Sponsored

Mojito vs bikini vs punk'n?? Which color to get?

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
I've had people argue color is one of the most important/ influential deciding factors in buying a vehicle- because its the one you'll see every day, and it's a large emotion component to an emotional decision (when you come to the realization that you've picked THE vehicle you're buying).

if I recall correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong):
Mojito was 2018-2019 (first half)
Bikini was 2019 only
Punk'n was 2018-2020 (beginning)

That said: Find the best deal you can with the options you want and go with it. That is 100% the right move. Know your numbers, what you're willing to pay, and don't be afraid to walk. It's just a Jeep and they are a dime a dozen right now, even in these colors. Maybe not 5-10 years down the road, but right now, there are plenty kicking around, and in another year you'll probably see a bunch coming in off lease returns- so be patient.

Now, for a story:
When I went hunting for a TJ Rubi (in 2013)to replace my rusty old TJ sport, I wanted exotic/ candy colors as well: Electric Lime Green, Impact Orange, Bright Blue, Yellow, or Flame Red. I also wanted an LJ Rubicon with a manual trans. After a while, it became pretty apparent I was searching for a unicorn a decade too late. I ended up settling on a Patriot Blue TJ Rubicon. I loved that Jeep, but the color was just blah, Of course, an Impact Orange LJ Rubi w/ Manual trans came up for private sale in CA for a VERY reasonable price on FB the week after I took delivery on the Blue Jeep. At that point, I didn't have the cash to move on it and I couldn't sell the blue Jeep, so I had to pass. It seems the people who order the bright colors with options like Rubicon and manual trans are more rare and so people who end up with them are the ones that REALLY want them- so they hold onto them for a long time.

I liked Mojito! but my buddy was getting that color.
I liked Bikini as I am a die hard San Jose Sharks fan
But I ended up ordering with Punk'n- Because I it's a classic color, just like all the bright colors have roots in Mopar heritage. I wanted an Impact Orange TJ Rubi since the first time I saw one on the lot. When I first got into off roading, I almost bought a bright orange CJ5 Renegade that was more rust than Jeep. For me, I knew I was going to be keeping this Jeep forever and so I went with Punk'n.
Punkin stopped when they shut the factory down due to covid. Bikini ends in 2020 but still trickling in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JEB-A-RONI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I've had people argue color is one of the most important/ influential deciding factors in buying a vehicle- because its the one you'll see every day, and it's a large emotion component to an emotional decision (when you come to the realization that you've picked THE vehicle you're buying).

if I recall correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong):
Mojito was 2018-2019 (first half)
Bikini was 2019 only
Punk'n was 2018-2020 (beginning)

That said: Find the best deal you can with the options you want and go with it. That is 100% the right move. Know your numbers, what you're willing to pay, and don't be afraid to walk. It's just a Jeep and they are a dime a dozen right now, even in these colors. Maybe not 5-10 years down the road, but right now, there are plenty kicking around, and in another year you'll probably see a bunch coming in off lease returns- so be patient.

Now, for a story:
When I went hunting for a TJ Rubi (in 2013)to replace my rusty old TJ sport, I wanted exotic/ candy colors as well: Electric Lime Green, Impact Orange, Bright Blue, Yellow, or Flame Red. I also wanted an LJ Rubicon with a manual trans. After a while, it became pretty apparent I was searching for a unicorn a decade too late. I ended up settling on a Patriot Blue TJ Rubicon. I loved that Jeep, but the color was just blah, Of course, an Impact Orange LJ Rubi w/ Manual trans came up for private sale in CA for a VERY reasonable price on FB the week after I took delivery on the Blue Jeep. At that point, I didn't have the cash to move on it and I couldn't sell the blue Jeep, so I had to pass. It seems the bright colors with options like Rubicon and manual trans are more rare and so people who end up with them are the ones that REALLY want them- so they hold onto them for a long time.

I liked Mojito! but my buddy was getting that color.
I liked Bikini as I am a die hard San Jose Sharks fan
But I ended up ordering with Punk'n- Because I it's a classic color, just like all the bright colors have roots in Mopar heritage. I wanted an Impact Orange TJ Rubi since the first time I saw one on the lot. When I first got into off roading, I almost bought a bright orange CJ5 Renegade that was more rust than Jeep. For me, I knew I was going to be keeping this Jeep forever and so I went with the color I had been chasing for YEARS.
To be honest, I like patriot blue in the TJ. Also, I believe bikini came in 2020 as well. It's just so hard to find the JL in the perfect color with all the options I want, especially since covid hit I feel like the market for people buying and selling cars has just plummeted.

OP
OP

JEB-A-RONI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I drove an hour and a half for the Bikini, not near as far as you but their online offer was 4K better than my local dealer and ended up 4.5 k better. Definitely worth a try.
4K? I definitely would have drove the hour and a half too.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
To be honest, I like patriot blue in the TJ. Also, I believe bikini came in 2020 as well. It's just so hard to find the JL in the perfect color with all the options I want, especially since covid hit I feel like the market for people buying and selling cars has just plummeted.
I bought 2 2020’s from that experience I can say new vehicles are selling used market is iffy. Supply is short as dealers did not want to take on inventory since they did not know if they could sell them. There is a thread here where Carvana is buying Wranglers at a good price. All I can say is be patient, look far and wide and strike when you find it.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
They're all fun colors. When I had to decide, I thought I was going to get Mojito for sure but then i saw it in person and had second thoughts. Mojito looked fantastic with the doors off and the top down but I was a bit overwhelmed when it was all buttoned up. Bikini to me looked about as good running naked but better with roof and doors. I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

OP
OP

JEB-A-RONI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
I bought 2 2020’s from that experience I can say new vehicles are selling used market is iffy. Supply is short as dealers did not want to take on inventory since they did not know if they could sell them. There is a thread here where Carvana is buying Wranglers at a good price. All I can say is be patient, look far and wide and strike when you find it.
True I just have to be patient; slow and steady wins the race.

OP
OP

JEB-A-RONI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
They're all fun colors. When I had to decide, I thought I was going to get Mojito for sure but then i saw it in person and had second thoughts. Mojito looked fantastic with the doors off and the top down but I was a bit overwhelmed when it was all buttoned up. Bikini to me looked about as good running naked but better with roof and doors. I don't think you can really go wrong with either.
True, its a win win situation no matter what I choose...

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Right but dealers here have 2020 Bikini’s on the way. About 10 I saw while shopping for mine. I thought it was odd.
Punk’n was discontinued in early February and Bikini more recently. I can see how some Bikinis that were in the pipeline are incoming. It’s a cool color for sure.

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Punk’n gets all the waves..just sayen!

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
My question is, between these 3 colors, which one do you like best? If anyone out there owns any one of these colors, let me know how you like it and maybe why you chose it.
Because Hydro Blue wasn’t available and this was the next best color.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mojito vs bikini vs punk'n?? Which color to get? B6051733-EC71-438A-992E-F643ED21D19A

Rumor has it Hydro Blue may return for 2021
Jeep Wrangler JL Mojito vs bikini vs punk'n?? Which color to get? 0A489C6B-5900-4E56-B14B-3D9C9A39B4F0

But you can’t go wrong with red
Jeep Wrangler JL Mojito vs bikini vs punk'n?? Which color to get? 81D83865-F850-4969-8A8D-6CC6A4A7C6F9

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
My vote would be, well for stingray. But of the colors you listed, mojito then punkin. It’s fun to say bikini Jeep, but I look at it and see 1990 camaro teal.
Sponsored