Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Steering was same before changing wheels at approximately 70 miles on odometer. Had two sport s models ordered due to communication issue. When the other came in with exact build, but a different color, I drove it and no issues. Had I known changing the wheels would have caused issues on repair work I obviously would have waited. Service knew I had issues with steering. Sales knew I was swapping out wheels. Unfortunately I did not know changing wheels would cause a repair issue. I read many steering problem posts on JL forums and no one mentioned this that I saw. My point is it's a Wrangler and swapping out wheels as soon as vehicle arrives is common. Seems like an excuse by FCA to ignore what is known to be an issue.
I actually understand FCAs point on being stock prior to repairs, especially so early into a vehicles life. Rules out bad tires or wheels on their part. I know the odds of those being the problem are very small, but they do engineering, inspections, quality control, and troubleshooting based on their own research and designs. There probably hundreds of wheel designs out there. I've read some threads on people getting bad wheels from aftermarket manufacturers also, FCA doesn't want another variable they have no control over introduced.
Sponsored

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
Spotted our twin when we pulled into our hotel in Hollywood,first one we've seen. Anyone on here? Sunset Boulevard Best Western Saharan (but we are rocking Rubicons) Whole family was shocked! We are in a Yukon rental
IMG_20181105_195810.jpg

Last edited:

Green Goblin

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Ram 2500
I actually understand FCAs point on being stock prior to repairs, especially so early into a vehicles life. Rules out bad tires or wheels on their part. I know the odds of those being the problem are very small, but they do engineering, inspections, quality control, and troubleshooting based on their own research and designs. There probably hundreds of wheel designs out there. I've read some threads on people getting bad wheels from aftermarket manufacturers also, FCA doesn't want another variable they have no control over introduced.
I can under stand that point, but the fact that so many owners do wheels as first modification it would have been nice had I known this up front. Again, I read many post about steering issues and can't recall it ever mentioned. Maybe my post will prevent someone else from making my mistake. IF YOU ARE HAVING STEERING ISSUES GET IT FIXED BEFORE ANY MODIFICATIONS!

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
we switched over from Blue to Mojito based on seeing this tricked out sport in Houston last weekend

20181027_182544520_iOS.jpg

20181027_182732275_iOS.jpg

20181027_182839415_iOS.jpg

20181027_182917499_iOS.jpg

20181027_182920067_iOS.jpg

20181027_182922870_iOS.jpg
And what was the asking price for this little jewel? I'm guessing in the mid 60's?

Sponsored

HardRockSteele67

First Name
Kutt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Eng.
Vehicle Showcase
And what was the asking price for this little jewel? I'm guessing in the mid 60's?
It was a sport not a Rubi -lol so to me a 37k optioned sport with what i'd call 8k in custom add on's would have been worth 45K but you know they wanted 58K before tt&l

Image-1-awc.jpg

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
It was a sport not a Rubi -lol so to me a 37k optioned sport with what i'd call 8k in custom add on's would have been worth 45K but you know they wanted 58K before tt&l

Image-1-awc.jpg
That's actually not terrible haha. I looked at a Rocky Ridge jeep a while back with less than this one has done to it and it was 62K. Sport model as well. craziness... Looks pretty nice....a little too green for me but cool set up.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR

Image-1-awc.jpg
For dealer installed those prices are about what I've seen before. My local dealer installed a Mopar lift and 35" Bridgestone MTs and tacked $8000 onto the sticker. They charge a lot for their work, but if it's exactly what you want and you would rather pay for it so that it's already done and you don't need to spend time on it, go for it. Similar to the Rubicon v Sport argument in the first place, do what works for you.

Two thoughts for you before you pull the trigger though:

1. Be sure it is exactly what you want, otherwise you are paying a lot extra for extra things that you'll end up wanting to swap out later. If you prefer different wheels or tires, see if they'll swap them out.

2. Drive it first. A sport on 37s that has not been regeared will drive differently than stock. Others have done just that with no complaints, some have complained lots about it. But make sure it works for you.

HardRockSteele67

First Name
Kutt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Eng.
Vehicle Showcase
For dealer installed those prices are about what I've seen before. My local dealer installed a Mopar lift and 35" Bridgestone MTs and tacked $8000 onto the sticker. They charge a lot for their work, but if it's exactly what you want and you would rather pay for it so that it's already done and you don't need to spend time on it, go for it. Similar to the Rubicon v Sport argument in the first place, do what works for you.

Two thoughts for you before you pull the trigger though:

1. Be sure it is exactly what you want, otherwise you are paying a lot extra for extra things that you'll end up wanting to swap out later. If you prefer different wheels or tires, see if they'll swap them out.

2. Drive it first. A sport on 37s that has not been regeared will drive differently than stock. Others have done just that with no complaints, some have complained lots about it. But make sure it works for you.
We have a 2009 2 door sport we've given to our son and loved it, but it's the wife's turn and she's already driven the JL Rubi and loves it! We are in the planning stages on her Hulked out Mystery Machine and have most of the parts figured out

Riah

First Name
Mariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Highlander
Does anyone know if they will keep the mojito color for the 2019? My lease on my current vehicle isn’t up for another 6.5 months so I will be ordering a 19 jl rubicon in May. But I have fallen in love with the mojito color It’s the green of my dreams!

Sponsored

koallinbear

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Ordered, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
Does anyone know if they will keep the mojito color for the 2019? My lease on my current vehicle isn’t up for another 6.5 months so I will be ordering a 19 jl rubicon in May. But I have fallen in love with the mojito color It’s the green of my dreams!
At this point, there is no telling when mojito will be gone. Rumor is that once Bikini comes into production Mojito will get the ax although it could be way before then. The 2018 Nacho Color came and went in a matter of WEEKS I believe. Get it while its hot.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Mojito is currently available for 2019. For now. Rumor is it will go away during the 2019 model year cycle. Whether that is 10 hours from now or 10 days or 10 months, we don't know. Could be a marketing ploy for all we know. So if you really want a Mojito, your best bet is to order or find one early. Or have an alternate favorite color.

Bayoumojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited sport jl

Image-1-awc.jpg
Looks great, nice upgrades just curious shouldn't they have beefed up the spare tire bracket? Im sure that combo is over 85 pounds.

HardRockSteele67

First Name
Kutt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Eng.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, nice upgrades just curious shouldn't they have beefed up the spare tire bracket? Im sure that combo is over 85 pounds.
I never looked that hard at it as I knew she wants a Rubi - I did wonder about it as none is evident in the pic's

Bayoumojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited sport jl
I probably wouldnt have either but my tires and wheels will be over 100 lbs. And i thought i could save research. See what they used.but didnt happen. Oh well they had to leave something for the customer buy. That way they can say yeah i did it.lol
Sponsored