Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Az-jewel,

Thx for the information.
In NC, as far as steep, going west bound toward Asheville NC is the Black Mountain Climb on I-40.
A six percent climb for 5 miles.
In a sports car, the climb is a blast!
I just got home from a weekend camping trip. I had several steep climbs out and back and the regeared Jeep did much better. I had hesitated to push the rpms too high, but further reading encouraged me to push it a bit harder. It was much better on steep climbs (I know, duh!!) but I didn’t want to damage it, especially the new gears.

additionally, the backup camera and ess are back, so the reprogram and disconnect/drive in 6th gear worked.

I took it to the mechanic who installed the truss and he tried to solder my wheel speed sensor cable (the part is back ordered everywhere!) it was working intermittently and we hoped it would fix it. I wheeled it this weekend and the serv4wd like same on but I had it manually in 4lo most of the train. It stalled once and I have to give it gas, but it engaged and I got to do the trail with my friends.
Once the part comes in I’ll get it replaced.

but that light went back off after I was in 2 Ed again. Sigh. Doesn’t sound like the sensor is the only issue. :(
Sponsored

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I haven’t posted in a bit so I wanted to come in on my
1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! to update my build .

I’m loving the new gears! And now that the wheel speed sensor and FAD have been repaired it’s handling great on and off road!

I don’t think I posted about my serv4wd light? It’s been on since I got my gears, lockers and axle trussed, I thought it was part of the crushed wheel speed sensor lights, but when that was repaired the serv4wd light would keep coming on each time I went off roading.
long story shorter, turns out the mechanics reassembled the axle incorrectly , tucking the FAD into the axle collar instead of leaving it on the outside where it should be. This damaged the gasket. Unfortunately this mistake was discovered by the dealer who fixed it without my authorization and tired to charge me $350 for it! I planned to take it to the mechanic who made the mistake and have them fix it for free. dealership wouldn’t put it back the way it was (we can’t break your Jeep) and would have charged me $150 diagnostic fee since they had to disassemble the axle to figure out the problem. After some back aNd forth they Charged me $100, but won’t let me bring it in for any warranty work without a $150 diagnosis fee in the future (going to use a different dealer from now on).

So, ROXXIE is now a year old and today we added new fender flares. Long story there too, as we had to send back the open box fenders and liners from extreme terrain since 2 of the 3 orders were not at all what we ordered!
I ended up with inexpensive slim flat fenders that I am very happy with! I’m having custom front inners made and not sure if I will add rear liners?

In our first year together Roxxie and I have discovered so many beautiful places in AZ! I’ve tackled challenges I never thought I would, learned I like rock crawling!, made some wonderful friends and had many exciting adventures! I jokingly refer to my Jeep purchase and build as my “mid life crisis” as I got Roxxie for my 50th birthday last year. But this “Jeep life” is amazing! I’m so thankful for all that it has added to mine, and my family’s life. It really is a lifestyle and one I wouldn’t trade for anything! :involve:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Just popping in!

I’m still off roading and enjoying my Jeep! We’re heading to EJS in a few weeks! I’m looking forward to visiting Moab again!
In 2020 we wheeled in Moab twice and CO was a definite highlight! I’ve already booked another visit to CO In July and planning Trail Hero in October!! So many beautiful places to see!!

The last few months we’ve been building a YJ. LS swap, 40” Mickey Thompson’s, D60 and 14B, arb lockers...lots of upgrades and seemingly endless parts! But, it’ll be a beast and intended to be beaten off road and spare my JLU from the hardest trails and body damage! Should be ready soon!!

My IG is @aquajeepgirl or check out our website www.aquajeepgirl.com.

I’ll share a few pics of 2020
Jeep Wrangler JL Aquajeepgirl - Momma’s new ride! JLU Sport makeover B6AD371E-CCFF-4C2C-A654-285DBE091DA1
Jeep Wrangler JL Aquajeepgirl - Momma’s new ride! JLU Sport makeover 60E765E9-99F1-4001-B54F-DE801A296C95
Jeep Wrangler JL Aquajeepgirl - Momma’s new ride! JLU Sport makeover 3E970476-83C8-4177-BBC6-7B3F504D5038
!

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Thanks so much! I really need to update this as I just re-built a lot of my Jeep! It’s been such a fun project! Jeep life is the best!!💙
I'm 5 months late to this party but just wanted to drop in to say I love the build and all the pictures!

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Well, it’s been a minute!! I’ve been over on IG and YouTube (@aquajeepgirl and Aqua Jeepgirl if you’re interested). I will post some updated photos and details on my build!
I’m running 37” Mickey Thompson Baja boss AT on Raceline Avenger beadlocks (that I painted to match my Jeep)

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Jeep Wrangler JL Aquajeepgirl - Momma’s new ride! JLU Sport makeover 01713DF4-BE66-440A-AEDD-FD34987BFB81

Sponsored

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I added the Teraflex Suspension RT4 Alpine IR long arm suspension-and LOVE it!! The Falcon SP2, 3.5 aDapt wad just reservoir shocks are amazing too!

18CEBA22-6185-40B9-94D0-5093CE39A52C.jpeg

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I love it when old threads started by enthusiastic Jeepers suddenly spring back to life a year later with new updates. Your Jeep is amazing!

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Jeep Wrangler JL Aquajeepgirl - Momma’s new ride! JLU Sport makeover 9224901D-396C-437E-9721-B69F8DACF880

Reactions: RZ.
OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
That’s my Dynatrac ProRock 44 front axle putting in some work! It’s paired with RCVs, arb air locker and Yukon gears! 😍

OP
OP
Az-jewel

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I recently added the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop and it’s been amazing!
My ADAMS driveshafts (painted to match) are visible in that photos
above.😊

11228CF4-7427-4687-96CF-7DAFCE9C4232.jpeg
Sponsored