Sponsored

Mopar 2” lift, upgrade to...?

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have 2018 jlu rubicon with the 2” mopar lift. got it early at cost with cheap dealer install since it was their first unit and they wanted to try one. But I have wondered if it is worth upgrading To one of the better lifts out their. Mostly street driven but we go off road a few times a year. I don’t go looking to tackle the hardest line, but like making sure I can easily handle the trails we go on with More confidence and less stress. The mopar is ok, I hade aev on my previously and thought that was a bit better. Appreciate thoughts
Sponsored

drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2018 jlu rubicon with the 2” mopar lift. got it early at cost with cheap dealer install since it was their first unit and they wanted to try one. But I have wondered if it is worth upgrading To one of the better lifts out their. Mostly street driven but we go off road a few times a year. I don’t go looking to tackle the hardest line, but like making sure I can easily handle the trails we go on with More confidence and less stress. The mopar is ok, I hade aev on my previously and thought that was a bit better. Appreciate thoughts
I have the Metal Cloak 3.5 game changer and love it. It rides nice on the road and the flex on the trail is outstanding. Just my 2cents.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you like how the Mopar lift springs ride, you could just add all 4 sets of adjustable control arms (adds more flex and gets rid of the crappy stock Clevite bushings) and front and rear adjustable track bars and call it a day. With these parts, you can dial in your caster, center your axle, and have much stronger control arms for when you go off road. If you're wanting more flex/articulation after adding the control arms, dial in your bumpstop and shock lengths.

This would be the cheapest and easiest method, since you already have the springs.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I like #limeade thinking but remember the Fox shocks included in the MOPAR lift are designed to only allow so much droop. This was on purpose as to not destroy the front driveshaft. Some proper shocks would be needed for true flexing; a front driveshaft would be in that mix also. If you think the ride and height is where you want to stay then it would be a very decent option, just add some Core 4X4 arms and go. If you think you want a little taller then springs may well be in the equation.

OP
OP
C5er

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The Reason I bring this up is after a couple years I driving as is I finally am getting around to finishing it off. I was just about to order steer smarts front and rear adjustable track bars. And that got me thinking of whether I should piece meal improvements to what I have vs upgrade to a set of match components. The ride height is ok. The ride is a bit rough, I think mostly to the nitto ridge e load rating.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Reason I bring this up is after a couple years I driving as is I finally am getting around to finishing it off. I was just about to order steer smarts front and rear adjustable track bars. And that got me thinking of whether I should piece meal improvements to what I have vs upgrade to a set of match components. The ride height is ok. The ride is a bit rough, I think mostly to the nitto ridge e load rating.
Check your tire pressure also - lowering by 5-10 can make the ride a lot better, with 37's I run 28-30 lbs before Igot the tazer it was at 40 due to the TPMS and was rough, down to 28 and its nice and smooth, I have the Mopar 2" lift also.
Sponsored