MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A turbo 2.0 with manual transmission would be tempting. Not sure I’d want the rest of the Mojave package though.

Mostly not sure I’m ready to start over on the build though. Maybe in a few years.
Sponsored

Joltes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 1969 VW Beetle
Vehicle Showcase
Longer wheelbase is generally easier to control in high speed/low grip situations.
The 4 door may handle a little better, but I am saying that the 2 door would fair just fine in the desert, contrary to what you implied. Not trying to argue. Just a different opinion.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Have you ever tried to drift a CJ-5?

Longer wheelbase is generally easier to control in high speed/low grip situations.
it’s still not got independent suspension. It’s not a raptor. I get jeep is scared of bronco but Mojave isn’t some prerunner.

Last edited:

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
So add some Fox 2.5s and jounce up front and the existing Wrangler would probably do pretty much what the Mojave does. Energy Suspension had a Rock Flex kit that sounded like it would do most of this if you add the Fox Shocks

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The 4 door may handle a little better, but I am saying that the 2 door would fair just fine in the desert, contrary to what you implied. Not trying to argue. Just a different opinion.
You inferred incorrectly. I never said the 2-door wouldn't work.

Hell, I was already trying to track down the the shocks & bumpstops from the JTM specifically to put on my JLR, but have since decided to wait for the JLM.

it’s still not got independent suspension. It’s not a raptor. I get jeep is scared of bronco but Mohave isn’t some prerunner.
Someone better tell Jeep it isn't made for high(er) speed:

The new Gladiator Mojave flourishes in dry, unforgiving environments. We’ve reinforced the frame and axles, added cast iron steering knuckles and enhanced the suspension with a 1-inch front lift to create a high-speed desert racer that can master the stress of running fast in the sand while effortlessly maneuvering over uneven terrain

Hit the Off-Road+ button when in 4HI and your Gladiator Mojave is ready for high-speed 4x4 sand driving. The Off-Road+ system automatically adjusts throttle, transmission, shift points and traction control for peak performance on higher speed passes.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
well I’m convinced, guess I’ll pack it up then, and let it take its rightful place as the new official vehicle of king of the hammers
Hey now, I never said I bought into their marketing. I'm just reserving my judgement until I (or someone I know) has driven one. This could be a great cost effective source for good OEM quality parts.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Hi anndee4444, yes I have drifted my 75 CJ-5 all over Dumont dunes, but I did have A LS-5.3 / auto to help, and yes A longer wheel base is more stable
My experience was with a '68 with the even shorter 81" wheelbase (72+ was 83.5"), and the 225 Dauntless V6. Plenty of torque, but there was an incredibly fine line between under-steer & donuts.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
2.0 and 6-speed sign me up! But in regular Rubicon trim thanks

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully along the same lines as the MOAB. Since they can use the MOAB name anymore. So we will have JLUMJ and JLUM
Hmm, I didn't know this - makes me curious...

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/10/fca-loses-appeal-to-register-moab-trademark-in-federal-court-ruling/

It looks like Jeep can use Moab, just can't trademark the word for their exclusive use. I guess like Apple, that trademarks the Apple's stylized image of an apple, Jeep could trademark the appearance of the word MOAB on Jeep hoods, with that phat, chunky lettering, but the word per se, no exclusive automotive use.
Sponsored