johny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Hey everyone
Just joined the page and I was hoping if you could chime in on this question so I can make a better decision.
My JL will be a daily driver and I wanted to lift it about 2 inches to put 35s.
I was wondering if I really need a Mopar lift kit or if the pucks that Reddy Lift offers would be sufficient. Also being a 2021 JL I am wondering if this would void the warranty through manufacture.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey everyone
Just joined the page and I was hoping if you could chime in on this question so I can make a better decision.
My JL will be a daily driver and I wanted to lift it about 2 inches to put 35s.
I was wondering if I really need a Mopar lift kit or if the pucks that Reddy Lift offers would be sufficient. Also being a 2021 JL I am wondering if this would void the warranty through manufacture.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/suspension-steering-chassis.22/

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The ReadyLift will get you 2 actual inches, the Mopar lift will get you 2.5-3.5” depending on application.

What model and configuration of Jeep are you planning on getting?

OP
OP

johny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
The ReadyLift will get you 2 actual inches, the Mopar lift will get you 2.5-3.5” depending on application.

What model and configuration of Jeep are you planning on getting?
I have a 2021 JL Willys. I was planning on putting 20” rims with 35s(falken wild peaks) but looks like a ton of people are experiencing DW with certain (Mopar)lifts and configurations.
So I’m wondering if I should just ditch the idea of lifting it and just stick to 33 with a negative offset to poke out 1 inch past fender.

Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Damn, 20" wheels, "poke". I'm out of this thread.
The guy still needs help. While I would not do 20's that doesn't prevent him from going off-road. Plenty of people on 20's are taking their Jeeps out. Just not quite as crazy trails. And often new owners will graduate and start wanting to do more. So cut him some slack! We all want some "poke" more or less.

OP... I'd go with the spacer kit. It is likely to not change much in terms of steering geometry and gives you exactly 2" which is plenty for 35's. I do say look at 17" rims however. Wheel choice, cost, and overall ability are increase by going down in size. 20" wheels and tires are going to cost significantly more and give you way less options on wheels/tires.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The guy still needs help. While I would not do 20's that doesn't prevent him from going off-road. Plenty of people on 20's are taking their Jeeps out. Just not quite as crazy trails. And often new owners will graduate and start wanting to do more. So cut him some slack! We all want some "poke" more or less.

OP... I'd go with the spacer kit. It is likely to not change much in terms of steering geometry and gives you exactly 2" which is plenty for 35's. I do say look at 17" rims however. Wheel choice, cost, and overall ability are increase by going down in size. 20" wheels and tires are going to cost significantly more and give you way less options on wheels/tires.
I know. It's just that I'm not going to be much help. I'm absolutely against "poke" and no/extremely cut fenders. I got passed by a guy in a JK years ago with bobbed fenders and lot's of "poke" (damn stupid term) that just showered me with rocks. Thought for sure my windshield was broken. Down the road he went while I checked for damage.

20" wheels is preference I guess. But they are heavy, damage easier, cost more and in most cases look disproportionate to the Jeep. Some people like the cartoon look of big wheels that stick out. And that's okay. It's just that I can be of no help in this thread, so now I'm out.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
While I cannot agree with anyone doing 20s. They have absolutely no benefitial attributes and can make your Jeep ride and perform worse. I think that you will be fine with the spacer kit, but you can make it better with the Mopar lower control arms and they can be had for very cheap.

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Check out the AEV 2" spacer lift...from what I have researched seems like a quality kit for way less than actual lift system. Leaning this way myself when I go to 35" tires.

Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I have a 2021 JL Willys. I was planning on putting 20” rims with 35s(falken wild peaks) but looks like a ton of people are experiencing DW with certain (Mopar)lifts and configurations.
So I’m wondering if I should just ditch the idea of lifting it and just stick to 33 with a negative offset to poke out 1 inch past fender.
I wasn't going to do a lift because my suspension was fine. Got the DW on stock suspension, and decided to get the 2.5 MOPAR Lift. I love the lift and 35" tires. Would recommend it!

OP
OP

johny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
While I cannot agree with anyone doing 20s. They have absolutely no benefitial attributes and can make your Jeep ride and perform worse. I think that you will be fine with the spacer kit, but you can make it better with the Mopar lower control arms and they can be had for very cheap.
Thanks for not agreeing on the idea, but still providing actual helpful input as to why it’s not a good idea. It’s feedback like yours that actual provide benefit and make someone rethink their options. 👍

OP
OP

johny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL

Really appreciate the input, this will be my daily driver and exactly as you mentioned, as the Jeep gets older I am planning on making it my toy and than upgrading it completely and will certainly go down in size. But from the few that actually provided helpful input, I can see that I might as well stick to 17 or 18 and have the 3-2 extra inches of rubber.
Also thanks for sticking up about the cutting some slack, most people forget that 70-80% of Jeep owners never actually hit the dirt.
Sponsored