Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Hey Folks,

Any advice for or against going with the Mopar 2” suspension lift? I’ve read a ton on here about spring issues but wanted to create a more focused discussion on this mod. I am looking to do a lift soon and wondering if it’s worth the money?

Thoughts on going with this or buying a nice Leveling Kit? Does a 2” Leveling Kit give as much clearance as the 2” Mopar Lift?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Q’s JLUR

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
The mopar lift definitely adds more than 2" of lift . Some have even reported getting 3-3.5" of lift out of it.
Thanks for the info. That sound like a lot. My dilemma is I would like to run 35” inch tires but I don’t like the way they look tucked on the stock suspension plus you loose some flex opportunities if you’re off road. I wish I knew what it would look like with the Mopar Lift vs just a 2” Leveling Kit.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting the Mopar Lift in 2 days. Here are a few of the reasons I went with the lift v.s. the "leveling kit":

1. My dealer stated the drivetrain warranty "can" be affected by the addition of ANY lift other than a Mopar lift ... of course, it has to also be installed by them.

2. My dealer stated that the drivetrain warranty would likely be affected by using spacers or leveling kits.

3. You only gain the height advantage from the kit, the lift upgrades the entire suspension (FOX 2.0 shocks, linkage bars, and new springs), thereby giving you greater articulation.
I've had it, and I'm finally done replacing everything that the mopar kit came with last week. The problem is it's marketed as a 2" lift but in many cases raises the vehicle North of 3" which creates issues(because you'll need more parts for a better ride). Plenty of conversation on this forum about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Q’s JLUR

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Rancho and synergy are both just off the top of my head options that have 2" springs that would go well with 35s.
Thanks! If I go with springs it would still void warranty right?

OP
OP
Q’s JLUR

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I've had it, and I'm finally done replacing everything that the mopar kit came with last week. The problem is it's marketed as a 2" lift but in many cases raises the vehicle North of 3" which creates issues(because you'll need more parts for a better ride). Plenty of conversation on this forum about it.
Could you guide me toward any up to date threads about the lift? All of the bad stuff I read about the spring bow was from last year I think. A lot of people have said the same about it being more than 2”.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Could you guide me toward any up to date threads about the lift? All of the bad stuff I read about the spring bow was from last year I think. A lot of people have said the same about it being more than 2”.
I think I came off a little wrong on how I talked about the mopar lift it. It's a good kit, but incomplete. You really want to get control arms and front and rear track bars to have a fully finished lift with it. That itself could raise the price $600+ at the absolute cheapest.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I'm getting the Mopar Lift in 2 days. Here are a few of the reasons I went with the lift v.s. the "leveling kit":

1. My dealer stated the drivetrain warranty "can" be affected by the addition of ANY lift other than a Mopar lift ... of course, it has to also be installed by them.

2. My dealer stated that the drivetrain warranty would likely be affected by using spacers or leveling kits.

3. You only gain the height advantage from the kit, the lift upgrades the entire suspension (FOX 2.0 shocks, linkage bars, and new springs), thereby giving you greater articulation.
Sounds like you need to find a new dealership. They are using scare tactics to get you to spend money with them. If they would void your drivetrain warranty over a 2 inch spacer lift they are sketchy. Adding a couple of pucks won't cause any issues...

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

Your dealership is full of shit.

OP
OP
Q’s JLUR

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I think I came off a little wrong on how I talked about the mopar lift it. It's a good kit, but incomplete. You really want to get control arms and front and rear track bars to have a fully finished lift with it. That itself could raise the price $600+ at the absolute cheapest.
Thanks for the honest feedback. I’ve been looking at the Teraflex kits too.

OP
OP
Q’s JLUR

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer

This does sound a little like the dealer is blowing smoke. I’ve added a leveling kit to every truck I’ve ever owned and they never voided any type of warranty. The dealer I bought the Rubi from also said that any Leveling Kit (spacers) are not going to void any warranty requirements. The only suspension lift they cover is the Mopar Lift though for obvious reasons.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible that the Mopar lift is a true 2 inches if done on a Rubi, but closer to 3.5 in on the sport or Sahara since the Rubi is already taller?