and it has all the immediately necessary parts to give a very solid foundation that can be built on in time.

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At minimum you will want to add adjustable front track bar and a rear track bar relocation bracket. Most will suggest adjustable lower control arms as well to dial in your caster.
thank you. Im trying to shop for it. Do I need a steering stabilizer as well??

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you intend on using your Jeep?

How would you like it to perform, both on and off road, compared to stock?

What kind of budget are you working with?

Increasing ride height with lift and taller tires, also increases the leverage forces between tire traction and the frame/body. The Mopar lift gives the height required to fit larger tires, but does absolutely nothing towards strengthening against those forces.

My knee-jerk reaction is to say screw the Mopar all together and look at Metalcloak's 2.5" True Dual Rate lift kit. Much better quality and it has all the immediately necessary parts to give a very solid foundation that can be built on in time.
thank you for the reply right now I’m still shopping in for the lift, wheels, and tires I was thinking mopar 2inch.
And my intended to use my jeep is my daily driver so I’m the road and once a month wheeling (fire trail and trails nothing to crazy)

and perform I would like a ride like the stock right now softness and comfortability,

and my budget is 5k

and planning to put 35s on it.
My shop reccomended the mopar coz the metalcloack will need maintainance but Accroding to you you reccomended metalcloack. I just want my mods to be close to perfect. Any help inputs will be appreciated

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
thank you. Im trying to shop for it. Do I need a steering stabilizer as well??
Not really. If you haven’t purchased yet, you may want to seriously consider @Headbarcode suggestion above. Great kit with everything needed.

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really. If you haven’t purchased yet, you may want to seriously consider @Headbarcode suggestion above. Great kit with everything needed.
So what do you reccomend now? I’m looking to do this ASAP.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So what do you reccomend now? I’m looking to do this ASAP.
Does your shop offer MC? That is what was referenced above.

Metalcloak's 2.5" True Dual Rate lift kit

looks like it would be approx $1700 with their shocks.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
But hey man. Not trying to sway you one way or the other. Just trying to provide alternative. If you look at cost of Mopar lift, plus adjustable TBs and LCAs you are prob pretty close to same as MC maybe more. Just throwing it out there.

I bought my Sport S used with Mopar lift already installed. I added front TB, adding spring correction pads and LCAs. The ride is pretty nice but if I was doing front start not sure I would have chose piecing it together. Just FYI

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does your shop offer MC? That is what was referenced above.

Metalcloak's 2.5" True Dual Rate lift kit

looks like it would be approx $1700 with their shocks.
yes my shop recommended metalcloack 3.5 not 2.5... the metalcloack I found is without the shocks.. can you please send me a link on that ?? And do I need steering stabilizer still?? Or track bar will do it??

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
yes my shop recommended metalcloack 3.5 not 2.5... the metalcloack I found is without the shocks.. can you please send me a link on that ?? And do I need steering stabilizer still?? Or track bar will do it??
Remember most lift companies list there lift sizes based on Rubicons. You will most likely get more than 2.5. Prob close to 4”. Metalcloak is a member/sponsor on here. You should DM him and discuss what you are looking for. The shocks I was referencing is their long travel RockSports. Here is link from their site - you choose options to get shocks.
https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-2-5-true-dual-rate-suspension-system-lift-kit.html

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But hey man. Not trying to sway you one way or the other. Just trying to provide alternative. If you look at cost of Mopar lift, plus adjustable TBs and LCAs you are prob pretty close to same as MC maybe more. Just throwing it out there.

I bought my Sport S used with Mopar lift already installed. I added front TB, adding spring correction pads and LCAs. The ride is pretty nice but if I was doing front start not sure I would have chose piecing it together. Just FYI
thank you for that very helpful input.. so should I go with metalcloack then instead of the mopar?? So I’m going to need trackbar, and lower control arms then?? Do you have a pic of your rig.. I’m all new to this modifications in jeep.. and my budget is 5k...the Jeep specialty shop charging me 6 hour labor 135/hour plus alignment the good thing about that shop they are specializing jeeps and the other one I found a shop he did a few jeeps before but I have to bring my own parts that’s why I’m asking what else I need and he is only charging me 340 to install everything. ( he did my buddies jeep) my budget 5k lift , tires and wheels tires are 1550 then wheels rocktrix 700 plus installation mount and dismount and balancing.. I just don’t want to to waste my 5k earned money

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
MC is great and all, but wouldn't it be better idea to slap on the Mopar lift, so the warranty doesn't get voided? In that case if you do end up breaking another part, that is covered. Just a thought.

OP
OP

Mpla757

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember most lift companies list there lift sizes based on Rubicons. You will most likely get more than 2.5. Prob close to 4”. Metalcloak is a member/sponsor on here. You should DM him and discuss what you are looking for. The shocks I was referencing is their long travel RockSports. Here is link from their site - you choose options to get shocks.
https://metalcloak.com/jl-wrangler-2-5-true-dual-rate-suspension-system-lift-kit.html
Yes that’s the one I found.. if I get this I guess I cannot use my old shocks huh?? I guess I’m gonna need a aftermarket shocks too right?? I will find it the metalcloack member/sponsor here and get some inputs... yea I have the 2.0 sport s unlimited

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
OP, Mopar lift works fine for most folks(normal trails and street) and I like mine ,very good ride. Ebay has the crate for $1100 which leaves you money for a front adjustable TB, rear TB relocation bracket and adj, frt. LCA.
The problem I have with MC lifts is they flex to much which leads to driveshaft replacement(there recommendation) and aftermarket wheels that stick the tires past the fenders and screws up the scrub radius( bad for bearings and ball joints). Many folks get tire rub on the stock fender liners and remove them with the added expense of after market inner fender liners.
Sponsored

Last edited: