Molle bags

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I was looking for more fixed storage solutions in my Jeep so I though I would buy the Mopar Molle bags that attach to the back of the front seats. Gee they are really cute but much smaller than I expected. If anyone has these, What do you put in them?
I am thinking hand held radios for one thing.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRecon

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
DOes anyone use these?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
You probably meant to post this in some area other than SEMA 2018, but I'll answer anyway. šŸ˜

In my opinion the "molle panels" on the Rubicon seat backs are about the most worthless feature in the Jeep. I had EMPTY pouches in them and they detached from the seat and slid downward. I haven't been able to use them for anything.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a first aid kit there for a year. No problems.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I store add on mirrors for doors off days, and winch cord/wireless controller in one bag behind driver, small survival kit in bag behind passenger. Also small fire extinguisher in pouch behind driver. Works great so far. Oh, and small FRS
Radio pair too. Using small shallow bags from amazon. $20 each.

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I have two voodoo tactical bags on the back of my seats. Another member recommended them. Small but great quality.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sorry, not sure how to link from amazon, but search for Acetac multi purpose EDC admin pouch. 3.5 x 7.5 x 10 inch. Not a perfect fit, perhaps 12 or 13 inch wide would be a better fit (one more molle strap), but seems to be pretty good quality. Everlit sold the same pouch with survival gear in it, so bought the acetac pouch to put on the other seat back. I'm sure not the best survival gear quality, but flashlight, knife, wire saw etc. seem ok. Wynex seems to be another good brand to search under. I bought a first aid kit from Everlit, but the bag for that was too deep to put behind the seat.
Cool thing about these bags is I can still fold the rear seats down without removing the bags (good thng, because takes time and patience to attach - not easy to remove once installed).
You do lose back seat knee clearance, so wouldn't do this if that is a problem, but was able to seat adults in back seat if you adjust the front seats forward.

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
"Tactical Performance" brand bags from Academy Sports are the only ones I've found that are spaced right for Rubicon seat backs. They weave perfectly!!! Pictured behind driver's seat....No name brand I found at a cheap Army Navy store leftside.

IMG_0272.jpeg

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Nice, I really like this set up! where is the bracket from for the element? And what bag is that on top of the roll bar?
It comes with one and I just ordered a second. I used zip ties to secure each to the Gama bag frame. (See pic) I got creative with the zip ties. Some are wrapped perpendicular to the main tie to keep it gripping the frame in addition to others to take up more clearance to make it grip a little tighter. It moves up and down still but each plastic bracket doesnā€™t wiggle around. The Gama bag velcro at the bottom supports the weight of the element.
Sponsored