AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
Occupation
USMC Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Decided that Red-n-Green is only for Christmas! So toning it down to more black accents... updated Rubicon decal from www.pixeldecals.com

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG
This is bitchin! Very clean! :clap:

Random...
IMG_20180730_213045 (1).jpg
This is also bitchin! Very dirty! :rock:

Stage 1: Complete

Did the lift in the garage with a floor jack, four jack stands and some hand tools. I will echo other forum posts/threads that it can be done taking your time and some elbow grease. It was very rewarding and I got a chance to peak up her skirt and familiarize myself. I highly recommend the Mopar kit for what it’s worth. Had it on my prior JKU sport as well. Net lift after everything was torqued and on level ground was 3.25”!! Also dropped the tires from factory 44 psi :idea: down to 37 and it’s not as squirrely down the pavement.

Yes, I know the stocker wheel/tires look like Mojiticon skipped many legs days. Waiting on some KMC XD229’s to show up to mount those 37” Coopers. Will follow up on that later this week and get some better pics.

Happy Jeepin y’all!:like:

6F6ABF96-54F8-46CA-9573-05518A5F1F1C.jpeg

7EAB9AD6-B015-4C53-B09F-EFC1DDAB6F17.jpeg

AF3080EA-5E37-40D2-B903-51D5BD273E7F.jpeg

8DA7A1D9-87AD-4780-9C0F-5AC8D4D18AD3.jpeg

4AB2227D-E047-4271-AFDE-B3F0F73F3F82.jpeg

E88C0939-ED61-4556-AA86-E691248F997D.jpeg

69E35A24-94C0-4BDB-919A-28C538E55188.jpeg

081A27A4-DE93-4D3E-AEA1-0E0680B118CD.jpeg
Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
I'm a Sting Gray guy here (don't hate me - My JK was Gecko, so i needed a slight change) but I LOVE this dash! I've been talking about getting it color matched since November when I first saw the AWFUL red dash. Was it hard to remove? I've heard some things about the air bag becoming defective. Any words of wisdom?
The airbag is attached to the passenger side panel. Airbag defective? You have to disconnect it but that doesn’t mean it’s defective.

I am completely trying to do this by memory....

Disconnect the battery (make sure you disconnect the smaller battery that Powers the interior)

To remove the driver’s side panel, you remove the panel that houses the ignition button (just clips...I found it easiest to pry from the grab bar and work towards the ignition). (Two wiring harnesses will need to be undone in order to remove the panel altogether but not necessary)

Next you remove the bezel around the screen. This has two screws at the bottom and then clips.

Once the screen bezel is removed you can see the single screw that holds the dash pad on. Along the top is all clips (start from passenger side and work towards the driver’s side)

You can now remove the driver’s side panel that you want painted. (Screws)

Under the passenger panel you need to remove the panel that says “airbag.” (Clips and a ziptie)

Pull out the glovebox.

There are 2 screws up under the dash that hold the airbag in. Remove those.

To remove the passenger dash panel (that you want painted), you may need to also remove the grab handle to access the bottom screws.

Slide out the dash panel and there is a wiring harness (yellow) for the airbag. Unplug it and you’re good to go.

Last edited:

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
THANKS!

Yeeee I wanted 20% all around but tint dudes told me it's not legal in Texas to have 20% on front windows.

So I got 35%. And tbh...there isn't a huge difference in the tone. I'm feelin it...didn't think I'd be this pleased but I am. Something thats functional and looks hawt???! YASS!
Supposedly, the Texas legal limit is 25% on the front windows. Since factory glass is probably not perfectly clear, if you put 25% tint on there and a cop decided to "meter" the window, it would likely show less than 25%, thus gaining you a ticket. So, the shops want hedge their bets a bit and go with either 30 or 35 percent instead. For the rear windows or the back window, you could paint them black as far as Texas is concerned so that NO light could come through.

They *claim* that this is because of driver safety so that the driver can see out the side windows. Of course, that could also be accomplished by just having cameras and the appropriate monitors inside the vehicle. I suspect that it is also so that the police can see whether you are wearing a seat belt so that it makes that part of their revenue enhancement duties easier. For many police though, what this is really about though is allowing them to be able to see inside of your vehicle. At the very least, the police don't want to be coming up to a vehicle (especially at night) where they can't see what the person might be doing. If you are positive that you have nothing to hide and you trust the police to be honest, it is probably in your best interest to see what is inside the vehicle so that they don't think that are reaching for a firearm. There are some areas of the country where the police are really picky about the window tint. To forego any concerns of theirs, I always rolled down my windows before coming to a stop. If the windows are rolled down, they can see inside, so their security concerns should be alleviated. Also, if my window tint was questionable for whatever area I'm traveling through, now they don't have any evidence. If they tried to order you to roll up your windows, could you decline claiming your 5th Amendment rights to not incriminate yourself? :)

Now, since my JL is the Sport model and as such, it has manual windows, I suspect that I will handle any stops by officers differently. At the very least, I probably won't be rolling down the passenger side window as I'm coming to a stop. It would look just a bit too suspicious to be reaching over there towards the glove box in such a situation. Of course, I don't *need* to reach over to the glove box for a handgun because I always have one on me carried in the 3:30 position.

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well according to @JeepCares my Jeep is in Toledo. According to my Dealer it's arriving tomorrow! Hopefully my dealer is correct :rock: I have so many mods to catch up on!!

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well according to @JeepCares my Jeep is in Toledo. According to my Dealer it's arriving tomorrow! Hopefully my dealer is correct :rock: I have so many mods to catch up on!!
LOL This is my life. My Jeep is still in Toledo. :angry:

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
LOL This is my life. My Jeep is still in Toledo. :angry:
My dealer just checked and mine arrived at his lot last night, so they're doing the prep and paperwork right now. I just finished adding it to my insurance policy and will be driving over there to pick it up in a couple of hours. 7 weeks, 4 days... I'll call it 7.5 weeks since I placed the order at the end of the day and it will be ready around noon.

Finally... Now just need to see if I can fit it in my garage with my Harley in front of it. :That's going to be a tight fit, I suspect... :(

Forecast for some strong thunderstorms this afternoon and the possibility of hail...

Sponsored

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Continued my blackout journey! Plasti Dip on the Jeep logo and badge

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
This is bitchin! Very clean! :clap:

This is also bitchin! Very dirty! :rock:

Stage 1: Complete

Did the lift in the garage with a floor jack, four jack stands and some hand tools. I will echo other forum posts/threads that it can be done taking your time and some elbow grease. It was very rewarding and I got a chance to peak up her skirt and familiarize myself. I highly recommend the Mopar kit for what it’s worth. Had it on my prior JKU sport as well. Net lift after everything was torqued and on level ground was 3.25”!! Also dropped the tires from factory 44 psi :idea: down to 37 and it’s not as squirrely down the pavement.

Yes, I know the stocker wheel/tires look like Mojiticon skipped many legs days. Waiting on some KMC XD229’s to show up to mount those 37” Coopers. Will follow up on that later this week and get some better pics.

Happy Jeepin y’all!:like:

6F6ABF96-54F8-46CA-9573-05518A5F1F1C.jpeg

7EAB9AD6-B015-4C53-B09F-EFC1DDAB6F17.jpeg

AF3080EA-5E37-40D2-B903-51D5BD273E7F.jpeg

8DA7A1D9-87AD-4780-9C0F-5AC8D4D18AD3.jpeg

4AB2227D-E047-4271-AFDE-B3F0F73F3F82.jpeg

E88C0939-ED61-4556-AA86-E691248F997D.jpeg

69E35A24-94C0-4BDB-919A-28C538E55188.jpeg

081A27A4-DE93-4D3E-AEA1-0E0680B118CD.jpeg

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG
Yee I'mma straight try to do this! Have "Jeep" be in black and maybe paint the metal on the Trail Rated badge Mojito! green, keeping the black as it is.

And LOL! I just figured out where they got the "Rubicon" name from. What an interesting history; funny part, was watching "The Roman Empire" on Netflix when they mentioned the infamous Rubicon River. :clap:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the Jeep stencil? Did you make it yourself? If so, out of what material?
Sponsored