Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Can I join the club!?!?

I just picked up this 2020 Mojito! JLU for the SO. It'll be her DD, so it won't get that many mods, what it does get will be more functional than anything. 1st two pics were from the dealer listing, and the last pic is when I got it home yesterday, tucked away safe and sound in the pole barn.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club IMG_1497.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club IMG_1498.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club IMG_1516.JPG
Sponsored

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Looks great. Welcome to the Mojito family! You'll hear over and over about the fact that Jeep stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket" and that it's a never-ending stream of upgrades, and while that's true there are definitely some practical ones that should be in the ballpark of what you are looking for. Some suggested basics that I think would apply in this case:
  • Side steps. Don't know your SO's height, but even if she is average height it would be a lot easier for her to get in and out with some sort of step. Totally a personal preference, of course, but a suggestion that is very practical and used daily. There are a bajillion options out there, and Extreme Terrain and Quadratec allow you to view many and their reviews in one place, among other online sites. You can get a used OEM set from a Sahara or other Jeep that came with them from someone selling theirs on this site's marketplace or some other source for not a whole lot.

• Fuel filler door. Somewhat practical, in that it keeps road spray from getting around the gas cap area, but also just looks much cleaner in general. Definitely not necessary, but lots of solid metal options available on Etsy, Amazon, etc, including the Mopar one, which is high quality:

• LED Lighting. This is a more expensive upgrade, but something to consider over time as budget permits, as it just makes a HUGE difference for visibility and safety while driving. Now that the JL has been around a while there are a lot of really solid headlight and taillight options besides the Mopar OEM ones (which are excellent). Cannot emphasize enough how much of a difference the bright white of LEDs makes at night while driving, as the halogens just don't cut it anymore, and the taillights are brighter and look great. Oracle just came out with some new taillights as well that are very good-looking and a decent option. They make headlights as well, along with other brands. Lots of choices, but regardless, a totally worth-the-cost upgrade.

• Keyless Entry Proximity Locks. Your Wrangler is the Sport model, but I believe they've got it now where you can purchase and retrofit even the Sport with the Mopar keyless entry handles/wiring harness on all five doors. I've known several people who have done it or had it done. You'll just want to make sure it'll work on your Sport if you do that. It's a nice-to-have, as pushing the button on a fob is no big deal, but man, once you've gotten used to not taking your key out of your pocket (or purse) and just reaching for the door it's a great thing. First World issues...LOL Only thing is you'll probably have to upgrade the keys, too, but not 100% on that, as haven't researched since I had the system on mine. Totally worth it, though, IMHO.

• Hood decals. These are definitely not required, but don't cost a lot and would help personalize her Jeep to her personality. Looks like you've already got one on top of the hood, so suggestion would be ones on the sides of the hood. So many possibilities out there, and many great vendors on Etsy, as well as one you'll hear about over and over on these forums, pixeldecals.com, offer true custom ideas to make the Jeep yours.

Well, that'll get you started. LOL. You can spend an endless amount, but I think after she's driven it a while you'll have a feel for things she might find useful. Hopefully these get your thoughts going. Cheers, and welcome again to the Mojito club!

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the info. No stranger to Jeep (I drive a '19 WK2 and have owned numerous Jeeps, starting with a CJ5 w/ a 401 V8 and 4 speed, along with a couple of earlier Wranglers and a couple of XJs), though I've not had the pleasure of the JL until now. Already purchased a few minor things:
  • McGard wheel locks
  • Rugged Ridge threshold mouldings and floor mats
  • Console organizer (from OCD, American made!) from @salex
  • Wireless CarPlay adapter running in the center console
  • A 2.0L Turbo sticker from @pixeldecals (gotta add 20hp at least! :rock:)
I love the proximity locks on my WK2, the SO, she's kinda like 'meh'. I will need to get some side steps for her though and a different antenna so those will be next.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can I join the club!?!?

I just picked up this 2020 Mojito! JLU for the SO. It'll be her DD, so it won't get that many mods, what it does get will be more functional than anything. 1st two pics were from the dealer listing, and the last pic is when I got it home yesterday, tucked away safe and sound in the pole barn.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club 4F457541-D534-4AD2-AEE5-F63377FAB02C
Not planning on doing any crazy lifts or bigger tires, so I just picked up a matching set of 5 takeoffs (with only delivery mileage) of the same tire/wheel combination that's already on her JLU for $550. That's the one advantage of not getting crazy with lifts and bigger wheels I guess!

Sponsored

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t posted in awhile but did a sunshade and wanted to share a couple pics
Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club 63AB10E7-8F07-4FD8-8247-B681DE507687
Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club 63AB10E7-8F07-4FD8-8247-B681DE507687
Dang, what do you use to clean your top? I have some 303 Convertible Top cleaner but haven’t used it yet. Waiting for it to warm up before I try it out.

jeeplyfe

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Occupation
Director
Dang, what do you use to clean your top? I have some 303 Convertible Top cleaner but haven’t used it yet. Waiting for it to warm up before I try it out.
So far just Adams car wash but I do have 303 waiting for when I need it

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Added some N-Fab steps to make it easier for wifey to get into her JLU! Yeah, I know it's dirty. Damn winter salt!

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Added some N-Fab steps to make it easier for wifey to get into her JLU! Yeah, I know it's dirty. Damn winter salt!

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club IMG_1545

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club IMG_1545
I have N-fab nerf bars for the same reason; my wife is only 5’0”. 👍. But I think they look good on the Jeep.

Sponsored

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Already posted in another thread but had to come post here for my fellow Mojitans. Sprayed my front hooks with Mojito! Mopar spray paint. Couldn’t get down inside the bumper at all but very satisfied with the result.

C5CB5F6B-9687-4120-AE85-B5C2A72DB061.jpeg

FF527372-E90E-4CDC-A63C-44ABEDEAF663.jpeg

harry17815

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep, 2017 Infinity, 2021 C8 Vette
Already posted in another thread but had to come post here for my fellow Mojitans. Sprayed my front hooks with Mojito! Mopar spray paint. Couldn’t get down inside the bumper at all but very satisfied with the result.

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club FF527372-E90E-4CDC-A63C-44ABEDEAF663

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club FF527372-E90E-4CDC-A63C-44ABEDEAF663
thumbnail.jpg

harry17815

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep, 2017 Infinity, 2021 C8 Vette

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club thumbnail

Jeep Wrangler JL MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club thumbnail
I Painted my toe hooks last year.