aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Hello!
I’ve been reading a lot, and posting some, while I waited to get my new JL. I had a ‘17 JKUR that I bought last June (the beginning of my “mid life crisis” according to my family). Unfortunately, it had an unrepairable water leak, and after many attempts and a long lemon law case, I returned it to FCA on Saturday.

Sunday I bought my new JLU! - ‘18 Sport S, 6-speed, in black. I got a good deal on it (16% under MSRP) and got the dealer to roll the 2” Mopar lift into the loan. I was leaning toward ordering a stripped Rubicon in bikini pearl. After lots of discussion and research I realized that for the same or less $, I could customize a Sport and get almost to where I would be with the Rubicon. Some things will be nicer (bigger tires) and some less good (axles, skid plates etc).

Most of my driving will be in town and highway, but I live in AZ and will definitely be hitting rides in Sedona and other great trails. So I want to be comfortable and confident out there on the dirt and rock!

A little about me: I just turned 50 a few weeks ago. Yay!
I’m pretty old school, conservative, traditional. I stay home and have homeschooled our now 19 and 16 yo daughters for many years. We also became foster parents 3 years ago and it’s looking like we will get to adopt our 1.5 yo daughter and have guardianship of our 2.5 yo son. Love those 2 babies!

So, it’s kinda like a do-over but I'm a bit older and wiser this time. I’m beyond thankful for these little cuties, but realized putting “me” on hold til they are grown would be another 17 years! So thus began my “mid-life crisis” :). My family has been wonderful and supportive of me expressing myself more and are enjoying the ride too!

I’ll be making some changes to my new JLU Sport S. I figured it would be fun to post a thread on here as I build up my rig.

I ordered new wheels (17” Raceline Clutch) and tires (35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers) today. They should be here the end of the week? We’ll see. Discount Tire is great, and I hope I love them on as much as I think I will!

Then I’ll take it into the dealer for my 2” Mopar lift and the recalibration (which is why I’m doing the tires first).

After that I’m looking into a vinyl wrap. Not 100% sure about that yet, but I have a few ideas! :)

I’m new to off-roading, but excited to get out there and enjoy this beautiful area! Feel free to offer any advice, or ask any questions!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Here are som pics of where we are right now. All stock, but still pretty nice looking! :) the last pic is me and my son, once I got the keys yesterday :).

917D8622-2923-483B-AEA0-00F5BA0B1FF0.jpeg

CD323400-D97F-4148-8135-796BA8C8036D.jpeg

F618FCDD-EFC9-4688-9B93-1095CFF55C5E.jpeg

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Great big smiles on both of you :)

Congrats

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Kickass brother. Keep us posted.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Wow, you sound a lot like my wife. We homeschooled our 2 daughters. Now that they both have finished college, she homeschools other people's kids & gets paid pretty good. Thus, as soon as my autocross car sells, we are getting a JLUR, probably ordering so I can get exactly what I want & need. We do lots of fishing & I hunt as well, so we aren't new to offroading.

Advice, Have Fun! Enjoy the kids, we fostered another daughter as well & she is just another one of the family (same age as our oldest). Go a little slow & see what you like to do offroad. But, realize that it is addictive & you may do several types of the same mods to find what you like & what works best for you. Find others to go with, so you don't have to worry about getting stuck. Take your kids with you & teach them all you can about being outdoors. My daughters, fish, hunt, shoot, clean, cook & eat, & love being outdoors.

Can't wait to see the transformation. So, include lots of pics.

Congrats, cant wait to get our JLUR!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Hi guys!

I just got back from getting my lift, wheels and tires installed! I love it!! I’m really excited!!

Still working on a few things...
I need the spare tire relocation bracket. I just ordered the rough country one. It’ll be here early next week.
Also, the tires are going to rub on the front bumper when I’m off road. They’d fine for normal use. Dh cut the little plastic flare parts on the bottom of the bumper, but at full turn they’re still gonna rub when I’m on the trail. We’re looking into removing the outer edge of the bumpers. They look like they come off with a few bolts. I’m sure I’m not the first one with this problem but my searches on here have been useless. I’m beginning to understand that stubby bumper option!

Here are some pics!
I got the 2” Mopar lift through the dealer.
I got 35” Nitto Trail Grapplers
I got 17” Raceline wheels in Clutch.
I LOVE it!!

We’re heading up to Sedona this weekend and I’m really looking forward to doing some off roading!!

C34DF6D3-CF1B-475A-95DF-0FBF0FB04154.jpeg

7311458B-1ECC-4E8B-AF36-85C7EFF44871.jpeg

59A00435-C0A1-45D8-94FC-77E3153CBCD8.jpeg

8BED1D0F-A90B-4BA4-850C-9B643EA74C02.jpeg

0FAF6783-98F0-4849-850B-183508B8AC08.jpeg

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
For comparison a before and after:

0903E05A-1364-4CF0-9A81-D9AB79199E4A.jpeg

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I’ve got a vinyl wrap scheduled for next week! I’m actually enjoying the black more than I expected, but I am SO excited for my new color!

Reactions: JLo

Jersey_JLU

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hi guys!

I just got back from getting my lift, wheels and tires installed! I love it!! I’m really excited!!

Still working on a few things...
I need the spare tire relocation bracket. I just ordered the rough country one. It’ll be here early next week.
Also, the tires are going to rub on the front bumper when I’m off road. They’d fine for normal use. Dh cut the little plastic flare parts on the bottom of the bumper, but at full turn they’re still gonna rub when I’m on the trail. We’re looking into removing the outer edge of the bumpers. They look like they come off with a few bolts. I’m sure I’m not the first one with this problem but my searches on here have been useless. I’m beginning to understand that stubby bumper option!

Here are some pics!
I got the 2” Mopar lift through the dealer.
I got 35” Nitto Trail Grapplers
I got 17” Raceline wheels in Clutch.
I LOVE it!!

We’re heading up to Sedona this weekend and I’m really looking forward to doing some off roading!!

C34DF6D3-CF1B-475A-95DF-0FBF0FB04154.jpeg

7311458B-1ECC-4E8B-AF36-85C7EFF44871.jpeg

59A00435-C0A1-45D8-94FC-77E3153CBCD8.jpeg

8BED1D0F-A90B-4BA4-850C-9B643EA74C02.jpeg

0FAF6783-98F0-4849-850B-183508B8AC08.jpeg
Looks great! Congratulations and enjoy the new set up!

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Thank you for being there for kids. This is needed.

Congrats on the new Jeep. Can't wait to see some action shots from your travel. Make sure to include some smiling faces.

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You can remove the pieces on the back of the front bumper, the part you are rubbing. The fog lights will be fine as well.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Welcome to the Jeep life and way to go for doing something for yourself. You have my utmost respect for taking in those babies and showing them what love and home is. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Marcus