Sponsored

MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Ok, so after a nice drive into Boston this morning (traffic-free highway driving actually) I have some thoughts...

1. It's DEFINITELY an attention-getter. Mojito! is just a color that demands to be looked at.
2. Steering: Wow...I honestly was expecting worse than the JK...and it's even worse than what I was expecting. You need to constantly "correct" as it wants to drift and there is some play right in the middle. I need to keep an eye on any updates because it just can't be "right" considering the early reviewers raving about the new steering. (Mind you, I haven't had the opportunity to check the psi in the tires to see if they are overinflated...but just by looking at them I can tell they are)
3. Ride: It's on par with the JK Sahara I came from. It's quieter but you still feel all of the bumps (I'm sure that a JL Sahara would ride smoother than a JK Sahara...but the suspension on the Rubi (paired with the tires) bring it down a notch.
4. Being inside it: Night and day improvement. Much more "upscale" than the JK.
5. Fit and Finish: They knocked it out of the park.
6. New Transmission: Not even comparable. The engine feels MUCH more powerful even though it's really not. To me this is the biggest improvement.
7. Stance: I really thought I'd want a 2.5" lift with 37s and 18" rims but after looking at it...I REALLY like the stance as is. I'm sure I'll get the itch to go bigger eventually but what was an immediate mod I wanted to do has really been pushed to the back burner.
8. Rims: Pictures don't do the stock rims justice. I liked them but didn't love them...now I LOVE them (and I'm biased but I think they look so much better with the OWL tires).
9. Freedom Top Panels: I love how the "screws" are gone! It's so easy to pop these off now and they are a LOT lighter. The appearance/texture of them leave a lot to be desired. I may paint them or get the headliners.
10. All-weather mats: For the $90 I paid for them, they are a no-brainer! Going from the carpet to the AWM makes a huge difference in appearance and adds protection!
11. One regret I have is not getting the Proximity Entry. I know this is some serious "First-world problems" but having to take the fob out to unlock the door means that the key is out anyways...but now you don't need it to start the Jeep so it's now in your hands while you're sitting...so putting it in your pocket is an inconvenience so you put it in the "holder slot" but then you forget about it when you hop out. OH THE HUMANITY haha. It's really not a big issue but just something I wish I had ordered.
12, The whole Engine Shut-off is so annoying. I've already got into the habit of pushing the button on start-up. It may be worth investing in the Tazer.

I'm swapping out the tops tomorrow (Let Freedom ring!) and I'm very excited to see how much easier the soft top is without wrestling with the zippers.
Reading your post makes me even more excited (except the steering part) to get mine!!!
Sponsored

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so after a nice drive into Boston this morning (traffic-free highway driving actually) I have some thoughts...

1. It's DEFINITELY an attention-getter. Mojito! is just a color that demands to be looked at.
2. Steering: Wow...I honestly was expecting worse than the JK...and it's even worse than what I was expecting. You need to constantly "correct" as it wants to drift and there is some play right in the middle. I need to keep an eye on any updates because it just can't be "right" considering the early reviewers raving about the new steering. (Mind you, I haven't had the opportunity to check the psi in the tires to see if they are overinflated...but just by looking at them I can tell they are)
3. Ride: It's on par with the JK Sahara I came from. It's quieter but you still feel all of the bumps (I'm sure that a JL Sahara would ride smoother than a JK Sahara...but the suspension on the Rubi (paired with the tires) bring it down a notch.
4. Being inside it: Night and day improvement. Much more "upscale" than the JK.
5. Fit and Finish: They knocked it out of the park.
6. New Transmission: Not even comparable. The engine feels MUCH more powerful even though it's really not. To me this is the biggest improvement.
7. Stance: I really thought I'd want a 2.5" lift with 37s and 18" rims but after looking at it...I REALLY like the stance as is. I'm sure I'll get the itch to go bigger eventually but what was an immediate mod I wanted to do has really been pushed to the back burner.
8. Rims: Pictures don't do the stock rims justice. I liked them but didn't love them...now I LOVE them (and I'm biased but I think they look so much better with the OWL tires).
9. Freedom Top Panels: I love how the "screws" are gone! It's so easy to pop these off now and they are a LOT lighter. The appearance/texture of them leave a lot to be desired. I may paint them or get the headliners.
10. All-weather mats: For the $90 I paid for them, they are a no-brainer! Going from the carpet to the AWM makes a huge difference in appearance and adds protection!
11. One regret I have is not getting the Proximity Entry. I know this is some serious "First-world problems" but having to take the fob out to unlock the door means that the key is out anyways...but now you don't need it to start the Jeep so it's now in your hands while you're sitting...so putting it in your pocket is an inconvenience so you put it in the "holder slot" but then you forget about it when you hop out. OH THE HUMANITY haha. It's really not a big issue but just something I wish I had ordered.
12, The whole Engine Shut-off is so annoying. I've already got into the habit of pushing the button on start-up. It may be worth investing in the Tazer.

I'm swapping out the tops tomorrow (Let Freedom ring!) and I'm very excited to see how much easier the soft top is without wrestling with the zippers.
How to disable the start stop for Free. Although I think there will be a warning light on the dash, if you can stand that until you get a Tazer it might be a something to try.

Musicnjeepz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKURR
d: 05/07/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 05/23/2018
Estimated delivery: 07/03/2018 - 07/07/2018
Built pending inspection: 06/11/2018 Hour 14
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/12/18 02:50:00 AM TOLEDO, OH
Production Status KZ Received 06/18/18 01:46:00 PM
Gate Out 06/22/18 08:16:00 AM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Truck Load Complete 06/25/18 07:46:00 AM TOLEDO - NITRO CREEK
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 07/03/18 07:59:00 AM TOLEDO - NITRO CREEK VDC (on truck to Dealer

Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on sales rep number three at Dennis Dillon. Getting them to take calls or answer messages is like pulling teeth, let alone getting updates. The only time I ever get calls is when they tell me my former salesperson has been replaced by a new one. Regardless though the price was fantastic, and honestly updates really don't mean anything because when it gets here and gets here.
I also ordered from Dennis Dillon. My Salesman is Roland. He called me once to tell me my order will be delayed due to the 2.0L and I could either move to the V6 or get a refund, I am sticking to the Turbo. I had to email them to get a VON and VIN. That is the only contact I have had, I ordered 5/31.

Great price, I saved $6,200 or 13% off of MSRP.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
From a thread on this site...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/special-scheduling-condition-vii.5486/

It doesn't ALWAYS seem to have something to do with a build issue, but can also have to do with available allocations from dealers. I'm guessing that's what it's about for the people that have it listed on their build sheet with no reason on the following line. Like I said, mine had that, then the next line was D1 to D regression. That was put there for a reason. Had to be. And that was what Jasmine and I discussed as being an issue, and it's what my dealer tried to push too.

But anyway... Post 12 from that thread, which certainly fits my circumstance...

"Hello All, I know this is a old post but thought I would add my two cents. The special scheduling is a priority status to move the vehicle through the build process more quickly and move it to the front of the line more quickly. It is done by FCA when there is a problem with a build and it either has to be rebuilt or gets stuck in one of the build stages for an extended period of time. I ordered in March and my original build was damaged in the build process. A new build was started under this special status and it went from order to built in less than 10 days and shipped in under two weeks. Hope you are all enjoying your new Jeeps since this post is so old. Regards."

Yup, this is the listing on my Build sheet, (last 11 entries):

FAM: JL TRACKING: 71214J19 MY:2018
FAM: JL TRACKING: 80126J15 MY:2018
FAM: JL TRACKING: 80219J25 MY:2018
Customer Preferred Package 2TB
Customer Preferred Package 24B
Sold Vehicle
Special Scheduling Condition VII
Status D to D1
Easy Order
United States Region Group
NAFTA Region

khisanth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLU, 1967 Chevy Camaro 350SS
I don't believe it's on every sheet... On some sheets it has to do with dealer allocations, apparently.

But the fact that the next line right after that on mine is D1 to D regression... To me that clearly says they moved it up, and listed on the build sheet the reason for it.
Mine has the same special scheduling condition. :whatsgoingon:

khisanth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLU, 1967 Chevy Camaro 350SS
From a thread on this site...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/special-scheduling-condition-vii.5486/

It doesn't ALWAYS seem to have something to do with a build issue, but can also have to do with available allocations from dealers. I'm guessing that's what it's about for the people that have it listed on their build sheet with no reason on the following line. Like I said, mine had that, then the next line was D1 to D regression. That was put there for a reason. Had to be. And that was what Jasmine and I discussed as being an issue, and it's what my dealer tried to push too.

But anyway... Post 12 from that thread, which certainly fits my circumstance...

"Hello All, I know this is a old post but thought I would add my two cents. The special scheduling is a priority status to move the vehicle through the build process more quickly and move it to the front of the line more quickly. It is done by FCA when there is a problem with a build and it either has to be rebuilt or gets stuck in one of the build stages for an extended period of time. I ordered in March and my original build was damaged in the build process. A new build was started under this special status and it went from order to built in less than 10 days and shipped in under two weeks. Hope you are all enjoying your new Jeeps since this post is so old. Regards."
LOL mine says "special scheduling ViII" followed by "Saved Favorites" lol... wth does that mean?!

Sponsored

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase

Schliky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I actually think I already did... ;)

I was just informed that I'm already in "I" status... Inspection. It's moving right through. And I think I know why...

I just got my build sheet. At the very bottom, it says:

- Special Scheduling Condition VII

- D1-To-D Regress

I did some google-fu, and special scheduling condition VII basically means someone at Chrysler made it a priority build.

I think it seems pretty obvious that Jasmine at JeepCares pulled some strings. She HAD to have. She's the one that told me she talked to the factory and saw it had gone back and forth between D and D1 (which would be the D1-to-D Regress note), and that shouldn't happen.

So... That makes me think I'm right back under that 4-leaf clover. :)

The question is... When they change priority on a build like this, how far up the line does it get to skip?? Will it get priority in shipping as well?? I've got to think it would, wouldn't it????

NOW... NOW is when I'm letting myself get a little excited about this whole thing. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

im not special at all, i also have those 2 things on my build sheet. Sorry to burst your bubble :)

harry17815

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep, 2017 Infinity, 2021 C8 Vette
I've just check my order status. My Mojito JLUR is built, but it needs accessories add?