Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I love it when old threads started by enthusiastic Jeepers suddenly spring back to life a year later with new updates. Your Jeep is amazing!
Thank you!! I have definitely been loving my JLU and this wonderful Jeep life!💙
Sponsored

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
My latest additions are new RPM steering up front paired with Reid racing knuckles that I had powder coated to match my Jeep :). You can kid of see them in this photo from Trail Hero. but the flex stacked pic is a better view!

IMG_1971.jpg

tempImagekgukY1.png

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Looks like new fenders too.

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Yes! I did! They’re the Bestop Granite fenders and I love them!
Jeep Wrangler JL Aquajeepgirl - Momma’s new ride! JLU Sport makeover 4671111F-92F1-4C86-9583-CE6C0118D3E0
I also added some amazing Baja Designs lights! I have their LP6’s and squadrons now- they’re so good! :D

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! I did! They’re the Bestop Granite fenders and I love them!
Jeep Wrangler JL Aquajeepgirl - Momma’s new ride! JLU Sport makeover 4671111F-92F1-4C86-9583-CE6C0118D3E0
I also added some amazing Baja Designs lights! I have their LP6’s and squadrons now- they’re so good! :D
I f..kin Love it, sweet rig, my favorite part is the color match winch line, that’s definitely next level right there……:rock: ……..mic drop shit…🤣

Sponsored

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I f..kin Love it, sweet rig, my favorite part is the color match winch line, that’s definitely next level right there……:rock: ……..mic drop shit…🤣
:clap::LOL::LOL: Right?! That’s Bubba Rope spoiling me! Best recovery ropes and they custom colored this one for me!! I LOVE it too!

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I haven't been on my journal page for a bit! We moved from AZ to UT this summer, which was a really demanding process after 18 years! We now live pretty close to Sand Hollow State Park where we love wheeling!

My Jeep hasn't had many changes since January, but it will shortly. I will be adding the Genright Cage for the JLU in the next few weeks. I'll be driving my Jeep back to AZ to have my fab guy install it and get it powder coated. I also ordered some new PRP seats to go with the new look and will be installing those once my Jeep is back early September. I'm really excited to get that done.

I'm working on moving to 40" tires and think that'll happen this year still. I have been doing just fine on my 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs but know it would be a lot easier and gentler on my diff if I get a little larger tire.

I can't wait to see my cage and share photos with you all. I have been wheeling harder obstacles the last few years and recognize I really do need a cage. The Genright one is the best you can get and I'm really excited for it!!

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I should also add that we bought a Gladiator in October 22. It was known as Gobicon, and then my husband renamed it Indominus. Pretty recognizable. It was a well built beast of a JT but it is curently undergoing a total rebuild adding a 3-link and double triangulated rear suspension by RPM Steering and new coilovers and bypass shocks from Bilstein, as well as new springs from Hyperco. Lots of other new goodies going on it too, but I think he should make a new journal for that one! It's so much fun having 2 Jeeps to wheel!

_79A9351.jpg

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I am having the Genright Offroad roll cage installed. My fab guy Bronson in AZ is doing it. It’s quite a project!! Took us a while to strip it in preparation and there have been a few snags for the install already - but he says the kit and instructions are much better than most cages out there! Here are a few pictures of the stripped jeep.

IMG_0876.jpeg

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0862.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Here’s the removal of the stock cage.
I put a YouTube up on my channel if you’re interested. Prep for the install up so far, but I’ll update with more as it progresses!!

IMG_7109.jpeg

IMG_7111.jpeg

IMG_7110.jpeg

IMG_7112.jpeg

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
If ya get a chance, let us know what you think of the PRP seat covers. Asking for my wife...

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
If ya get a chance, let us know what you think of the PRP seat covers. Asking for my wife...
I LOVE them! They’re not super fun to install but I love the look and feel
of them! Custom colors and they have some padding too! Well
Made, have held up well too! (I’m actually getting new prp front seats for the cage and harnesses but they’ll be really similar looking)

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I have some fun new upgrades to share. I just had the Genright Offroad roll cage installed. I added their half doors, b-Pillar chop and aluminum roof too. I absolutely love how it came out!! I also added custom PRP seats and harnesses and am running new 40" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires. I am over the moon with how much I love my Jeep!! here are some photos I just had done.

smaller file.jpeg

lr_file-670.JPG

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Another thing I wanted to mention, and I'll probably do a YouTube of this too, is that the stock roll cage is no where near as strong as I thought. I had been told by many people that the JL cage was much stronger than the JK cage and not to worry about it. When my fabricator cut it out of my Jeep for the install, I could literally pick it up and bend it with my bare hands. I was shocked, and in all honesty, really upset about it. I wheel my Jeep regularly and have done some sketchy obstacles. I know a few people who have rolled their JLU's and their cage protected their lives, but their Jeeps were totaled. So I guess depending on how you look at your Jeep you can decide for yourself. I totally understand not everyone wheels their jeeps and not everyone needs an after market roll cage. But the one I have from Genright Offroad is very well engineered and so strong. That peace of mind is priceless. I was just totally oblivious to how weak the stock cage is.

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I got to hit Double Sammy yesterday to try everything out. It was amazing!! These Mickey Thompson 40' Baja Boss tires were astounding! they were so grippy! I walked up some obstacles that were a challenge a few weeks ago on my 37's. My Genright roll cage adds a rigidity and solid feel to the whole Jeep and looks great too! I am so happy with this!!

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

IMG_0705.jpg
Sponsored