Sponsored

Mopar 2” lift or something else?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I forgot to mention I have the rubicon shocks but they’re not installed because I didn’t get the rest of the parts with them. Just the shocks alone.
My stock Rubicon had a front and rear shock failure(leaks) inside of 3,000 miles. They didn’t like the long washboard trails found in Death Valley, Ca. and other SouthWest back roads.
I suggest the Mopar lift online for $1100 or less and add...
RockKrawler frt. spring pads
an adjustable frt. Track Bar
SuperLift rear T.B. relocation bracket
You'll spend about $1,400
BTW, I've been running the Mopar lift for 6,000 miles and mostly off-road. For the price and doing trails rated as moderate, I find it very good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cgs1967

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
FYI, If you buy a Mopar Lift from Ebay, even if it is from a dealership, Mopar will NOT honor the warranty.
My mopar lift, wheels and tires go on this Friday. I went to my Jeep service department and asked them if I bought my Mopar lift from a Mopar dealership off Ebay would it be covered under warranty? They said absolutely it is covered. They said if you have a problem with any part of the lift to bring it in and they will take care of it. It depends on your dealership.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
For the price I think this would be your best kit without shocks, but you could add some Fox shocks for total of about 1500 with a few other accessories. My personal opinion is Synergy makes some of the best springs on the market.
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-2-inch-lift-starter-system.html?category_id=4980
I just clicked your link and wow $160 to add shock relocation brackets? That seems crazy to me. $795 for the kit without shocks and adding relocation brackets adds $160 to put it at $955. That’s almost as much as a whole rough country 2.5 inch spacer lift kit that includes the relocation brackets along with the rest of the kit for $200.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Do you guys think the mopar 2” lift is worth $1,495? Dealership just quoted me that price. I’ll instal it myself.
Buy the cheapest one you can find off eBay is what I did. Was $1095 vs $1495. You can get all corrected parts under that price. (Track bar, tb bracket and front spring perches)

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
My mopar lift, wheels and tires go on this Friday. I went to my Jeep service department and asked them if I bought my Mopar lift from a Mopar dealership off Ebay would it be covered under warranty? They said absolutely it is covered. They said if you have a problem with any part of the lift to bring it in and they will take care of it. It depends on your dealership.
That just means the dealership will eat the cost or lie to Mopar to have warranty coverage so they can get the business from you. But what is the likelihood of a part going bad? Who knows ...

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
But $160 for shock extensions? That seems excessive. May as well buck up another $240 and get bilsteins at that point. Damn near halfway to full on shocks.
The fronts are extensions, but the rear are adjustable, with the ability to trim the excess to gain ground clearance and fine tune your shocks. They aren’t “just shock extensions”. I get it though. Quality is expensive.

CUOFFRD

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For those running the 2.5” spacer kits on Rubicons, will this clear 37s? My wife daily drives her’s to work and it sees little to no off-roading. We do have three teenage kids that ride in the backseat though.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I have a 19 two door sport with 33” ridge grapplers. I’m still on stock sport suspension. Just getting some opinions to see if I should get the mopar 2” lift or go with something else. Don’t want to get too crazy expensive. Jeep is my daily driver but I still do and plan on doing some easy to moderate trails. Nothing extreme tho. Also what is the max lift I can go before I have to start messing with the driveshaft?
I'm thinking Mopar as well. The other ones are over or under sprung for cargo. How do you use your Jeep, do you load it down with camping gear? I tend to pack it full of stuff but not overly so like some overlanders. Over 400lbs cargo the Dynatrac bottoms out easily; the AEV kicks you in the rear if you don't have enough weight. There is no clear answer from any adventuring/camping 2 door owner that I've seen.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
For those running the 2.5” spacer kits on Rubicons, will this clear 37s? My wife daily drives her’s to work and it sees little to no off-roading. We do have three teenage kids that ride in the backseat though.
Absolutely. I ran the rough country spacer lift with same setup before buying my mopar lift. Here’s a few pics. Still wheeled it pretty good too.

0DA7B35A-6A99-4348-A8C5-C3884B5A4485.jpeg

E8B95637-2631-43C5-8ED4-34D530116AFF.jpeg

2C3E3576-F8AA-4331-B205-5594D03B4B33.jpeg

D6925432-4CBB-4DA5-866F-6FDA9159C327.jpeg

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You can definitely run 37’s on a rubicon with a 2.5” spacer lift. I did for a short time and wheeled it pretty hard. With 2” bump stop extensions I only had some rubbing on the plastic fender liners

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I have a 19 two door sport with 33” ridge grapplers. I’m still on stock sport suspension. Just getting some opinions to see if I should get the mopar 2” lift or go with something else. Don’t want to get too crazy expensive. Jeep is my daily driver but I still do and plan on doing some easy to moderate trails. Nothing extreme tho. Also what is the max lift I can go before I have to start messing with the driveshaft?
Mopar lift sucks.

noreserve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sport