First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 XJ, 08 Avalanche, 76 CB550F
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
I’ve been waiting to order a two door Mojito and I have officially decided to wait for the 2019. For me the time frame is just too close to the model changeover. I know myself and in another month or so we will all be talking about the 2019’s and I won’t even have my 2018 yet and it will bother me . LOL
or if they do mojito it may be a limited release again. Which would push it back to March 2019. I was hoping to get a JL in Gobi with all the decals but didnt make the cut for JL's at all this year.
Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Well i’m Not going to wait for the 2019’s since there won’t be any big changes to them! I’ll get my order in pretty soon. Just waiting on a good quote from a few dealers! This forum has taught me a lot though.

To be honest i’ve Taken another look at the other colors again and after seeing them I want the Mojito even more. The Ocean Blue is too purple for me and the Punkin is just too orange, my wife’s car is the charcoal color and I my F-150 is white and I do not want silver or black. I’ve also never owned a green vehicle before. Now if that red had been A dark fire engine red I might of went that direction!

MoJeepDust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
Well i’m Not going to wait for the 2019’s since there won’t be any big changes to them! I’ll get my order in pretty soon. Just waiting on a good quote from a few dealers! This forum has taught me a lot though.

To be honest i’ve Taken another look at the other colors again and after seeing them I want the Mojito even more. The Ocean Blue is too purple for me and the Punkin is just too orange, my wife’s car is the charcoal color and I my F-150 is white and I do not want silver or black. I’ve also never owned a green vehicle before. Now if that red had been A dark fire engine red I might of went that direction!
probably a good call considering how few changes go on in a given 10 year line up. 2019 wont be much different buy ya may miss mojito!

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
It’s possible they pull the Mojito for the dark green!

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
Our dealer is working on our Sahara JL with black leather in Mojito now. He is ordering one in...we get first look! Fingers crossed! (Eyes crossed, too)! ;)

Sponsored

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Are you saying your dealership was able to order a mojito colored Jeep today??

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
What will you do if Mojito isn't a color in 2019?
I’m was only ordering Mojito because it’s the only green available if they pull Mojito for 2019 , after 3-4 months production that means there were problems or it didn’t sell . I would not want a color that limited. To answer your question my solution will be to order the new green whatever they have for 2019.

Well i’m Not going to wait for the 2019’s since there won’t be any big changes to them!
I disagree the 2019 will have substantial changes, just the ones we know about our huge BSG which allows 48V and a whole new world there. Gorilla glass that’s awesome, Offroad pages , plus a diesel and I’m sure some other surprises that we don’t even know about yet. 2019 is not a carryover it’s really the beginning of full JL production , 2018 is more of a transition year. A 2018 JL has a limited edition powertrain as well , it’ll be the only year with a 3.6 ESS only.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
I’m was only ordering Mojito because it’s the only green available if they pull Mojito for 2019 , after 3-4 months production that means there were problems or it didn’t sell . I would not want a color that limited. To answer your question my solution will be to order the new green whatever they have for 2019.

I disagree the 2019 will have substantial changes, just the ones we know about our huge BSG which allows 48V and a whole new world there. Gorilla glass that’s awesome, Offroad pages , plus a diesel and I’m sure some other surprises that we don’t even know about yet. 2019 is not a carryover it’s really the beginning of full JL production , 2018 is more of a transition year. A 2018 JL has a limited edition powertrain as well , it’ll be the only year with a 3.6 ESS only.
I think you called out most of the changes we know about for 2019. I have another perspective as well as I ordered a manual transmission - I wanted a 2018 over a 2019 since the 3.6 is the only option with a manual and I am one of the few that does not want BSG...FCA has already proven they struggle with bringing new tech to market (/cough 9 speed transmission /cough) or even getting the basics right (bad frame welds??? :headbang:) and powertrain reliability should be paramount for a Wrangler.

Also, the risk is real that Mojito may either not happen :swear: or be very limited and not released in 2019. I would LOVE to be one of the select few to own a Mojito Jeep if this came to pass! :rock:

Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I just had a dealer checking into the date for Mojito call me and say he was told they were not going to make the green this year. To be honest I do not believe him and told him I was willing to wait another Month to find out! what is it with some dealers? does he think I will just buy another color because he tells be something?

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I just had a dealer checking into the date for Mojito call me and say he was told they were not going to make the green this year. To be honest I do not believe him and told him I was willing to wait another Month to find out! what is it with some dealers? does he think I will just buy another color because he tells be something?
I'd immediately be looking for a new dealer that isn't telling me lies just to get me to buy another one now.

OP
OP
buried20kleague

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Car salesmen have reputations for a reason.

Not all are clueless or shady (of which this guy could be either)... But some are. Maybe the guy is trying to keep a job. Maybe he gets bonused if he hits a certain number.

Or maybe he's an idiot.

MoJeepDust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
We're (car salesman) not all shady, Im excited for my clients who get to special order there Jeeps! I have fun going thru item by item and building it for them! I sell Jeep brand because its what I truly believe in and my clients know that. I bought my first Jeep at 22 and never looked back.

I've said this before, but your dealer should appreciate your business, especially when it comes to the kind of money and credit necessary to purchase a new JL . They should be keeping you up to date on whats happening. Yes we are pushed by mgmt. to sell what on our lot but if you want Punk'N and nothing else then you get Punk'N!!! that's all there is too it.

If anyone in the Midwest area needs assistance in purchasing or ordering and are unhappy with there dealer please feel free to message me. I work in Marshall Missouri and would more than happy to work with you!
Sponsored