Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
No, no. That's Nacho... I'm saying it looks exactly like the color Dozer from a few years ago.

And Punk'n looks a lot like Crush, IMO.
It's crazy how some pictures make Punk'n look exactly like Crush, where others make it look exactly like Sunset Orange (which look nothing alike). I can't wait to see it in person.

The picture of the frame makes Mojito look like Electric Lime, which is worse IMO than Green with Envy. Why oh why can't FCA send paint samples to dealers.
Sponsored

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
It's crazy how some pictures make Punk'n look exactly like Crush, where others make it look exactly like Sunset Orange (which look nothing alike). I can't wait to see it in person.

The picture of the frame makes Mojito look like Electric Lime, which is worse IMO than Green with Envy. Why oh why can't FCA send paint samples to dealers.

The lighting is bad in the pics of the frame. At the end of the day, the auto show Mojito is what it will look like, IMO.

The more interesting thing is the up close pic of the frame sure looks like a metallic flake to me.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
The lighting is bad in the pics of the frame. At the end of the day, the auto show Mojito is what it will look like, IMO.

The more interesting thing is the up close pic of the frame sure looks like a metallic flake to me.
I agree. The Challenger is what it really likes in person. I think the frame picture was so zoomed in that you see the flake that you normally don't see.

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
I agree. The Challenger is what it really likes in person. I think the frame picture was so zoomed in that you see the flake that you normally don't see.
True...and the primer used could've been a different color (a black primer may have had bleed-thru causing a thin layer of Mojito to look differently). If that truly was Mojito on the frame, I'm sure it was just a quick spray and not finished product.

Sponsored

Skfloyd

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Sales-Winter Haven Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
6A7FC843-E38A-44BE-8DB1-E9C955E93869.jpeg

Yep. The lighting was awful. It was in a dark tent with poor lighting. I can say the color is the same as Green with Envy however it could be off a bit because it was for sure not a production piece. Unfortunately I did not get to see the show piece. If it turns out to be the same as Green with Envy I will be super happy. That color on a Wrangler is going to be the bomb.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
There are a ton of Green with Envy Challenger pics that I think are dead on what we're gonna get. The sun really changes the color.

attachment.jpg
I think Green with Envy is pretty cool actually (I have seen many in person)...and in pictures it appears to be pretty close to Mojito so I would be happy with this.

Unrelated topic...I know the wait is killing us all but maybe it is a blessing in disguise? There are a number of very serious issues (bad frame welds; track bar weld failing at highway speeds; locked steering at high speeds; etc.) that people are having that I certainly hope FCA fixes before ours goes into production...I had a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk that was an utter POS and dangerous to drive in certain situations that FCA refused to lemon law. I swore off FCA but the Wrangler is the only thing I will ever buy from them (hard to say coming from a die hard Mopar guy).

Cheers

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I think Green with Envy is pretty cool actually (I have seen many in person)...and in pictures it appears to be pretty close to Mojito so I would be happy with this.

Unrelated topic...I know the wait is killing us all but maybe it is a blessing in disguise? There are a number of very serious issues (bad frame welds; track bar weld failing at highway speeds; locked steering at high speeds; etc.) that people are having that I certainly hope FCA fixes before ours goes into production...I had a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk that was an utter POS and dangerous to drive in certain situations that FCA refused to lemon law. I swore off FCA but the Wrangler is the only thing I will ever buy from them (hard to say coming from a die hard Mopar guy).

Cheers
You're definitely right. I'm hoping we'll have less issues but who knows. I'm trying to convince myself of that at least to justify not having a car for the last four months.

Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle

Cheers
WHAT?!?! Locked steering wheels at high speeds? Big reason why I don't like having a physical key. At least having a physical key is a mechanical way of keeping the steering wheel from locking up.

Track bar weld fails on the highway?

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
WHAT?!?! Locked steering wheels at high speeds? Big reason why I don't like having a physical key. At least having a physical key is a mechanical way of keeping the steering wheel from locking up.

Yea check out the "Issues" forum in the technical section on the main page. The steering wheel issue seems to be related to the electric power steering (so likely software issue) and has been only happening above 60mph or so for a few people...scary shit.

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition

My mom had a C5 Corvette with a physical key that was part of a recall where steering wheels were locking up while driving.

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
That would look great in Sting-Gray! #100 #anotherlevel Jk nice color