Mopar 2” lift lift on sport

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
I know I have probably missed the other posts about this. So I apologize in advance. I have a sport with 2.5 in rc spacer. I am wondering if the mopar 2” lift will actually give me 3.5? Will this get me an extra 1–1.5 of lift over my spacer lift? I am on 35” tires. I can’t afford a metal cloak suspension at moment but I could probably swing mopar since they are easier to find also.

5D5CEAE0-0971-4606-A032-813644E22CCA.jpeg
Sponsored

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is that 2.5" spacer with sport suspension or rubicon suspension?

If sport suspension it should get you at least another 1" if not more. I've also heard people say it can give a rubicon around 3" so if you have rubicon suspension it may only get you another .5" compared to the spacer lift.

OP
OP

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn’t planning on keeping the spacer after the mopar lift. I want maximum lift without looking disproportionate with 35” inch tires. I shouldn’t go 37” with sport axels.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn’t planning on keeping the spacer after the mopar lift. I want maximum lift without looking disproportionate with 35” inch tires. I shouldn’t go 37” with sport axels.
Yeah I figured you weren't planning on keeping the spacers. You should get another 1-2" with the mopar lift since I believe it is based off the stock rubicon height.

37s with sport fenders will likely smash them if you do any offroading and disconnect the sway bar links. I have 37s right now and had the rubicon takeoffs and 2.5" spacer. It was ok on the street but wouldn't be able to off-road.

I have the 3.5" rk lift right now and stock sport fenders but wouldn't do any offroading without switching to the rubi fenders at least. I will be putting those on in the next week or two.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind. The next step up you will need to start adding additional items that are not included in Mopar Lift like front Adjustable Track Bar, rear track bar bracket or adj TB and most likely front adjustable lower control arms. Depending on your use you may be better off adding Rubi takeoff (springs/shocks) to your existing spacers and add the other parts mentioned above individually.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind. The next step up you will need to start adding additional items that are not included in Mopar Lift like front Adjustable Track Bar, rear track bar bracket or adj TB and most likely front adjustable lower control arms. Depending on your use you may be better off adding Rubi takeoff (springs/shocks) to your existing spacers and add the other parts mentioned above individually.
True you could do the rubi takeoffs and gain another 1"+ and keep the spacers. Going up you may need to change out LCAs and track bars. I ran the rubi takeoffs with 2.5" spacer lift with the mopar longer LCAs and didn't have any issues. I also didn't utilize adjustable track bars at the time and it seemed to work out well for a long time.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
True you could do the rubi takeoffs and gain another 1"+ and keep the spacers. Going up you may need to change out LCAs and track bars. I ran the rubi takeoffs with 2.5" spacer lift with the mopar longer LCAs and didn't have any issues. I also didn't utilize adjustable track bars at the time and it seemed to work out well for a long time.
This is exactly why I mentioned alternate option. Bought mine used with Mopar lift already installed. IMO - Not sure I would spend the money doing Mopar lift from the start and add the additional pieces. All in the price is probably pretty close to doing the 3.5 RK you are running now.

OP
OP

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great input. Thank you for your help. I’m thinking I’ll just be patient save money and wait for metalcloak or Clayton lift.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Great input. Thank you for your help. I’m thinking I’ll just be patient save money and wait for metalcloak or Clayton lift.
Forum member discounts are always available as well! :like:
Sponsored