MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

Green Goblin

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Ram 2500
You could do this although it seems to be the long way about to get it done. I would go to the dealer and discuss it first. You have nothing to lose, and if you go there in a real friendly mood with the info in hand and just ask them if they would test drive it and consider doing the TSB. To be honest it’s the easiest thing they can try and the only thing you have to lose is them saying they cannot or will not do it. At that point I would try Jeep Cares!
I went by dealer first today and was honest about what I read on the forums that some people with this issue could not get dealer to do the TSB without going through @JeepCares first. I asked his position on it. He tried to put my VIN # in but that page was having issues. Will try again in the am. Even gave me his cell number. I just got my Jeep on the 24th of August and ordered on the 2nd. Kinda doubt more recent build will be listed on TSB, but like you said, playing it nice! Had an issue with Ram 2500 I bought from them in March after 500 miles and they were good about service, fixed it correctly, quickly and paid for rental with no complaint so not expecting anything but good service this time. I did PM @JeepCares this evening and let them know dealer is looking at it. First off, in case I do have issues, but more importantly to document that buyers are still having these issues.

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Hello all! I was planning on ordering a 2019 in a few months, but when I got back from vacation, I started to read about all of the speculation about whether mojito would be available for 2019 or not. I decided to take action as I did not see anything on the 2019 that was worth waiting for anyway. I started my search for one left on the lot. I knew this would be difficult as I was pretty particular of what I wanted, but I had to try.

First, I found one up in Michigan, with the exact specs I wanted. I called my local dealership to see if they could get it for me and they told me that one was already sold and they found another one and the dealer would not trade for it. My sales guy (I had test driven 2 Rubicons, 2 Saharas, and a Sport S), basically said, dealers were not trading that color (in part because of the uncertainty of 2019 availability). If I wanted one, I'd have to find it and go get it.

The 2nd one I found about 90 miles away, already had about 8K of options (dealer installed) on it. Too much, too soon for me. Then I found almost exactly what I was searching for about 2 hours away. I called the dealer to make sure it was still available and made an appointment for the next day (needed to take 1/2 day off of work). Needless to say, I loved it. I made a commitment to buy on the spot and they took it off the available list for a couple of days until the paperwork for my loan was set and done.

I ended up getting everything I would have ordered, plus 3 things: Upgraded wheels, Trail Management System, and the rubber floor mats. No sense in worrying about the extras, I found what I wanted and went and got it...

:/insert happy dance\:

My Jeep.jpg

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Hello all! I was planning on ordering a 2019 in a few months, but when I got back from vacation, I started to read about all of the speculation about whether mojito would be available for 2019 or not. I decided to take action as I did not see anything on the 2019 that was worth waiting for anyway. I started my search for one left on the lot. I knew this would be difficult as I was pretty particular of what I wanted, but I had to try.

First, I found one up in Michigan, with the exact specs I wanted. I called my local dealership to see if they could get it for me and they told me that one was already sold and they found another one and the dealer would not trade for it. My sales guy (I had test driven 2 Rubicons, 2 Saharas, and a Sport S), basically said, dealers were not trading that color (in part because of the uncertainty of 2019 availability). If I wanted one, I'd have to find it and go get it.

The 2nd one I found about 90 miles away, already had about 8K of options (dealer installed) on it. Too much, too soon for me. Then I found almost exactly what I was searching for about 2 hours away. I called the dealer to make sure it was still available and made an appointment for the next day (needed to take 1/2 day off of work). Needless to say, I loved it. I made a commitment to buy on the spot and they took it off the available list for a couple of days until the paperwork for my loan was set and done.

I ended up getting everything I would have ordered, plus 3 things: Upgraded wheels, Trail Management System, and the rubber floor mats. No sense in worrying about the extras, I found what I wanted and went and got it...

:/insert happy dance\:

My Jeep.jpg
Welcome aboard

Dormamu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 Pacifica Hybrid, 1978 LandCruiser
Wheels and tires today!

Wheels are KMC XD Holeshot
Tires are Mastercraft Courser MXT 315/70r/17

I'm very happy with how it turned out!

IMG_2092.jpg
IMG_2089.jpg
IMG_2093.jpg
IMG_2094.jpg

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Alright stupid question - I made a mock up of tires and i can't seem to get the picture to work. I'm using imgr. why does the photo not show when I put in the link??

TodTom

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sport S
Alright stupid question - I made a mock up of tires and i can't seem to get the picture to work. I'm using imgr. why does the photo not show when I put in the link??
I have found that you use "Attach File" instead and it works.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have found that you use "Attach File" instead and it works.
Here goes another try -and it worked. Thank you.
Ok so how does this look? I'm thinking of getting these rims painted to match.
I borrowed a photo that was uploaded in this thread to work in photoshop with my less than stellar photoshop skills.-hope you don't mind Ehmsea.

Mojitojeep.jpg

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I borrowed a photo that was uploaded in this thread to work in photoshop with my less than stellar photoshop skills.-hope you don't mind Ehmsea.

Mojitojeep.jpg
Those wheels don't look very round, I'd go with something else....:giggle:

They're very aggressive looking wheels, I like them.

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer

Mojitojeep.jpg
No, I don't mind...but, if you had it in Photoshop, why didn't you color match my driveway???

:)

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
Picked up my Mojito Rubicon last night, said goodbye to my Granite 2016 Backcountry. It was harder saying goodbye to her then I thought, we had lots of amazing adventures and I made friends with people I never would have met. However, I'm in love with my Mojito Rubi. I can't wait for the new adventures to start.

And after seeing the Mojito nail polish on this forum I just had to paint my nails to match.

20180918_193944.jpg

20180918_193747.jpg

20180918_223802.jpg

20180918_193729.jpg

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I get an alien sun shade what color would look good with a mojito besides black?
Sponsored