Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I should follow up on this.

The day after I sent an email to myMedic they replied that they were short on components to complete the kit. The following day, July 6, it finally did ship and I got it. It looks pretty solid and man they did manage to stuff a lot of gear in that small pack. Good stuff IMO. I just think they need to work on their customer communications.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My Medic currently has a code for 20% off which makes their vastly overpriced first aid kits somewhat more bearable.

For anyone who wants it, the code is LAURIEISAHERO20. I don’t know how long the code will be valid.

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
STAYALIVE20 is another 20% off coupon in case @Jeep noob's code become invalid, but just like his code, I too do not know how long mine will be effective for either.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
20180606_221313.jpg

Just got these in. They are very heavy and quality is impressive. Came with a set for each seat back.
I saw these and its a lot for the money but the big one has turn side ways doesn't it so it opens from the side ?

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
MyMedic is currently running a holiday promo code GIFT25 for 25% off all their kits. I picked up one up in orange to match my Punk'n.

mymedic.jpg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
MyMedic is currently running a holiday promo code GIFT25 for 25% off all their kits. I picked up one up in orange to match my Punk'n.

Jeep Wrangler JL Molle First Aid and Survival bags/kits mymedic
I've got a really good first aid kit I put together probably has everything that thing has can you tell me why $120 is worth spending on that one

Punkdad

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Ocean Blue
Something I didn’t realize until recently is that first aid kits are FSA/HSA eligible purchases.
Is that confirmed? My eyes just lit up when you said that as I still have a large chunk in my hsa this year left over?

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Is that confirmed? My eyes just lit up when you said that as I still have a large chunk in my hsa this year left over?
HSA carries over from year to year.

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Yes, but only some kits. Easiest thing I've found is search Amazon for "hsa first aid," or if you want to get fancy, "hsa first aid molle."

I got this one a few months ago and paid with my HSA. Note the text that shows up at the bottom of the search results on Amazon - not all of them will have that, so you have to look:

Jeep Wrangler JL Molle First Aid and Survival bags/kits 1608779347042

https://www.amazon.com/Surviveware-Survival-First-Aid-Kit/dp/B07T4HMQKN

This one's really nice because the MOLLE straps are all sewn to a heavy duty velcro panel. When you need the kit, you just unbuckle it and rip it away from the velcro.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yes. Google it.

CJACKZ

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2003 Expedition, 2003 C230 kompressor
Occupation
Making Trash
I was a CPR/FA/Wilderness FA trainer for many years. Along with having two boys in Scouting, I build my from scratch.

Most items I have had training on their use but there are a couple that are outside my training but are kept for “just in case” or when our son (combat medic) is with us.

Outside of the typical cuts/scrapes I carry SAM splint material, Kendrick Traction Device, tactical tourniquet and items to address puncture/gunshot wounds.

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Another vote for the springtailsolutions bags. They are well made and hold a ton. I'm not using the molle mount but they are capable and fit the rear cubby perfectly. I run the orange bag for first aid gear and one bag for tools and one for recovery.

I'm a fan of building a kit to your abilities but we travel in groups. Having gear that may be useful but beyond my personal expertise seems like a good idea. I also believe i can assemble what i need at a better cost than a one size fits all prepackaged kit.

laraza2k1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4X4 2019 2 Door
I've got a really good first aid kit I put together probably has everything that thing has can you tell me why $120 is worth spending on that one
Because I had $90 burning a hole in my FSA account. Could I build a similar kit for half the price? Absolutely, but spending a couple of hours researching, gathering and purchasing all the contents... eh. Just took the easier route.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
My day job is that of an ED Director.........
There is actually a job for an Erectile Disfunction Director? :LOL::CWL::CWL::LOL::CWL:

Sorry, I just couldn't help it. Tell me you guys didn't think it too!
Sponsored