Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
18326D9F-E7C4-45E3-8AF5-C2709E20B391.jpeg
719CD5CC-7CEA-4C41-B392-72CB7901BA1E.jpeg
First off, I love my JL. 7th Jeep overall with a 2010 JK and 2014 JK RUBIS in the books. I have had essentially no problems and don’t consider this a real problem but wonder if anyone else has a shock issue with the Mopar lift Fox Shocks. I had the lift installed as soon as it arrived with less than 20 miles on it. I have the new spring perches installed. I spend 75% off my time on roads other than pavement and noticed fluid coming out of the passenger shock(will post a pic when it’s light). If this is an issue like Fabtech had with their Stealth shock a while back then I will get the replacement shock, sell the set and upgrade to a reservoir shock. The leak can be seen dripping out of the seal. Anyone else have this issue or is there another thread?
Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
That looks like more than just a leak. I would contact Mopar or Fox and see what the warranty is on these.

OP
OP
TopPinArcher

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
That looks like more than just a leak. I would contact Mopar or Fox and see what the warranty is on these.
It’s all warrantied, the shock is ordered and will be installed in a couple days. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue. It’s the first I’ve ever had with Fox

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
It’s all warrantied, the shock is ordered and will be installed in a couple days. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue. It’s the first I’ve ever had with Fox
Just wondering who you bought the lift from and if it was them or someone else you contacted for the replacement part. Thinking of saving almost $300 on one of those internet storefronts that only sell Mopar parts online, but don't know how well their customer support may be after the sale. Wondering if its better to go with a proven supplier such as Quadratec or CJPony, pay a little more for the peace of mind. I know they both have excellent CS through experience.

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver
Just wondering who you bought the lift from and if it was them or someone else you contacted for the replacement part. Thinking of saving almost $300 on one of those internet storefronts that only sell Mopar parts online, but don't know how well their customer support may be after the sale. Wondering if its better to go with a proven supplier such as Quadratec or CJPony, pay a little more for the peace of mind. I know they both have excellent CS through experience.
If it helps, most of those internet storefronts are usually a dealership parts department. You can google their contact information to find out who they are.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TopPinArcher

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
It’s under warranty so won’t cost anything

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
18326D9F-E7C4-45E3-8AF5-C2709E20B391.jpeg
719CD5CC-7CEA-4C41-B392-72CB7901BA1E.jpeg
First off, I love my JL. 7th Jeep overall with a 2010 JK and 2014 JK RUBIS in the books. I have had essentially no problems and don’t consider this a real problem but wonder if anyone else has a shock issue with the Mopar lift Fox Shocks. I had the lift installed as soon as it arrived with less than 20 miles on it. I have the new spring perches installed. I spend 75% off my time on roads other than pavement and noticed fluid coming out of the passenger shock(will post a pic when it’s light). If this is an issue like Fabtech had with their Stealth shock a while back then I will get the replacement shock, sell the set and upgrade to a reservoir shock. The leak can be seen dripping out of the seal. Anyone else have this issue or is there another thread?
Might want to swap the spring pad while you are at it, that thing is collapsed pretty bad. the RockKrawler pad will not collapse like that.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Had that happen with a Fox IFP shock on my JK years ago. Not sure how it happed, but noticed it the day we were leaving Moab so figured it happed sometime over the preceding week while out on the trails.
Sponsored