kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey Kharland thanks for this post. I recently had a very minor accident and it seems that I have to buy a new hood. I was thinking about doing this conversion and just came across your post. I have seen that deal through genuine Mopar for the conversion kit https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/s...GIYK6-s-vdVe_hkPZmk4nhmgBjVLYImBoCMHAQAvD_BwE In your experience, do you think that would be all that I need or should I go off your parts list?

Also do you remember the price for the decals? Jeep looks great!
it was around 27 bucks a decal. I ordered some off ebay but the quality wasn't the same. Ended up going to the dealer and picking them up
Sponsored

OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey Kharland thanks for this post. I recently had a very minor accident and it seems that I have to buy a new hood. I was thinking about doing this conversion and just came across your post. I have seen that deal through genuine Mopar for the conversion kit https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/s...GIYK6-s-vdVe_hkPZmk4nhmgBjVLYImBoCMHAQAvD_BwE In your experience, do you think that would be all that I need or should I go off your parts list?

Also do you remember the price for the decals? Jeep looks great!
I think that Link you attached will have all the parts. 100% know you will have the parts if you use all the part #'s I listed, maybe go to the dealer and see what the cost is. That link listed is a good deal though.

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
No I cheaped out and covered my large dent with a hood guard that fit perfectly. I was getting prices around $2,800 for a full factory replacement so I said screw it

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
I think that Link you attached will have all the parts. 100% know you will have the parts if you use all the part #'s I listed, maybe go to the dealer and see what the cost is. That link listed is a good deal though.
How's the hood holding up? I am getting ready to do the mold, any advice?

dhaarma01

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
OP - do you have pictures of the pushpins you used to get the hood light to shut off? Or even better the part number of what you used?

Completed this hood swap today and trying to find out the best solution.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
OP - do you have pictures of the pushpins you used to get the hood light to shut off? Or even better the part number of what you used?

I just went to the local hardware store and sounds two thick push pins that reach the pins to shut off the light. On the rubicon hood (mine at least) had some tape on the pins so i did the same, covered the plastic pins with tape and the light shut off. its been months and i've had zero problems

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I'm actually looking to swap my Mojave hood for a Rubicon hood (white), if anyone is interested.

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
Love the Mojave hood especially on the 2 doors. Did you make the hood functional using the Rubicon 392 bezel? I don't think water will be an issue my Scat Pack hood has 3 open bezels and ventilates the 392 very well. One of my future mods is to put a Rubicon hood on my Willys.

Last edited:

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
I just went to the local hardware store and sounds two thick push pins that reach the pins to shut off the light. On the rubicon hood (mine at least) had some tape on the pins so i did the same, covered the plastic pins with tape and the light shut off. its been months and i've had zero problems
Kharland, can you take a photo of the pins and the tape. I am having a heard finding this thing.

Sponsored

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I still want to swap out my Mojave hood for a Rubicon, but it appears the amount of work/parts that goes into it, may not be suitable for a swap with someone.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
sorry I’ve been out for a while, baby girl is here. That also meant no more 2 door.. I did make the swap onto my JLU though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL D8156B6C-BCEB-4BEA-8798-D5241543D4A3

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL D8156B6C-BCEB-4BEA-8798-D5241543D4A3
Looks awesome! Is the hood the same between the JL & JLU or is there a separate part #?

OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Looks awesome! Is the hood the same between the JL & JLU or is there a separate part #?
Nope this came off my 2 door just had to repaint now that I have black. All part numbers will be the same.

OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I still want to swap out my Mojave hood for a Rubicon, but it appears the amount of work/parts that goes into it, may not be suitable for a swap with someone.
You never know. I’ve heard some people hate the way the Mojave hood looks. The swap doesn’t take long and isn’t that difficult.

OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon

Kharland, can you take a photo of the pins and the tape. I am having a heard finding this thing.
Look at the first image on the original thread. Took those pins, a piece of tape laid over the pins to shut the light off.
Sponsored