Sponsored

Mojave Wrangler Reportedly On The Way

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Something about 2-door's wheelbase and high speed desert driving doesn't seem right...
It will befishtailing like green machine! Except of course the stability control should kick in, maybe? Right? Maybe? I know an old cj7 was dangerous on a dirt road over 35....
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Haven't you ever watched "Rat Patrol".
No, not really. It doesn't look like vehicle control was given any consideration at all, and that the Jeep was just the easiest way to move the machine gun around.

1967-01-12-quebec-telephragh-rat-patrol-text.jpg

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
No, not really. It doesn't look like vehicle control was given any consideration at all, and that the Jeep was just the easiest way to move the machine gun around.

1967-01-12-quebec-telephragh-rat-patrol-text.jpg
Thanks, you've just ruined one of my favorite childhood shows. :crying:

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Be interesting to see what the real world sales figures are for a four-cylinder turbo stick shift sand runner.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Not great, sand and stick shift aren't perfectly made for each other... but I'd take one anyway!
Yes, Stick-shifts and sand hate each other. I live in sand country. The sand toys are most all automatic now. Anybody who’s ever been to the sand dunes knows, you push the clutch in momentum stops. You’re driving on four flat tires after all. LOL. Turbos are also not a big fan of sand. In sand you’re running very low air pressure. starting and stopping in the sand is very hard on the clutch. I’ve seen many , many people burn out clutches trying to get unstuck rocking a stick back and forth to get out or climb a hill. it takes a lot of experience to run a stick shift correctly in the sand.

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Yes, Stick-shifts and sand hate each other. I live in sand country. The sand toys are most all automatic now. Anybody who’s ever been to the sand dunes knows, you push the clutch in momentum stops. You’re driving on four flat tires after all. LOL. Turbos are also not a big fan of sand. At competition hil, Oldsmobile hill, the sand drags Pismo. The stick shift guys dump the clutch dig holes , big sprays of sand in the air and the automatic guys are gone.
Also note in the sand you’re running very low air pressure. starting and stopping in the sand is very hard on the clutch. I’ve seen many , many people burn out clutches trying to get unstuck rocking a stick back and forth to get out or climb a hill. it takes a lot of experience to run a stick shift correctly in the sand.
I used to run circles around Jeeps at Pismo in cut-down 45 HP stick-shift 2WD Volkswagens.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes, Stick-shifts and sand hate each other. I live in sand country. The sand toys are most all automatic now. Anybody who’s ever been to the sand dunes knows, you push the clutch in momentum stops. You’re driving on four flat tires after all. LOL. Turbos are also not a big fan of sand. In sand you’re running very low air pressure. starting and stopping in the sand is very hard on the clutch. I’ve seen many , many people burn out clutches trying to get unstuck rocking a stick back and forth to get out or climb a hill. it takes a lot of experience to run a stick shift correctly in the sand.
Flotation is a big deal. I have a 5 speed Samurai that's light enough it can float on dunes. My 5 speed TJ did well too. My JL has been fine on 37s but I haven't been on any super super soft and deep sand yet. The weight worries me a little

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Flotation is a big deal. I have a 5 speed Samurai that's light enough it can float on dunes. My 5 speed TJ did well too. My JL has been fine on 37s but I haven't been on any super super soft and deep sand yet. The weight worries me a little
Of course flotation is everything in the sand. You sound experienced sand and stick shifts no problems there. If you’ve been around the scene you’ve seen it for yourself the rookie with the stick shift trying to shift mid hill , too much air pressure and burnt clutch’s. I realize people can run stick shifts in the sand which is why I said you have to be experienced to run a stick shift in the sand correctly

Last edited:

Sponsored

jpb

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Soon 2019 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I'm glad I waited. I too had to take a second look when it said manual in 6 speed. Now the question is when???

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Of course flotation is everything in the sand. You sound experienced sand and stick shifts no problems there. If you’ve been around the scene you’ve seen it for yourself the rookie with the stick shift trying to shift mid hill , too much air pressure and burnt clutch’s. I realize people can run stick shifts in the sand which is why I said you have to be experienced to run a stick shift in the sand correctly
"Experienced" is a big heavy word. Let's just say I have a lot of experience and much of that experience has consisted of "learning experiences"... :CWL:

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
Hmm, I didn't know this - makes me curious...

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/10/fca-loses-appeal-to-register-moab-trademark-in-federal-court-ruling/

It looks like Jeep can use Moab, just can't trademark the word for their exclusive use. I guess like Apple, that trademarks the Apple's stylized image of an apple, Jeep could trademark the appearance of the word MOAB on Jeep hoods, with that phat, chunky lettering, but the word per se, no exclusive automotive use.
Yeah.. I was thinking MOAB = JLUM , MOJAVE - JLUMJ. :)
Saw that I thought I saw somewhere that said they were going to use it since they couldn't ? Who know.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Something about 2-door's wheelbase and high speed desert driving doesn't seem right...
Have you ever tried to drift a CJ-5?

Longer wheelbase is generally easier to control in high speed/low grip situations.
Funny , the longer wheel base Gladiator people are saying this same thing about the 4 door wrangler. Lol. So the gladiator people think the four-door is too short , the four-door people think the two door is too short, the two door people think the four-door and gladiator are too long.
Sponsored