Mopar 2” Lift Installed

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
A few questions if you do not mind. Firstly, although advertised as 2" how much of an actually lift did you get? Closer to 3"? How does it perform on road/highway vs the stock suspension? Not off road just day to day city and highway driving? Lastly what's this RK pads I keep hearing about now?
Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I agree with the bump stop, it’s a pain in the butt to remove, I ended up using a small strap wrench to keep it from spinning. It’s basically a small version of a oil filter wrench with a rubber strap that will hold on to almost anything you put it on

OP
OP
Csward12

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
A few questions if you do not mind. Firstly, although advertised as 2" how much of an actually lift did you get? Closer to 3"? How does it perform on road/highway vs the stock suspension? Not off road just day to day city and highway driving? Lastly what's this RK pads I keep hearing about now?
I did get closer to 3, but it will lower some once bumpers and winch are installed. Road mannners are great, and a bit softer in my opinion. The RK are the correction pads that the front springs sit on, and are better quality than the Mopar pads that come with the kit. Hope this helps.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Waiting said:
@Csward12
Is there a separate set of springs for the front and for the rear; or, are there four different springs for each corner?
Also, what wheels are those?

There are 4 individual springs per Jeep, motor,trans,options,bumpers etc determines what springs are used in each corner

OP
OP
Csward12

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
3C31B072-49C7-49F1-A48A-3728240FD1B9.png
Waiting said:
@Csward12
Is there a separate set of springs for the front and for the rear; or, are there four different springs for each corner?
Also, what wheels are those?

There are 4 individual springs per Jeep, motor,trans,options,bumpers etc determines what springs are used in each corner
Four different springs, four different part numbers. The wheels are ProComp 7069’s

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
@richk225 , in your profile pic, are you running 35's on those Mopar wheels without a lift?

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry for the delay, yes they are Mopar Gladiator wheels 17x8.5 with BFG KM3 35`s and no Lift at all. Mopar does have some decent looking rims, even bead locks

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question, if I order the Mopar 2" lift online and have a local shop install it how does the warranty work? On parts? labor? vehicle manufacturer warranty? I'm a little confused...

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Question, if I order the Mopar 2" lift online and have a local shop install it how does the warranty work? On parts? labor? vehicle manufacturer warranty? I'm a little confused...
If you go over to the mopar site and read their warranty information for performance parts it does state the kit must be installed by a mopar certified technician. Again your mileage may vary depending on your dealer.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you go over to the mopar site and read their warranty information for performance parts it does state the kit must be installed by a mopar certified technician. Again your mileage may vary depending on your dealer.
Ouch, so it must be installed by a dealer...

Sponsored

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
Ouch, so it must be installed by a dealer...
Many who installed their own are getting them covered under warranty. I honestly think with the RK pad you wont need any warranty assistance as the kit is pretty solid. If you were to have a dealer install the lift it shouldn't be that costly as the labor guide says it takes 2.5 hours to install.

Mine rides great city and hiway , very happy.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many who installed their own are getting them covered under warranty. I honestly think with the RK pad you wont need any warranty assistance as the kit is pretty solid. If you were to have a dealer install the lift it shouldn't be that costly as the labor guide says it takes 2.5 hours to install.

Mine rides great city and hiway , very happy.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...-rock-krawler-front-spring-pad-correction-kit

Is it this? and only 2 for the front?

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, sorry I should of linked it.
I'm sorry last question. Did Mopar fix it with the new 2" lifts? Is this only for the kits before a certain time?