Sponsored

Monster Valve Install (no tap)

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE 20th
Folks using Monster Valves, in specifically the version you dont use the tap, how did you install them?

Its supposed to be easier, but you have to take the tire off the wheel from my understanding of it.
No known Jeep/4x4 shops where I am. I talked to a guy from Les Schwab and when I got the the part about drilling a hole in the wheel he gave me the impression he thought I was insane.

Any recommendations as to how to get this done? If I dont hear of anything better, I suppose Ill try taking the tires off the wheels myself, and trying to get them back on using the ratchet strap method. There has to be a better way; this has to have been done before.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Beadlocks? If beadlocks take the ring off and break tire loose and reach in? Never installed the Monster valve but seems like you should be able to. Let us know how it turned out.

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE 20th
No, not beadlocks.

It didn't go well. Every corporate chain place I called said no way. Finally found a private shop that would do it. Took it in and the guy told me there wasn't enough room for him to install it and also have the chuck fit.

Apparently Ill be looking at new wheels before next winter.

Photo May 07, 12 17 39 PM.jpg

Photo May 07, 12 17 49 PM.jpg

Photo May 07, 12 17 54 PM.jpg
Sponsored