Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

clymber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ, 2018 JLU (RIP), and 2018 JLU #2
They haven't removed Mojito from the front page yet, so maybe it will reappear in the configurator. I have to say though, that I'm not interested in any of the other colors this year, so if there's no Mojito, I won't be buying a 2018 JL. I'll definitely be holding out to see what shows up in 2019.

In the meantime, maybe I'll respray my 1997 TJ to Mojito instead. :)

Here's Mojito currently on the front page:

Screenshot from 2018-03-01 10-26-26.png

Here's the "great selection * " of colors available in the configurator. (* sarcasm) 5 different versions of grey (from white to black), 2 reds, and 1 blue.

Screenshot from 2018-03-01 10-41-04.png
Sponsored

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
They haven't removed Mojito from the front page yet, so maybe it will reappear in the configurator. I have to say though, that I'm not interested in any of the other colors this year, so if there's no Mojito, I won't be buying a 2018 JL. I'll definitely be holding out to see what shows up in 2019.

Here's the "great selection * " of colors available in the configurator. (* sarcasm) 5 different versions of grey (from white to black), 2 reds, and 1 blue.

Yes I was just looking at that myself! I agree, no other colors are appealing to me as well. Wish they kept Chief Blue.

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi

I've gotta say I'm in the same boat. If Mojito goes away, I'll likely just keep my 2013 Crush Rubi till 2019's are out.

I SORT of like the Blue, and oddly enough (because I have a Crush) I don't know that I like Punk'n. It seems a lot redder than my Crush, with no real metallic look to it.

But I don't think I like either of those enough to pull the trigger. Mojito or bust.

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The website really means nothing... so try not to make too big of assumptions based on it. Availability and what you should be really watching is the dealer ordering tool to get a POC, that is what actually matters and represents what is actually available.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I am in the same situation. I was leary about buying a first year model, but then I saw Mojito. I have been waiting and waiting. If Jeep cancels Mojito...so will I.

Sponsored

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
The website really means nothing... so try not to make too big of assumptions based on it. Availability and what you should be really watching is the dealer ordering tool to get a POC, that is what actually matters and represents what is actually available.

Well sure. But it IS odd that they just updated the build tool on the website... And they REMOVED it. For one reason or another, that was a change that had to be made on purpose.

Best case... They only wanted currently available colors on the builder (which would suck because that would mean Mojito isn't extremely close to being able to be ordered).

Worst case... They're changing the plans.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
I'm the same. It's mojito or bust. I drive green jeeps. If I'm not driving a Mojito JL, then I'll keep my current LJ as my daily driver...

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

Sponsored

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
I mentioned that to him when he posted the letter. He said that his guy that sent him that letter said it was the first, even though the letter didn't clearly state that.

I guess we'll see.

It seems like we've GOT to be there though... If they haven't change the production schedule, they're supposed to start them March 5th. You would think they'd want as full a slate of pre-sold cars as possible.
March 1 has come and is going...going...

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Also, I asked @JeepCares in their thread about mojito disappearing. They get pummelled by questions, so I don't expect them to answer... But I figured what the hell. It couldn't hurt.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Someone in the states should ask Jeep Chat about it.

I don’t think we can access Jeep chat from Canada
Sponsored