Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
My Mojito! is getting closer.
Just posted this over on the waiting for 2.0 discussion

Just had good news from Andrew, the sales manager ar Woodgrove Jeep.

Good Morning,

I just got back from a week of summer holidays and I see that your Jeep is scheduled to leave the plant on Aug. 3. That's its birthday.​
Sponsored

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I’m getting crazy reactions from people too. Far more than with the JK I traded in. And that was a crazy color too... orange crush.
Same here! Saturday I went to the grocery store and a couple on their motorcycle followed me in the parking lot. When I hopped out of my Jeep the lady came running over asking me if she can check out my Jeep. They were about to ride over an hour to go see the Mojito! in person. I spent about 30 mins chatting with them about the new JL and I'm pretty sure they are going to buy one now. They were super excited about all things I was telling them.

At least once a day I have a stranger tell me how awesome my Jeep looks... I love it!

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Reports of people checking out Mojito! JLs made me think of something... Nobody outside of my immediate household family even knows that I'm getting a JLUR . My parents don't know, my friends don't know, my workmates don't know. Does anybody else stay tight-lipped about things like this? Heck, about 15 years ago when my wife and I built a brand new home on the Florida coast nobody knew but the two of us, and that was a two-year build.

Edit... all of you folks know. Lol.

Dormamu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 Pacifica Hybrid, 1978 LandCruiser
Reports of people checking out Mojito! JLs made me think of something... Nobody outside of my immediate household family even knows that I'm getting a JLUR . My parents don't know, my friends don't know, my workmates don't know. Does anybody else stay tight-lipped about things like this? Heck, about 15 years ago when my wife and I built a brand new home on the Florida coast nobody knew but the two of us, and that was a two-year build.

Same.

Nobody knows with us either.

Sponsored

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara

Ugh..:no. I showed everyone pictures like it was a sonogram of one of my kids. . And anyone that didn’t ohh and ahh was immediately de-friended on facebook. Serves em right.

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase

Sort of... nobody other than a select few in my FJ Cruiser Club, and my household knew. Most still don’t, and I’ve had it for almost two weeks now!

cjoynes

First Name
Cindi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and soon to be 2018 Mojito 2-door Rubicon

Not me. EVERYONE went through my grueling 3 month agony with me. Especially my coworkers. EVERY moment of it! They all now know way too much (their words) about building jeeps, jeep status, and D1 hell. However, now that I have it, the only people that have actually seen it are my hubby and our best friends. The others have seen the pics, but not the actual jeep. Weird, right?

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the Rubicon already comes with window tint from the factory. Is anyone planning on adding tint to their Mojito or have done it that would like to post picture.

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the Rubicon already comes with window tint from the factory. Is anyone planning on adding tint to their Mojito or have done it that would like to post picture.
Here is the wife's Mojito! with tinted windows including windshield strip. Windows are great; but I am tall enough that I look through the front strip, not under it. That gets a little annoying after sundown.
20180621_170258.jpg

Sponsored

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
105 days since I ordered and at least I got a Dodge Challenger loaner as a consolation prize! :cwl: It's actually a really fun car to drive (not green with envy colored, sadly) but I'll hopefully have my JLU within a month.

shouldnthavesoldmyJEEP

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition, 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Scat Pack Shaker, 2018 JLU Rubicon

Other than my wife, I think I told two other people, but only because they are Jeep people and I knew they would be excited too. Usually, we are tight lipped
105 days since I ordered and at least I got a Dodge Challenger loaner as a consolation prize! :cwl: It's actually a really fun car to drive (not green with envy colored, sadly) but I'll hopefully have my JLU within a month.

I traded in a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack 6 speed and yes, they are a blast to drive! I'm happy to hear they gave you a fun car to drive until your Jeep arrives.

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
Here is the wife's Mojito! with tinted windows including windshield strip. Windows are great; but I am tall enough that I look through the front strip, not under it. That gets a little annoying after sundown.
20180621_170258.jpg
@buried20kleague these the same wheels you are installing? They look great! Btw...we are all still waiting on the rumored pictures!

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
Now to find time to go pick them up and install them! Damn kids and their busy schedules.

EB17B653-3734-4BBD-81B9-37FE7C2E6D05.jpeg

B7E4F3D6-4FDE-4108-A5B6-1283FF3ED090.jpeg

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
Now to find time to go pick them up and install them! Damn kids and their busy schedules.

EB17B653-3734-4BBD-81B9-37FE7C2E6D05.jpeg

B7E4F3D6-4FDE-4108-A5B6-1283FF3ED090.jpeg
Oh I can't wait to see this
Sponsored